Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

M's Discussing Contract Extension With Felix

The Mariners continue discussing an extension with Felix Hernandez, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. The sides aren’t close to a deal, and are now “dancing.” However, Seattle is at least considering a four-year, $100MM offer, according to Rosenthal. It’s not clear if the Mariners have offered a nine-figure deal to Hernandez, whose current contract expires at the end of the 2014 season. The 26-year-old Octagon client would presumably want a longer commitment, as Rosenthal points out. Here are more of Rosenthal’s notes from around MLB...
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/seattl...jWj5m7SThw6.99
    If he doesn't sign one this season i have a feeling that he is traded next Off Season.

vCash
    Felix shall never be traded.

vCash
    4/100 is cool with me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Felix shall never be traded.
    I would love nothing more then to keep Felix but if he gives off the vibes that he won't sign an extension we have to try to get somebody's farm system for him.

vCash
    i hope he does hit free agency, i am totally fine with him resigning with the M's, but his draft class is set to be one of the best ever that's why i don't want to see any extensions.

this is what the class looks like. offensively there is Hanley, Headley, Pablo, Yunel Escobar, Elvis Andrus, Markakis, Rasumus. For pitching there is Verlander/Kershaw/Felix at the top of the class then it gets to good pitchers like Guillardo, Scherzer, Shilds, Lester, Masterson, then some decent veteran's like halladay, beckett, santana, it's a really good class.
    Last edited by ciaban; 01-23-2013 at 04:19 AM.

vCash
    6 years 150 million with bonus insentives for cy young awards and all star appearance and all that ****. Get it done!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    i hope he does hit free agency, i am totally fine with him resigning with the M's, but his draft class is set to be one of the best ever that's why i don't want to see any extensions.

this is what the class looks like. offensively there is Hanley, Headley, Pablo, Yunel Escobar, Elvis Andrus, Markakis, Rasumus. For pitching there is Verlander/Kershaw/Felix at the top of the class then it gets to good pitchers like Guillardo, Scherzer, Shilds, Lester, Masterson, then some decent veteran's like halladay, beckett, santana, it's a really good class.
    Draft class?

vCash
    Draft class?
    lol, my thoughts exactly.

Personally, Felix is one of the Mariners Legends that I want to retire here.... start here, always play here, retire here. But given some of the question marks that arose this last year, albeit followed by more dominance, I'm ok with waiting until this next season is over before we really push for an extension. But starting the discussion now, it at least lets Felix know we intend to keep him around if we can. And I believe his words when he says he wants to always be a Mariner, so he'll have to sign an extension before the 2014 season starts, otherwise he's almost asking to be traded.
    Last edited by CamraMaan; 01-23-2013 at 06:17 AM.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

vCash
    Draft class?
    He meant FA class.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CamraMaan View Post
    lol, my thoughts exactly.

Personally, Felix is one of the Mariners Legends that I want to retire here.... start here, always play here, retire here. But given some of the question marks that arose this last year, albeit followed by more dominance, I'm ok with waiting until this next season is over before we really push for an extension. But starting the discussion now, it at least lets Felix know we intend to keep him around if we can. And I believe his words when he says he wants to always be a Mariner, so he'll have to sign an extension before the 2014 season starts, otherwise he's almost asking to be traded.
    You know i don't share the same sentimentality that most fans do, i don't care if a player spends their whole career with my favorite team, i just want guys through their primes, and anything after that doesn't really matter to me, i mean Matt Kemp is signed through age 34 season, that's perfect, because he will go into decline after that, if he isn't blocking someone else and comes on the cheap then cool, if not, then let him walk, him staying with the dodgers forever wont make me love him any more or less, or wont make him anymore important in dodger lore.

vCash
    Draft class?
    Using simple problem solving its pretty easy to recognize he meant FA class

vCash
    ^That.

Good job of not nitpicking and pointing out unnecessary stuff Brodie.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post

Why in the world would you let your #1 Ace one of the best pitchers in the game leave?? We need him to make a run.

Now i understand the numbers say that he doesn't really bring a big increase of fans to the game but they will lose the ones who do go for Felix.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Why in the world would you let your #1 Ace one of the best pitchers in the game leave?? We need him to make a run.

Now i understand the numbers say that he doesn't really bring a big increase of fans to the game but they will lose the ones who do go for Felix.
    I just want to see an amazing free agent class, he can resign with Seattle for all i care.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Using simple problem solving its pretty easy to recognize he meant FA class
    yeah i was really surprised at the confusion over it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast