Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    8/200 is only 25 a year. A little too long maybe, but the per year isn't too high
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    8/200 is only 25 a year. A little too long maybe, but the per year isn't too high
    I am kind of skeptical that our ownership will hand out a huge deal like that though maybe Felix is different because he is the face of the franchise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    i cant remember that ever happening in baseball and it doesnt make sense for the team he is being traded to. breaking the bank for an ext at the same time agreeing to trade away more players.

if this year we have a really promising season, and or felix has an off or injury plagued season we will have greater leverage to keep the ext at 3-5 yrs. big iffs.
    We may also have reason to move on if he shows signs of wear or fatigue, especially at his age. Not many starting pitchers have started their careers even nearly as young and maintained too far into their 30's... however he does have a durable frame, or at least it seems to be, and no major injuries in his past to take caution from. I would be happy locking him up until he's 34-35...

Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    I am kind of skeptical that our ownership will hand out a huge deal like that though maybe Felix is different because he is the face of the franchise.
    I think they're skeptical to go too far this off-season, just because some question marks were raised. Hell, because of the question marks I could see him settle for a four or five year extension, just because its a safety net. But if he's fine this next year, and maintains his dominant self, I wouldn't flinch at giving him that six year extension on top of the one remaining.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    yea i agree.

i dont see a team doing what bosox did w/ agon, that was an isolated scenario as far as i know of a s&t in baseball, in hindsight, it didnt work out well for boston. felix is going to be extended w/ us, or hit the market and get his. if Ms deal at any time we will get great talent, the sooner the better tho. no way a s&t, im willing to bet.
    RA Dickey this year. You get a idea or a list of teams and you make the calls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    We may also have reason to move on if he shows signs of wear or fatigue, especially at his age. Not many starting pitchers have started their careers even nearly as young and maintained too far into their 30's... however he does have a durable frame, or at least it seems to be, and no major injuries in his past to take caution from. I would be happy locking him up until he's 34-35...

I think they're skeptical to go too far this off-season, just because some question marks were raised. Hell, because of the question marks I could see him settle for a four or five year extension, just because its a safety net. But if he's fine this next year, and maintains his dominant self, I wouldn't flinch at giving him that six year extension on top of the one remaining.
    No i just don't think they are prepared to pay Felix what he wants they really haven't payed out a huge contract for quite some time now.

I don't really see why Felix has to settle for a 4-5 year extension he has been healthy his whole career plus he just got 80M+ its worth the risk for him to wait if he wants to get payed.

I mean Felix is going to be like when A-Rod hit FA every big time team is going to be lining up to sign him Texas,Yankees,Boston maybe even Angels and Dodgers with there recent TV Deals.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 01-29-2013 at 03:29 PM.

vCash
    No i just don't think they are prepared to pay Felix what he wants they really haven't payed out a huge contract for quite some time now.

I don't really see why Felix has to settle for a 4-5 year extension he has been healthy his whole career plus he just got 80M+ its worth the risk for him to wait if he wants to get payed.

I mean Felix is going to be like when A-Rod hit FA every big time team is going to be lining up to sign him Texas,Yankees,Boston maybe even Angels and Dodgers with there recent TV Deals.
    Exactly why you pay him what he wants to keep him as far away from those clubs as possible.

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan8585 View Post
    Exactly why you pay him what he wants to keep him as far away from those clubs as possible.
    Thats why i said if he says he won't resign.

vCash
    I don't think he'll ever give an ultimatum or say he's not re-upping with us.

I have zero reservations about giving him another six years. Sure, pitchers get hurt. But, you have guys who pitch well into their forties. Lots of these guys are hall of fame caliber guys and I think Felix is one of them.
    Last edited by Ian.; 01-30-2013 at 07:24 PM.

vCash
    I wouldn't flinch at 6+ years.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    I wouldn't flinch at 6+ years.

Lets just hope the FO feels the same way!

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I don't think he'll ever give an ultimatum or say he's not re-upping with us.

I have zero reservations about giving him another six years. Sure, pitchers get hurt. But, you have guys who pitch well into their forties. Lots of these guys are hall of fame caliber guys and I think Felix is one of them.
    Supposedly he (agent) wants 6 additional aka 8 total.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Still don't have a problem. 6 years 150 and we still get him cheap for the next two years. Sounds too good to be true. ****ing get it in writing front office. What the ****?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I still would give it to him he will be 34 years old when the whole contract would run out he really has shown nothing to be concerned about.

Sure he had a dip in velocity at the start of the season but he got it back and usually power arms don't throw there hardest at the start of the season takes them a bit.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 01-30-2013 at 08:47 PM.

vCash
    6/160, all day.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    I still would give it to him he will be 34 years old when the whole contract would run out he really has shown nothing to be concerned about.

Sure he had a dip in velocity at the start of the season but he got it back and usually power arms don't throw there hardest at the start of the season takes them a bit.
    News to me.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast