Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Sign him to a 6 yr extension so that when Marty leaves for a head coaching job after his miracle work with Sanchez we can be ****ed all over again.
    LOL I think his head coaching days are gone he has been the OC to a top 10 offense for years and still only an OC

vCash
    Sorry scope...gotta disagree....Jackson to me is a pure speed guy and IMO not a versatile route runner. Kerley has more route options in his skillet. Kerley should be compared more to Welker.
    I'll disagree with that. Jackson's a nightmare to cover and his YAC is unbelievable.

vCash
    Sorry scope...gotta disagree....Jackson to me is a pure speed guy and IMO not a versatile route runner. Kerley has more route options in his skillet. Kerley should be compared more to Welker.
    Meaning a game changing type of player, and very similar size and speed. I could compare him to Welker as well, but the reason I used Jackson was because he can play a similar type role in this offense.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan10 View Post
    I can argue the McNabb point since Weg was there full force during his prime years and even his last year was in philly was solid then he went to washington and fell flat on his face.

In the article its proven that Vick was a 53% passer in atlanta and a 60+% passer in philly yes he had "talent" but he did it mostly with his legs not his arm.

If he can get Mark to a 60+% passer I say we have our QB let build around him.
    McNabb and Vick both proved they could be quality QBs before Weg, that can not be argued.

Vick didn't need to throw for 60% in Atlanta because he knew how to keep the chains moving with his legs.

In philly he was told to trust the WRs and run less in Wegs' system, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Vick was a quality QB before Weg.

Unlike Vick and McNabb, Sanchez hasn't proven he can CARRY a team with his play.
    The most we can hope from Sanchez is that he becomes good enough to not make costly mistakes, without them the Jets may be somewhat competitive.

So far, Sanchez has not shown that he's capable of it.

vCash
    fine....he can be a nightmare to cover and have YAC, but this doesnt mean he is a good route runner.

He is not crisp, and avoids going over the middle. He is only good on the outside near the sidelines, whether a go route, or a hook, but he does not have nearly the versatility in route running as Kerley or Welker.

Again, he can still make plays, and does, but his route-tree is limited compared to others.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Meaning a game changing type of player, and very similar size and speed. I could compare him to Welker as well, but the reason I used Jackson was because he can play a similar type role in this offense.
    Hey scope I like Jackson too, but he's a notch above Kerley for sure.

Jackson ran a 4.36
    Kerley though quick, is not that fast. He ran a 4.62.

I see Kerley not as the deep threat DJackson is, but more as a 15 yards and under that will drive defenses mad with his quick cuts.

If utilized properly Kerley will be more than adequate as a slot WR.

Holmes should be able to wreck havoc with this offense, and SHill could provide the deep routes if he develops his game this offseason.

But none of this matters if the QB can not make proper reads and deliver the ball accurately.
    Looking at Sanchez.
    Last edited by MrX27; 01-25-2013 at 01:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Hey scope I like Jackson too, but he's a notch above Kerley for sure.

Jackson ran a 4.36
    Kerley though quick, is not that fast. He ran a 4.62.

I see Kerley not as the deep threat DJackson is, but more as a 15 yards and under that will drive defenses mad with his quick cuts.

If utilized properly Kerley will be more than adequate as a slot WR.

Holmes should be able to wreck havoc with this offense, and SHill could provide the deep routes if he develops his game this offseason.

But none of this matters if the QB can not make proper reads and deliver the ball accurately.
    Looking at Sanchez.

I agree, i was just saying that kerley in morning woods offense could become a jackson type of player. And kerley runs a 4.6? On the field he seems so much faster than that.... Total mind blower!

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I agree, i was just saying that kerley in morning woods offense could become a jackson type of player. And kerley runs a 4.6? On the field he seems so much faster than that.... Total mind blower!
    If Kerley was a race horse, I'd say he has a initial burst but fades down the stretch, to describe how he probably ran his 40.

He's not that fast, he just plays that way.

vCash
    McNabb and Vick both proved they could be quality QBs before Weg, that can not be argued.

Vick didn't need to throw for 60% in Atlanta because he knew how to keep the chains moving with his legs.

In philly he was told to trust the WRs and run less in Wegs' system, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Vick was a quality QB before Weg.

Unlike Vick and McNabb, Sanchez hasn't proven he can CARRY a team with his play.
    The most we can hope from Sanchez is that he becomes good enough to not make costly mistakes, without them the Jets may be somewhat competitive.

So far, Sanchez has not shown that he's capable of it.
    Ill just disagree Sanchez showed in his first 2 years when he actually had players around him he went to 2 AFC title games. After that the offense eroded and we spent time and money on the defense at the cost of offensive talent.

My point to it all is that Weg has a great proven track record with his QB's and its not like Mark doesnt have talent he just need the right coaching.

I guess the 34 td's garcia threw as oh wait another backup in relief of an injured McNabb was pure luck?

Please thats the problem the fans turn on everyone rather then support. I bet you booed Brett Farve out of here too saying he was washed up only to leave us and have the best year of his career with the Vikings.

vCash
    Ill just disagree Sanchez showed in his first 2 years when he actually had players around him he went to 2 AFC title games. After that the offense eroded and we spent time and money on the defense at the cost of offensive talent.

My point to it all is that Weg has a great proven track record with his QB's and its not like Mark doesnt have talent he just need the right coaching.

I guess the 34 td's garcia threw as oh wait another backup in relief of an injured McNabb was pure luck?

Please thats the problem the fans turn on everyone rather then support. I bet you booed Brett Farve out of here too saying he was washed up only to leave us and have the best year of his career with the Vikings.
    When did Sanchez CARRY the Jets with his arm?

Sanchez's 1st 2 years here the Jets won with a very good running game and an ELITE defense, never did sanchez have to carry the team.

However when Sanchez was asked to carry the team the Jets have tanked.

Speaking of Garcia, he proved he could play well before he was with Philly as well.

Try coming up with someone that didn't show more than QBing skills than Sanchez before Weg, then talk to me.

vCash

Sanchez's 1st 2 years here the Jets won with a very good running game and an ELITE defense, never did sanchez have to carry the team.

Speaking of Garcia, he proved he could play well before he was with Philly as well.

Try coming up with someone that didn't show more than QBing skills than Sanchez before Weg, then talk to me.
    Kolb and Foles just off the top of my head and to your other point WITHOUT Sanchez's play we dont beat Brady and Manning in the playoffs and if our so call ELITE defense showed up against Big Ben when we needed it we would have beat them too. So you just keep on hating I bet if we landed Manning and he thru that pick he did in overtime but it was for us you would say he is a bum too.

vCash

How easy you forget all the comeback wins he has where he put the game on his shoulder and won it. Colts in the playoffs drove the field to set up the winning FG. The Denver comeback, the Houston comeback, the detroit comeback, the browns ok ok ok ill just stop your right he is a talentless hack with no sign of hope with the right coaching.

vCash
    How easy you forget all the comeback wins he has where he put the game on his shoulder and won it. Colts in the playoffs drove the field to set up the winning FG. The Denver comeback, the Houston comeback, the detroit comeback, the browns ok ok ok ill just stop your right he is a talentless hack with no sign of hope with the right coaching.
    You,mean the Houston comeback where we were stagnant all game and he made two good throws (or was it two good catches?)

And you mean the Detroit game where he hit Holmes on a slant and HOLMES split the defenders and took it 40 yards...

Or how about the Cleveland game, that we lost until Chansi Stuckey ****ed up and stayed in bounds and we recovered the fumble in OT.

I don't think Sanchez ever put the team on his back...but he has managed some (some) good games...most notably against NE and Colts like you mentioned.

EDIT: By the way....that's like 5-6 games IN 4 YEARS....Russell Wilson a 3rd round Rookie has that in one season...Kaepernick a 2nd year 2nd rounder has it in a half season, Matt Ryan blows Sanchez out of water in this category...the list goes on and on....I will say that the overall QB class on '09 is disappointing

How easy you forget he as number 5 overall and the rare exceptions you mentioned should be expected not surprising as all hell. No matter where we are on the field if we throw I am nervous...even on screens
    Last edited by Realistik84; 01-25-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    You,mean the Houston comeback where we were stagnant all game and he made two good throws (or was it two good catches?)

And you mean the Detroit game where he hit Holmes on a slant and HOLMES split the defenders and took it 40 yards...

Or how about the Cleveland game, that we lost until Chansi Stuckey ****ed up and stayed in bounds and we recovered the fumble in OT.

I don't think Sanchez ever put the team on his back...but he has managed some (some) good games...most notably against NE and Colts like you mentioned.

EDIT: By the way....that's like 5-6 games IN 4 YEARS....Russell Wilson a 3rd round Rookie has that in one season...Kaepernick a 2nd year 2nd rounder has it in a half season, Matt Ryan blows Sanchez out of water in this category...the list goes on and on....I will say that the overall QB class on '09 is disappointing

How easy you forget he as number 5 overall and the rare exceptions you mentioned should be expected not surprising as all hell. No matter where we are on the field if we throw I am nervous...even on screens
    you are all haters its a wonder why anyone would want to play for us like i said you would boo Payton manning if he thru that pick for our team.

vCash
    fine....he can be a nightmare to cover and have YAC, but this doesnt mean he is a good route runner.

He is not crisp, and avoids going over the middle. He is only good on the outside near the sidelines, whether a go route, or a hook, but he does not have nearly the versatility in route running as Kerley or Welker.

Again, he can still make plays, and does, but his route-tree is limited compared to others.
    So what? That's not needed in this offense. He can take any screen or crossing pattern to the house. No one on this roster can do that. I'd take him in a second.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast