Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bring him in for a tryout JJ

I know he was big fat and lazy but Jamarcus Russell was a big athletic Qb with a cannon for an arm. He might not be the option for us but at one point he was considered a can't miss project. Since he is a low risk high reward player I think we should atleast give him a tryout. Here he has weapons unlike with the Raiders and if his head is back in football he could look like a # 1 pick
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    Saying someone is a cant miss project is like saying you have the best chance to win the lottery. He has no work ethic, a low football I.Q. And much like Vince Young or Tim Tebow he gained a lot of hype because he dominated in college with his strength and legs. But he doesn't translate to the NFL. Maybe give him a shot at Defensive End.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikel816 View Post
    Saying someone is a cant miss project is like saying you have the best chance to win the lottery. He has no work ethic, a low football I.Q. And much like Vince Young or Tim Tebow he gained a lot of hype because he dominated in college with his strength and legs. But he doesn't translate to the NFL. Maybe give him a shot at Defensive End.
    Darn i actually agree, lol with everything but the first sentence. Some prospects have made it and some haven't, but if it's based on the idea that one can predict the outcome then i'd agree.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Russel last season he threw for 28 td's and 8 int's and only rushed for 142 yards. He was a totally different player than Tebow or Young not even close. he was completing nearly 68% of his passes and coming in he had a great release on the ball and true thowing motion, which both Tebow and Young lacked. Russell downfall came when he got that big contract and became complacent. He got his money so he didn't prepare himself as he should because he had everything. Now he doesn't have the money and has nothing so he has to get that fire back

vCash
    Was that a typo because Russell hasn't played since 2009?

"

vCash
    Huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Huh?
    Russel last season
    Russell didn't play last season. Did you mean "Russel's"?

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Russell didn't play last season. Did you mean "Russel's"?
    meant last season at LSU my bad

vCash
    that's what i thought you meant, that's why i asked.

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    Darn i actually agree, lol with everything but the first sentence. Some prospects have made it and some haven't, but if it's based on the idea that one can predict the outcome then i'd agree.
    Haha. I meant if someone's a project it implies he has a lot of work to do to become good so saying he's cant miss is something nobody knows. But there's been cant miss players that turn bust really quick.
    Last edited by mikel816; 01-23-2013 at 02:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Russel last season he threw for 28 td's and 8 int's and only rushed for 142 yards. He was a totally different player than Tebow or Young not even close. he was completing nearly 68% of his passes and coming in he had a great release on the ball and true thowing motion, which both Tebow and Young lacked. Russell downfall came when he got that big contract and became complacent. He got his money so he didn't prepare himself as he should because he had everything. Now he doesn't have the money and has nothing so he has to get that fire back
    IMO college stats mean nothing at the NFL level. Remember Eric Crouch. He doesn't have the drive or mental capability to be an NFL QB. If your only motivation is that you're broke than you'll only work hard enough to get paid and then what. Remember Ricky Williams or any boxer ever, just looking for a pay day isn't enough for me to think he deserves a shot

vCash
    Haha. I meant if someone's a project it implies he has a lot of work to do to become good so saying he's cant miss is something nobody knows. But there's been cant miss players that turn bust really quick.
    very true and the opposite can be said about players who weren't regarded as much and have turned out to be excellent. I think when they say "can't miss" is because the general consensus is the player has developed all the necessary tools to impact the NFL in a positive way. He's basically further ahead in his skill level than others at that moment in time, because the draft is still all about a gamble. No one knows anything for sure, and that's life in general too.

They (Scouts) try to predict to the best of their ability the quality and ability of a prospect, hence the phrase. It's always wise to remember nothing is written in stone, people can fail and people can achieve.

"

vCash
    i dont remember jamarcus being in that "cant miss prospect" catogory. i remember every saying he was that "ton of potential candidate" that wasnt really there, but had a ton of potential.

i remember alot of discussion talking about him being a pretty big gamble.

vCash
    add me in that discussion because i was never high on him.

"

vCash
    yall can add me in there I never said that, and i have stated numerous times that i'm against drafting players from power house college programs. I prefer small D-1 college players especially at QB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast