Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Post EX-Buck Ray Allen considering retirement

The old saying, “Once a shooter, always a shooter” definitely applies to Ray Allen.

Even at the tender age of 37, Allen remains unequivocally one of the elite shooter in the game. Just check his 3-point shooting percentage this season: It’s .432 — the seventh-best in the league.

Yet, while it appears Allen still has more than fumes in his tank, the Miami Heat reserve guard acknowledges he may be closer to his career finish line than people think.

“I don’t know when I’ll retire,” said Allen, who began his pro career in Milwaukee in 1996 and spent six-plus productive seasons with the Bucks before being dealt to Seattle. “I’d like to get through the year first. I feel great; my body feels good. I just got to get through.

“I’m at a point where I’ve been pretty successful and I’ve gotten to the point where I really understand the game and how to play it.

“But I’m not going to be that guy who just hangs on. At some point, I can let it go.”

Allen, a 10-time All-Star and future Hall of Famer, is being paid $3.09 million this season. He has a player option for next season at $3.2 million.

But Allen said that’s hardly a slam dunk he’ll play beyond this season, that this could indeed be his farewell season.

“It’s possible, yeah,” Allen said. “Who knows what’s going to happen over the course of the summer? I have two years left on my contract. We’ll see how it goes.”

Bogut’s return

Andrew Bogut is coming home.

The former Bucks center is expected to accompany the Golden State Warriors when they play the Bucks for the first and only time this season Saturday night at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.

The Bucks made Bogut the No. 1 overall selection in the 2005 draft and the popular Aussie — who created the highly-energetic and entertaining “Squad 6’’ cheering section — played just more than six seasons with them before being traded to the Warriors last March.

In the deal, the Bucks sent Bogut and Stephen Jackson to the Warriors for Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh and Kwame Brown.

Bogut appeared on the brink of reaching his potential during the 2009—2010 season when he led the Bucks in scoring (15.9 points) and rebounding (10.2) en route to being an all-NBA third-team selection.

But Bogut suffered two significant injuries: He severely damaged his right elbow and wrist after landing awkwardly in a game against Phoenix at the BC in April of 2010 and then severely injured his right ankle that required microfracture surgery last April.

After playing four games this season, the Warriors opted to sit him down to make sure his ankle fully healed. By all accounts, Bogut is close to returning to action and could still play a major role for the Warriors not only this season but for years to come as he is only 28.

Star gazing

While Bucks guards Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis will likely draw consideration for next month’s All-Star Game in Houston, two other Bucks figure to be considered for the weekend activities.

Veteran swingman Mike Dunleavy is a legitimate contestant for the Three-Point Contest and rookie forward John Henson will like be considered for the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge.

Dunleavy has made 60 of 137 attempts from beyond the arc this season — a torrid .438. That is the fifth-best percentage in the league.

Henson has steadily improved this season and is a key contributor for the Bucks off the bench. Henson’s finest hour came against Miami when he scored 17 points and grabbed 18 rebounds.

The Rising Stars Challenge consists of rookies and second-year players. A total of 18 players will be chosen for the event.
    http://journaltimes.com/sports/baske...a4bcf887a.html

vCash
    Wish he was retiring a Milwaukee Buck...
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png