Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft thread

vCash

Draft thread

Kiper's first Mock is out and I'm pretty eager to see how things roll out for the Bills this year. I've seen several mocks and they all have the Bills taking a QB or LB at #8. IMO the QB class is watered down this year so I hope they go LB in the first and QB in the second. They may have to trade up to get their choice of QB but it seems they'll be a few to choose from in the late first/early second.

Kiper has us taking Te'o but I'd prefer Mingo/Jones/Jordan and then target Wison/Barkley/Glennon/Nassib with the second pick.

vCash
    Agreed on the LB to take. We need to go LB in the draft… Maybe draft a couple.

Not related to the draft per se, but we must resign Byrd and Levitre. If we don't then we have to draft those positions as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marcre View Post
    Agreed on the LB to take. We need to go LB in the draft… Maybe draft a couple.

Not related to the draft per se, but we must resign Byrd and Levitre. If we don't then we have to draft those positions as well.
    Agreed on Byrd & Levitre. I haven't seen it anywhere yet but I think the feeling is that Buffalo will drop the franchise tag on Byrd. Works for me.

vCash
    This is as a wishful thinking as can be, but do any of you think that the Bills might try and land Revis? Pettine was his DC in New York, and his DB coach also came over to the Bills. Regardless of his price tag, or the fact that he is coming off a torn ACL, I'd still take him. Its crazy to think, but hey, who thought we were going to land Mario last offseason. Just a thought, anyways.

Credit--- Phins1983

vCash
    Very happy to see this thread come out; I am excited for the draft.

Byrd and Levitre are must haves. We need to keep them.

That said, I would definitely prefer that we look for some LB help in round 1 and maybe a WR in rd 2. I doubt the jets would trade revis to anyone in the afc east. Regardless, I think we should try and go for a CB in free agency. I feel like every draft, we take 3 CBs and they rarely pan out. So, I would prefer we try and get a proven player at that position.

If Bjorn Werner is there at 8, I say we take him, or we can try for Jarvis Jones (although I read he has some medical issues with his back?) or maybe Ogletree at LB. I think it is a mistake to QB in rd 1.

Maybe we trade back in the first round and try to acquire some more picks. I could easily see a team wanting to trade up with us, and leap-frog someone for Chance Warmack, who may be the best player in this draft. Then maybe if we are picking somewhere between 12 and 16, we can still get the LB we want.

vCash
    If we cannot re-sign Levitre, then I would be totally OK with Warmack at 8. I know it is high for a Left Guard, but this guy can play. And is a very low risk Rd1 pick.

vCash
    ...But hopefully, we are not in the position where we need to replace Levitre.

vCash
    Werner is strictly a DE I think so Anderson would have to get cut for that to make sense. Seems like this year's draft is all over the place, every "expert" mock has been different so it's really hard to guess who will be there at #8 and probably equally important, which qb's should be around in the second. Maybe it's just early but I have a feeling this will be a very unpredictable draft.

vCash
    I don't think Werner will fall to 8 anyway. This draft does seem like it may be unpredictable, no a lot of consensus players this year; I would imagine QBs will be ranked differently across each team's board. I do like some of the QBs in next year's class too.

If we could land landry jones in rd3 I would be very happy. Or even late rd 2.

vCash
    Well as far as signing revis that would be great and all, but he is looking for Mario Williams type contract from what I hear. Don't know how we could afford that. Also he is coming off major knee injury so that scares me, especially at that price. I feel we need to draft a defensive guy likely in the form of lb or a hybrid de/olb in the position were at. If we traded down to grab an extra pick or so we could look into some db. As far as qb I would inquire as to what it would take for Alex smith to come over, and then release fitz and draft a guy who can challenge him for the job in year or two. I would not sign smith to a very long deal though unless we use him then try to trade him, I lobby for short deal

vCash
    I've seen multiple mocks that have updated the Bills taking DE/OLB Dion Jordan. I haven't seen too much film on him but he looks like mainly an edge pass rusher. They say he's pretty good in coverage too so I guess I'd be ok with this. So long as Pettine has a good plan for using him. Personally I like Mingo but I just hope they don't reach on QB who will probably still be around in Rd 2.

vCash
    What do you guys think about taking ALEC OGLETREE vs Dion Jordan?

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash
    I like Ogletree too but he's projected late first so he'd be a major reach at #8. I could see them taking a QB at #8 and trading up for someone like Ogletree/Te'o or the opposite (and my preference)...take a LB like Jordan, Mingo, Jones at #8 and then trade up to grab a QB. The Jets, Chiefs, Jags, and Cardinals all pick before us in the 2nd round so I doubt we'd have our choice of QB by then. I feel like Barkley, Glennon, Wilson, and Nassib are pretty interchangeable but none are worthy of a top 10 pick.

vCash
    Im not sure If there is a top QB in this years draft, but I think we still need to draft one anywaz....I mean has Marcell, or Gilmore made our D better? what about Mario? i know we did not draft him...I have seen the Bills draft CB,DT, DE in the first round, and none made any difference....at all...there is no top WR this season, The LBs have some knocks on them...So if there is a QB that can makes us better im all in..I think its time.We see QBs all the time go past the top 5 picks that the draft experts say there not top talents but ...Flacco, Dalton, Wilson, etc... I would love to have at the 8th pick even if its not sexy on draft day...and all the qbs this years draft all have played and have done great in college... I mean i dont see the one year wonders...or the below avg qbs like sanchez, or gabberet

vCash
    Have Dareus, Gilmore, and Mario made our D better? Yes. All three are undeniably better than Spencer Johnson, Drayton Florence, and Aaron Maybin. Wannstedt was just clueless and our D severely underperformed.

It's gonna take a bunch of players to make this team better so I don't agree with reaching for a QB at #8 simply because we need one. Especially when there's zero consensus on who the best QB after Geno Smith is. After the first round the drop off in LB's is way greater than the drop off in QB's. Plus the last time we reached for a QB in the first was JP Losman.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast