Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    I agree with Realistik. I think Holmes and Kerley will excel in this system. And I'm hoping the Mornhinweg can be big impact on whoever our starting QB is next season. Whether it's Sanchez, Flynn, Tavaris Jackson, or whoever I think Mornhinweg will get the most of of them.

I would also like to see McKnight be able to utilize his explosiveness more often out of the backfield.
    I agree with both of you. Kerley is better suited as a slot receiver, and could become a beast in this system. Holmes will also benefit because he's an excellent route runner.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I agree with both of you. Kerley is better suited as a slot receiver, and could become a beast in this system. Holmes will also benefit because he's an excellent route runner.
    I Agree, Kerley can really shine in this type of offense with his speed and quickness. Kind of reminds me of a Desean Jackson type of player.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    It doesn't matter how good Mark is is unless we get him some receivers with catching abilities. Last year I bashed Mark a lot, but recently I felt bad because omg look at this offense he had to work with. Just terrible he was set up to fail.

vCash
    I can't wait to see Stephen Hill playing the DeSean Jackson role in this offense. Running go routes basically every play. I felt like last year the Jets tried too hard to turn Hill into a conventional wide receiver when they should have been using his excellent speed as a deep threat.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    I can't wait to see Stephen Hill playing the DeSean Jackson role in this offense. Running go routes basically every play. I felt like last year the Jets tried too hard to turn Hill into a conventional wide receiver when they should have been using his excellent speed as a deep threat.
    He and Schilens both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    He and Schilens both.
    I don't see Schillens as a fit. Is he signed for 2013?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Nice article liked what I read. I Totally think this system will do mark well. For all the people that say other wise I only have one question. Why has every backup QB in Philly made headlines over the past years as potential franchise players?

There has never been a QB problem in Philly since the Weg was OC and we have seen what they do when they leave and go to other teams. Mcnabb, Kolb, and probably this year Vick. Oh wait is that another backup makeing headlines with Foles?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan10 View Post
    Nice article liked what I read. I Totally think this system will do mark well. For all the people that say other wise I only have one question. Why has every backup QB in Philly made headlines over the past years as potential franchise players?

There has never been a QB problem in Philly since the Weg was OC and we have seen what they do when they leave and go to other teams. Mcnabb, Kolb, and probably this year Vick. Oh wait is that another backup makeing headlines with Foles?
    Well played sir.

Hypothetical here though. Sanshez throws for 3800 yards with 24 tds and 17 intos and say 5 fumbles. We win 11 games. What do you do at the QB position next season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan10 View Post

McNabb and Vick had QB skills before Weg was present, Sanchez doesn't compare to them when it comes to being a QB.

vCash
    Just a couple of thoughts (oh no...not again).

I concur with the consensus opinion (or, so it seems) that J. Kerley and S. Holmes will do well with the earweg's (Mornhinweg) west coast offense (WCO). I truly hope Stephen Hill can become that big fast clutch WR we've always dreamed of, but that is no sure thing. Chaz Schilens was signed to a 1 year deal (last year), and I hoped he would contribute more. Jordan White? I hope he can become that clutch guy - the guy that's always open, and makes the catch for a 1st down, but that's a bit of a reach at this point (a big reach).

Joe McKnight SEEMS like he would be great in this offense - quick, fast, and can catch the ball - but he scares me because of what appears to be more of a lack of commitment, than just being plain stupid. He seems to have grown up - finally, and maybe, just maybe he could be a break out player, although break-out players tend to break out in the 1st, or 2nd year; he will be entering his 4th, and if he's going to do it - he better do it NOW!

Some one said Dustin Keller is "so slow." While 'm not convinced we're going to be able to resign him, or if he even wants to remain a Jet, but the dude isn't slow. He ran a 4.55 40, and has a vertical jump of 38". Jimmy Graham runs a 4.56 40, although out-leaps Keller by 1/2 an inch (38.5"). I think he might be a good guy to franchise, as the Franchise tag for a TE - which is reported to be $5.962 million for 2013 - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-cap-near-121m

He is never going to be Tony Gonzalez, or Jimmy Graham - he is still a good pass catching TE, and it might be a good idea to tag him this year, and see how he does, and then decide for 2014.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Well played sir.

Hypothetical here though. Sanshez throws for 3800 yards with 24 tds and 17 intos and say 5 fumbles. We win 11 games. What do you do at the QB position next season?
    If Sanchez shows he is finally moving in the right direction I think we have a 26 year old QB and finally a proven system with a OC that has been doing it for a decade and lets start finally building something REAL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    McNabb and Vick had QB skills before Weg was present, Sanchez doesn't compare to them when it comes to being a QB.
    I can argue the McNabb point since Weg was there full force during his prime years and even his last year was in philly was solid then he went to washington and fell flat on his face.

In the article its proven that Vick was a 53% passer in atlanta and a 60+% passer in philly yes he had "talent" but he did it mostly with his legs not his arm.

If he can get Mark to a 60+% passer I say we have our QB let build around him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I Agree, Kerley can really shine in this type of offense with his speed and quickness. Kind of reminds me of a Desean Jackson type of player.
    Sorry scope...gotta disagree....Jackson to me is a pure speed guy and IMO not a versatile route runner. Kerley has more route options in his skillet. Kerley should be compared more to Welker.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Well played sir.

Sign him to a 6 yr extension so that when Marty leaves for a head coaching job after his miracle work with Sanchez we can be ****ed all over again.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    Just a couple of thoughts (oh no...not again).

I concur with the consensus opinion (or, so it seems) that J. Kerley and S. Holmes will do well with the earweg's (Mornhinweg) west coast offense (WCO). I truly hope Stephen Hill can become that big fast clutch WR we've always dreamed of, but that is no sure thing. Chaz Schilens was signed to a 1 year deal (last year), and I hoped he would contribute more. Jordan White? I hope he can become that clutch guy - the guy that's always open, and makes the catch for a 1st down, but that's a bit of a reach at this point (a big reach).

Joe McKnight SEEMS like he would be great in this offense - quick, fast, and can catch the ball - but he scares me because of what appears to be more of a lack of commitment, than just being plain stupid. He seems to have grown up - finally, and maybe, just maybe he could be a break out player, although break-out players tend to break out in the 1st, or 2nd year; he will be entering his 4th, and if he's going to do it - he better do it NOW!

Some one said Dustin Keller is "so slow." While 'm not convinced we're going to be able to resign him, or if he even wants to remain a Jet, but the dude isn't slow. He ran a 4.55 40, and has a vertical jump of 38". Jimmy Graham runs a 4.56 40, although out-leaps Keller by 1/2 an inch (38.5"). I think he might be a good guy to franchise, as the Franchise tag for a TE - which is reported to be $5.962 million for 2013 - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-cap-near-121m

He is never going to be Tony Gonzalez, or Jimmy Graham - he is still a good pass catching TE, and it might be a good idea to tag him this year, and see how he does, and then decide for 2014.

GO JETS!!!
    I said he was slow...and I stand by it. Those numbers are 5 years ago. I think he lost a step over the years...maybe due to injury but he doesn't have the breakaway speed I feel he used to.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast