Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKobeBryant View Post
    Lakers isn't a franchise that drafts and develop players.
    Well it needs to be...because the NBA is changing and the Lakers are maxxed out with bloated salaries of aged players on the backside of their career.

I think it is absurd to assume the Lakers can continue to just trade for the next hot free agent, pay whatever it costs in luxury taxes, and expect everything to fall into place. Those days are over, the bill is due, and the road forward is bleak because no transition to the next dynasty roster was made.

The Lakers are losing out on drafting their own Kyrie Irving, Chris Paul, etc...because they keep trading away their picks for expensive players that made their name elsewhere. Just not an efficient way to win anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mOrphosis View Post
    Well it needs to be...because the NBA is changing and the Lakers are maxxed out with bloated salaries of aged players on the backside of their career.

I think it is absurd to assume the Lakers can continue to just trade for the next hot free agent, pay whatever it costs in luxury taxes, and expect everything to fall into place. Those days are over, the bill is due, and the road forward is bleak because no transition to the next dynasty roster was made.

The Lakers are losing out on drafting their own Kyrie Irving, Chris Paul, etc...because they keep trading away their picks for expensive players that made their name elsewhere. Just not an efficient way to win anymore.
    Irving... Paul??? how the **** are suppose to get guys like that drafting around 25-30? And if you are talking about this years draft... there is pretty much no one to draft after the top 3...

Again, it would take the Lakers receiving a ping pong miracle to ever draft in the top 1-3 position...

as for your contention that teams are now built through the draft.... don't think so... look at the last 5 NBA champions... none was built through the draft... does OKC have a chance... maybe ... but not without adding a piece through a trade at the deadline ... they are like a mid 2000s Dallas... awesome to watch during the regular season but will wilt when the post season arrives because of more intense Defense and lack of a offensive post presence...

say what you want but the Lakers aren't EVER gonna build through the draft

vCash
    I cant remember the last franchise that really was successful enought to win a championship through the draft.. I guess San Antonio would be one, if the thunder do it this year then they will be another but I think most teams that win big are those that trade for great players (miami, Lakers, boston)

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I cant remember the last franchise that really was successful enought to win a championship through the draft.. I guess San Antonio would be one, if the thunder do it this year then they will be another but I think most teams that win big are those that trade for great players (miami, Lakers, boston)

Also, if you think about it who did SA really "develop" while on their roster... most of the key guys were 4 year college guys or developed overseas...

in todays NBA enviroment the lottery picks are primarily one or two year guys with "TONS OF POTENTIAL" which makes it more difficult to integrate into a winning team where they need minutes to develop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12