Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Maurer is pretty underrated, IMO. look at his second half numbers. If he can replicate those and continue to improve, we could be looking at a solid 2/3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    ^Maurer was there too. That was a dirty rotation
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. Quad attack from the mound!

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    The Mariners have reportedly tried to start contract talks with Felix Hernandez but there are no serious talks taking place at the moment, sources familiar with the situation tell Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com. Furthermore, if Seattle is in fact interested in a four-year extension, that's not likely to kick-start talks with the star hurler as Heyman hears he seeks a six-year deal instead.

As it stands, Hernandez is under contract with the M's for $39.5MM through the 2014 season. However, there hasn't been an exchange of offers on a new deal yet or any traction to speak of, sources with knowledge of the situation tell Heyman.

The 26-year-old knows that he has a chance become the highest-paid pitcher in the game when his current contract runs out. If he were to agree to a $100MM, four-year extension now, he'd be guaranteed fewer guaranteed dollars than Cole Hamels and Zack Greinke over the next six years. Those elite pitchers signed contracts at that length for $144MM and $147MM, respectively.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...Tf52KTApPgl.99
    Not liking the sound of this.

vCash
    Just ****ing give him six years.

vCash
    5/135.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Felix is actually pretty smart to wait it out sure he may risk a arm injury but in FA he may be the first 200M pitcher.

vCash
    Maybe I'm senile, but I see no way he doesn't sign an extension at some time. I think he relishes the idea of being the veteran as these guys all start showing up to fill out the rotation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seasun62 View Post
    Maybe I'm senile, but I see no way he doesn't sign an extension at some time. I think he relishes the idea of being the veteran as these guys all start showing up to fill out the rotation.
    Nah not senile i think we all hope he signs an extension but there is still a possibility that he leaves going to be one of the best pitchers hitting the market in two seasons.

vCash
    My worry is he gets tired of losing.

vCash
    Give the man 10 years.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MattColby View Post
    This.

This is the only reason he leaves, because I think he knows we'll pay him handsomely to stay. I don't think he's going to be the next A$$Rod that leaves because he wants to be the highest paid pitcher ever, but rather because he simply doesn't believe we are going to be a contender while he's here. Now that can change in a year, and hopefully it does (if we don't ink him to an extension this off-season).

Frankly, I'm ok with giving him the six years he wants. Yes, the lower overall velocity brings some questions to be answered... is it a sign of bad things to come, or will it actually mean he can pitch longer (in his career) without a major injury because of less stress on his arm? One more year could answer the first, and instill confidence in the second.

The other thing... this is how negotiations go. We say four, you say six, and we dance until we meet in the middle... somehow, somewhere... so I'm not gonna get bent out of shape until there's a real reason too. I'm gonna maintain faith that Felix does want to stay here, that we will pay him enough, and that ultimately he's not gonna be the next greedy ARod who is only looking for the biggest check he can get. If its only logic in his head, then yeah, biggest check wins... but if he also reasons with his emotions, he may just want to stay here and retire here, so long as we respect him and pay him good enough.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    which is why i was wanting to go all in for hamilton, or do whatever to be competitive now. we are in a really bad spot with him. felix gave us a break on the last contract and has been clear that he loves the city, ballpark, fans, and doesnt want to move but for how bad we are and have been it doesnt surprise me his tune is different this time around. if we were a playoff caliber team as was the plan by now, we could get another club friendly deal done right now im sure of it, but hes going to make us make him the highest pd pitcher ever. i hate the idea of giving any pitcher 6 years, its stupid.

vCash
    I never really had a problem with A-Rod taking the most money what made me not like his exit was that he lied to us.

I won't blame Felix at all if he leaves and takes the most money as long as he doesn't string us a long.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 01-27-2013 at 01:48 PM.

vCash
    I think if there's even a thought that he won't reup we've gotta trade him and get the most we can. We can't afford to lose a player of his caliber to the FA market.

vCash
    I think if there's even a thought that he won't reup we've gotta trade him and get the most we can. We can't afford to lose a player of his caliber to the FA market.
    Agreed, They should be doing everything in there power to sign him now if he gives any kind of sign that he won't sign an extension before FA probably better to deal him at the deadline.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast