Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Keep in mind Felix did say in the beginning of the season that his mechanics looked like crap on film, and after that he was..... fine. Biggest understatement ever
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    i dont know how he does it but keep in mind felix throws the change up nearly as fast as his FB... nobody throws the OK changeup in the high 80s and he cracks 90 at times.... it might be holds back arm speed on his FB to save the arm bc he knows he can, and its the movement/command that gets outs. a true master of his craft.

the last pitch he threw in his PG it clocked 93 breaking from the left corner of the plate to the right(circle change).... all things combined that might be the most incredible pitch ever..... i think im gonna have to watch a replay of that game soon to hold me over.
    Wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    That average mph is where he was sitting on fangraphs when we were showing concern... it didn't really go up any, if at all.

That's the one reason I still think he's fine, but I wanna see another year of it before I ink a six year deal for a SP...
    felix is no regular SP, the homer in me so bad wants to lock him up forever, considering his age and what hes accomplished he might he might end up being the best SP of the era and i want that to myself.

however, the shrewd i want to win side is different, im sprung on pat gillick philosophy. he won b2b ships w/ the jays, a WS w/ phillies, and built the ms 116 win team. never did he care to invest in a cy young caliber SP, he never went more than 3yrs on a SP and his last 10yrs or so he never budged on that, it was always a deep compilation of SPs trying to prove themselves blended w/ wily vets hanging on, and investing in MOTO and leadoff guys.

toronto
    juan guzman
    pat hentgen
    stottylmeyer
    dave stewart
    jack morris
    al leiter

ms
    freddy
    sele
    moyer
    halama
    abbot

philly
    brett meyers
    hamels
    moyer
    kendrick
    blanton

if gillick led this team, right now, he'd prolly deal felix. GMZ is soooo the oppo of stand pat gillick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    felix is no regular SP, the homer in me so bad wants to lock him up forever, considering his age and what hes accomplished he might he might end up being the best SP of the era and i want that to myself.

however, the shrewd i want to win side is different, im sprung on pat gillick philosophy. he won b2b ships w/ the jays, a WS w/ phillies, and built the ms 116 win team. never did he care to invest in a cy young caliber SP, he never went more than 3yrs on a SP and his last 10yrs or so he never budged on that, it was always a deep compilation of SPs trying to prove themselves blended w/ wily vets hanging on, and investing in MOTO and leadoff guys.

toronto
    juan guzman
    pat hentgen
    stottylmeyer
    dave stewart
    jack morris
    al leiter

ms
    freddy
    sele
    moyer
    halama
    abbot

philly
    brett meyers
    hamels
    moyer
    kendrick
    blanton

if gillick led this team, right now, he'd prolly deal felix. GMZ is soooo the oppo of stand pat gillick.

Yea i am also scared of giving a pitcher a huge contract but Felix is different he is the face of this franchise and i could see him having a long career as long as he doesn't get injured.

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of trading him if he says he won't sign an extension and we can fleece somebody though.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 02-02-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Just about that action boss.

vCash

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Hell ****ing yes.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678