Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do We Have Trade Bait?

With this years draft class being solid at some positions we need we should try without harming our team to gather picks for prospects we'd actually want not just to get picks go remove a cancer of course.

-Ok With Top guys like Ez Ansah at DE , CB X Rhodes , OLB Alec Olgeltree,CB Jordan Poyer , even RB lacy .

-MID picks with talent like - The CB The Honey Badger TM, CB Desmond Trufant (brother of Marcus and Isaih both in nfl) , RB Ball , CB WIll Davis , CB R. Alford , CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson , even a guy who has talent but some small issues so may drop in CB AdrianBushell alomg with and many others -

If we work the draft properly we can grab guys like E Ansah to replace tuck (I know relax ), a second RB like lacy to replace AB (relax) and split with DW , fill wholes at CB between depth and even future starters or to fight with Cwebb/prince right now .

Also gaining more picks lets us fix our oline , LB core , a healthier more powerful RB , younger DE with JPP for the future and maybe even a WR to possibly replace nicks! (Bc we'd have Cruz/RR/3rd guy ..no I don't love the idea but between injuries and salary cal I. Just throwing it out there .).

Our trade bait? DE Justin Tuck whose been declining is going to be 30 but could attract other teams like the jags who have been dying for a DE for years and would get us maybe an early 2nd and 4th without losing picks .

AB wouldn't get us much but a 4th and cap relief may be better than keeping a constantly lower body injured RB on our squad whose paid decently high.

KIWI , yes I know but 3-4 teams could use a guy like him and we aren't sure how long we'll have him it wouldn't kill us and could help us move up for a lb or CB (Rhodes)we want with the extra 2nds?

We would benefit from these trade in multiple ways if done properly we'd get guys in the draft to replace each member lost , fill in the wholes of older players with youth and add cheaper salaries while dumping bigger ones if they don't have a huge salary hit after that is .

Trade bait? Do you believe we should move kiwi/tuck/AB who are older for picks and cap relief in a draft where there's only a few top DES and kiwi can do multiple things for u. we'd benefit from the cap relief of it happens and it would also help us resign Cruz , KP , S. Brown ect (Hixon?).

What do you think ? Is trading Tuck or Kiwi or even both worth it? I know moving .AB probably wouldn't happen at all .

vCash
    With the new rookie contract structure, picks are worth even more now (and they were like gold to begin with). We can't afford to trade Kiwi because he will be our starting RE this year, or will play the role Osi has the past 2 years.

No team would offer anything higher than a 4th round pick for Tuck, and why would they even bother considering 1 - he will be a FA next year, 2- he does have a big salary, and most importantly 3 - he has not played well over the past 2 seasons

Concerning Bradshaw: HBs are not a premium position and actually quite easy to replace - meaning no team would want him for the first two reasons I stated for Justin Tuck, plus the fact he is hurt ALL THE TIME.

Basically, if you want to move up in the draft you would need to trade picks (something I can't see JR doing considering he also values draft picks as gold). Also, you need to think longterm - while jumping up to grab a player we really need/covet would seem nice at the time, you would be mortgaging 2014's draft. Unless you are a key player away (which we are not) or need that cornerstone QB (which we have), trading picks to move up in the draft is foolish. As far as trying to collect picks for our players, its just not possible for reasons stated above.
    Last edited by pelfry34; 01-23-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Goodbye old friend.

vCash
    I believe we missed a chance with osi , no I don't believe we can move Bradshaw that's true and unfortunate in some ways .

But I was also talking about replacing guys altogether and if kiwis just going to play back up de like osi (which is important to us) and then leave we should trade him .

Same goes for tuck.. Lets get some thing for our players even a 3rd there's a lot of talent where we don't need it in the 1st two rounds (unless Rhodes/dee fall or even banks). We can grab a top De in the 1st like Ez Ansah and a late olb like sio along with a late CB like Ty the honey badger or trufant and gain salary relief to grab f/as or resign guys we need ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    With this years draft class being solid at some positions we need we should try without harming our team to gather picks for prospects we'd actually want not just to get picks go remove a cancer of course.

-Ok With Top guys like Ez Ansah at DE , CB X Rhodes , OLB Alec Olgeltree,CB Jordan Poyer , even RB lacy .

-MID picks with talent like - The CB The Honey Badger TM, CB Desmond Trufant (brother of Marcus and Isaih both in nfl) , RB Ball , CB WIll Davis , CB R. Alford , CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson , even a guy who has talent but some small issues so may drop in CB AdrianBushell alomg with and many others -

If we work the draft properly we can grab guys like E Ansah to replace tuck (I know relax ), a second RB like lacy to replace AB (relax) and split with DW , fill wholes at CB between depth and even future starters or to fight with Cwebb/prince right now .

Also gaining more picks lets us fix our oline , LB core , a healthier more powerful RB , younger DE with JPP for the future and maybe even a WR to possibly replace nicks! (Bc we'd have Cruz/RR/3rd guy ..no I don't love the idea but between injuries and salary cal I. Just throwing it out there .).

Our trade bait? DE Justin Tuck whose been declining is going to be 30 but could attract other teams like the jags who have been dying for a DE for years and would get us maybe an early 2nd and 4th without losing picks .

AB wouldn't get us much but a 4th and cap relief may be better than keeping a constantly lower body injured RB on our squad whose paid decently high.

KIWI , yes I know but 3-4 teams could use a guy like him and we aren't sure how long we'll have him it wouldn't kill us and could help us move up for a lb or CB (Rhodes)we want with the extra 2nds?

We would benefit from these trade in multiple ways if done properly we'd get guys in the draft to replace each member lost , fill in the wholes of older players with youth and add cheaper salaries while dumping bigger ones if they don't have a huge salary hit after that is .

Trade bait? Do you believe we should move kiwi/tuck/AB who are older for picks and cap relief in a draft where there's only a few top DES and kiwi can do multiple things for u. we'd benefit from the cap relief of it happens and it would also help us resign Cruz , KP , S. Brown ect (Hixon?).

What do you think ? Is trading Tuck or Kiwi or even both worth it? I know moving .AB probably wouldn't happen at all .
    In my opinion with what I've seen from him, is he lacks good conditioning which is something he admitted when coming into BYU he would be tired after one drill..

He get's worn out pretty quick.

Not to say he isn't a first round pick..just not that high on him.

vCash
    Trading is very rare in the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pelfry34 View Post
    With the new rookie contract structure, picks are worth even more now (and they were like gold to begin with). .

Ding ding ding - tying up talent for four years at a minimum investment is gold. The Skins gave up a lot of gold for RGIII. Who won that trade? Stay tuned as the Rams have a great chance to build a powerhouse.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Trading is very rare in the NFL.
    Very true but how many years have we sat around with almost trades but then not done it (shockey an oi for example).

I'm saying go with the youth trade kiwi and tuck if you have o and get us Rhodes and supposedly the giants like Teo so him or EZ Ansah or some combo of studs..

Teams pulled love kiwi ..some old like tuck over th lack of DES after th 1st round ..I'm not saying we get 1sts at all but if we can package for 2 top players and one oline depth plus help our cap that's a great draft .

Imagine we replace osi/kiwi/tuck with two ppl nd get Rhodes for CB so when cwebbs gone he's ready with our new CB core (prince n Hosley ). Have a lb whose going kid round like sio (lost his last name he's supposta play similar to boley). ..

At worst we tried to o younger and healthier , saved cap room , kept some guys we couldn't and built for the future without really arming the present ..

(If we can get a 2nd and 4th for kiwi that alone replaces him and osi .. Maybe tuck next year )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Ding ding ding - tying up talent for four years at a minimum investment is gold. The Skins gave up a lot of gold for RGIII. Who won that trade? Stay tuned as the Rams have a great chance to build a powerhouse.
    Uhm the skins if rg3 stats healthy bc the rams may need a QB lol .. Besides that yes it's nice to have multiple early picks for multiple years like the pats did..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    In my opinion with what I've seen from him, is he lacks good conditioning which is something he admitted when coming into BYU he would be tired after one drill..

He get's worn out pretty quick.

Not to say he isn't a first round pick..just not that high on him.
    Hopefully that BS would stop didn't read that in any reports though they're way too high on him saying he's a more physical JPP or something like that !

vCash
    Very true but how many years have we sat around with almost trades but then not done it (shockey an oi for example).

I'm saying go with the youth trade kiwi and tuck if you have o and get us Rhodes and supposedly the giants like Teo so him or EZ Ansah or some combo of studs..

Teams pulled love kiwi ..some old like tuck over th lack of DES after th 1st round ..I'm not saying we get 1sts at all but if we can package for 2 top players and one oline depth plus help our cap that's a great draft .

Imagine we replace osi/kiwi/tuck with two ppl nd get Rhodes for CB so when cwebbs gone he's ready with our new CB core (prince n Hosley ). Have a lb whose going kid round like sio (lost his last name he's supposta play similar to boley). ..

At worst we tried to o younger and healthier , saved cap room , kept some guys we couldn't and built for the future without really arming the present ..

(If we can get a 2nd and 4th for kiwi that alone replaces him and osi .. Maybe tuck next year )
    Kiwi is our best LB right now. Once Osi leaves he's gonna be desperately needed on the line. I doubt anyone is gonna trade for Tuck in a contract year. They'll just wait.

Factor in all the money we've restructured to the backend of contracts and it makes it VERY difficult to trade for the Giants...that's beyond NFL standards.

vCash
    Giants never trade. Plus something tells me Tuck will be real good next season giving its his contract year. Plus kiwi should be moved back to the line where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Kiwi is our best LB right now. Once Osi leaves he's gonna be desperately needed on the line. I doubt anyone is gonna trade for Tuck in a contract year. They'll just wait.

Factor in all the money we've restructured to the backend of contracts and it makes it VERY difficult to trade for the Giants...that's beyond NFL standards.
    Now there's a great point the cap hits on the back ended contracts could destroy us if handled poorly (which we never do ).

KIWI is our best lb but that's not saying much and some would argue boley.. Our Ds getting old in some places we can fix it quick or slow .

I say quick bc Eli ..he's not getting younger though I don't believe the whole worn down arm thing he isn't 23 , tuck , Webster , some Olinemen , DTS , lbs ..all have been a problem or inconsistent threw his entire time here (though for awhile our oline and dlines were the best in the league ) .. We should rebuild ASAP .

Fill the needs at oline , get the O going again , get a better CB than Webster who went from almost pro bowler(pro bowler to me) to a joke almost ...

CB Sean smith might hit f/a , kiwi can be replaced via draft and osi/tuck as well ..

We could use a battering ram RB for splitting carries incase someone goes down and change of pace plus replace AB eventually.

Look I'm not saying well do it but teams might trade for kiwi like they almost (or supposedly did try) with osi .. We keep tuck for a year and draft a de and lb this year. Pick up a solid CB for cheap and a 3rd pick CB if we can't get a stud early.

Also this draft has some tall players in the secondary I'd love to see on our team if they go late enough.

It's just a thought guys I wouldn't bet on it but we really should shop whoever teams would take from our old crop if we feel well survive with who we have ect ect and get cap relief that we need so badly.

vCash
    KIWI is our best lb but that's not saying much and some would argue boley..
    Boley had his playing time cut over the last few weeks of the season and hardly saw the field. Maybe injury, but rumors say he could be cut.

I say quick bc Eli ..he's not getting younger though I don't believe the whole worn down arm thing he isn't 23 , tuck , Webster , some Olinemen , DTS , lbs ..all have been a problem or inconsistent threw his entire time here (though for awhile our oline and dlines were the best in the league ) .. We should rebuild ASAP .

Fill the needs at oline , get the O going again , get a better CB than Webster who went from almost pro bowler(pro bowler to me) to a joke almost ...

CB Sean smith might hit f/a , kiwi can be replaced via draft and osi/tuck as well ..

We could use a battering ram RB for splitting carries incase someone goes down and change of pace plus replace AB eventually.

Look I'm not saying well do it but teams might trade for kiwi like they almost (or supposedly did try) with osi .. We keep tuck for a year and draft a de and lb this year. Pick up a solid CB for cheap and a 3rd pick CB if we can't get a stud early.

Also this draft has some tall players in the secondary I'd love to see on our team if they go late enough.

It's just a thought guys I wouldn't bet on it but we really should shop whoever teams would take from our old crop if we feel well survive with who we have ect ect and get cap relief that we need so badly.
    Sounds like you want top tier talent at EVERY position. That doesn't happen. Thanks to the cap. We're projected over the cap right now. There's nothing they can do in FA or trades to better this situation. Expect to see more signings like the Locklear, Bennett, Lumpkin, etc. type. Affordable experience while they groom some young guys. That's the mantra and its the only one they can afford right now.

There's no "quick" fix to this. They have plenty of talent; they just need consistency and execution. We all saw the Green Bay and San Fran games this year. We know what the team CAN do when they're at their best. They don't need bodies (other than maybe CB depth); they need a kick in the ***.

vCash
    Boley had his playing time cut over the last few weeks of the season and hardly saw the field. Maybe injury, but rumors say he could be cut.

Sounds like you want top tier talent at EVERY position. That doesn't happen. Thanks to the cap. We're projected over the cap right now. There's nothing they can do in FA or trades to better this situation. Expect to see more signings like the Locklear, Bennett, Lumpkin, etc. type. Affordable experience while they groom some young guys. That's the mantra and its the only one they can afford right now.

There's no "quick" fix to this. They have plenty of talent; they just need consistency and execution. We all saw the Green Bay and San Fran games this year. We know what the team CAN do when they're at their best. They don't need bodies (other than maybe CB depth); they need a kick in the ***.
    Well that's not fair lol..

In all seriousness this O Line must be stronger and and have more depth.. Eli needs time, we all know this and the O Line has to be the priority..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Well that's not fair lol..

In all seriousness this O Line must be stronger and and have more depth.. Eli needs time, we all know this and the O Line has to be the priority..
    L yes and I feel a power back and CB are required depending on what we o with brown/Cruz/Phillips as well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast