Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysCanes View Post
    If they cut ratliff before June 1st they get 5 mil in space look it up at 18 that's when u get to borderline 1st/2nd round talent if their isn't someone high on their draft board I guarantee jj will trade back for an extra pick or picks in the 2nd an 3rd round and I would go after the de from cincy in free agency if Spencer isn't resigned I can't remember his name Johnson I think he's 6'7 like 250 and plays like jpp he had 9.5 sacks this year and he's a lot faster then Spencer I would try to trade free for a 4th or 5th rounders so he doesn't hit the cap for us and def restructure Austin,scandrick,and romo's contracts
    Michael Johnson. Early indications are that he's likely to re-sign with them. Absolutely no chance a team will trade for Free. We could offer Free for a Hershey chocolate bar and I'm sure that will still be rejected. Trading Free is basically winning a lottery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    What would you do if this situation occured:
    Vollmer, Long, and Levitre all hit free agency.

A. Sign a Tackle in Free Agency (which one) & draft a guard
    B. Sign Levitre & draft a RT.

Remember to consider what you'd do with Smith, would he stay at Left or move back to Right.
    I go with "A" as I want someone with somse experience at Tackle; then you draft the best OG in the first round, move free inside (because unless we cut him, I don't want him at tackle, so let's get some value for him on the OL) and let all of the guys in the middle compete for the two guard and center spots...the decision on Smith depends on the FA OT. if you hire a stud out there at LT, then I am OK with moving Smith back to RT, but my preference is to not move him...let him get acclimated more to the LT position

vCash
    Restructure/cut players/contracts. Then try and sign Jake Long to a two or three year deal. Then in the drafts first round go after the best available DL. Second round either best safety or DL again. Third round take Kyle Long(or switch the second and third depending on how he tests out at the combine and is predicted to go). That would upgrade us plenty there. The rest of the draft we could use for depth.
    Last edited by warrior63; 02-02-2013 at 03:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysCanes View Post
    If they cut ratliff before June 1st they get 5 mil in space look it up at 18 that's when u get to borderline 1st/2nd round talent if their isn't someone high on their draft board I guarantee jj will trade back for an extra pick or picks in the 2nd an 3rd round and I would go after the de from cincy in free agency if Spencer isn't resigned I can't remember his name Johnson I think he's 6'7 like 250 and plays like jpp he had 9.5 sacks this year and he's a lot faster then Spencer I would try to trade free for a 4th or 5th rounders so he doesn't hit the cap for us and def restructure Austin,scandrick,and romo's contracts
    i believe it is if we cut him AFTER june 1 we save 5 million this ear but get hit with 4 million in 2014. If we cut him before june 1 its only a savings of 1 million

vCash
    I say that we don't cut him at all....we need him as a DT in our line...sure, he made a huge mistake, but others have done worse and been employed...hecl, the Bengals roster is fraught with guys like that...

vCash
    It's a shame we can't be players this year in Free Agency

I see so many FS OL and DL...exactly what we need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I say that we don't cut him at all....we need him as a DT in our line...sure, he made a huge mistake, but others have done worse and been employed...hecl, the Bengals roster is fraught with guys like that...
    i dont think we want to model ourselves after the bengals.

but lets throw out the dui.

before that ever happened, he was a prime canidate to be cut. He is 32, he is getting alot of nagging injuries, and his salary, I believe, is increasing? Just not for cap savings this year, but next.

Do we cut him? IDK. but i wouldnt be shocked if we did, BEFORE the dui. now im a little more for it, but, will see. Im not the gm

vCash
    Titus Young was released today by Detroit. Would love for us to pick him up as our 3rd WR and kick returner.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    ^I think Dwayne Harris will be our 3rd WR/KR. He was 2nd in the league in PR avg. Maybe we should be thinking about a 2nd WR to replace Austin but niether Harris or Young are ready for that. If we can't find 1 then stick with what we have.

vCash
    I think Young could step in and be an upgrade to our WRs, but I don't think we have the leaders and structure in place to keep him in line. Seems like this guy would flip out when more balls are going to Witten, Dez, and Miles(if he is actually in the field). I do think Young has a lot of talent and could become a deep threat that we need, but I doubt Se bring him in due to his off field issues that even made it on the field when he lined up in the wrong positions on purpose.

I wouldn't mind if we took a look at Jacoby Jones if he can be had cheap enough. He was making roughly three mil a year in Baltimore. He is a similar player to Titus Young.

I really think Harris and Beasely have a lot of potential though and would like to see then get the opportunity to prove themselves. Harris made a strong case for himself as the season went on. If anything I think we need to go after a big target WR. If we use him correctly our athletic second year TE Hanna could develop into that big target. Similar to the Patriots offense with Hernandez, we would have Hanna play that role, with Beasely/Harris/Austin filling the Welker role, with the addition of a great WR Dez, on the outside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Titus Young was released today by Detroit. Would love for us to pick him up as our 3rd WR and kick returner.
    Oh my....

heavens to betsy no.

this guy, was pissed, mad and everything inbetween because he wasnt getting the ball more the calvin freakin johnson. he honestly thought he was better then calvin, and wanted to be higher up in the lineup then him.

he purposely lined up wrong, and ran the wrong plays trying to sabotage his team.

if he complained, and wouldnt take being second to calvin freakin johnson, what in the name of all things makes you think he would settle to being number 3 behind austin and dez?????

vCash
    how about we find a way to trade miles to the jets and then go after victor cruz?
    reports say that the giants are making it more of a priority to extend nicks then they are to resign cruz.
    make your own team younger and better and weaken your rivals.

btw: i don't exactly consider the WR position a position of weakness for the cowboys and i can't wait to see coale get onto the field, but one can dream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corked Bat View Post
    how about we find a way to trade miles to the jets and then go after victor cruz?
    reports say that the giants are making it more of a priority to extend nicks then they are to resign cruz.
    make your own team younger and better and weaken your rivals.

btw: i don't exactly consider the WR position a position of weakness for the cowboys and i can't wait to see coale get onto the field, but one can dream.
    While that would be awesome to have Cruz on our squad he wants top dollar and while he is good, I don't think he gets that, especially on our squad.

I like your idea and would be all for trading Austin to the Jets. I think we could then go after a solid but not great player like Jacoby Jones(assuming he's released), plus an additional OL or DL player in FA(I assume we'll go after an OL or DL player in FA). While I would like a big target I think Harris and/or Beasely are set to step up, so I am not sure it is worth it to go after some players that may be available like Wallace or Harvin. We could use whatever picks we get from the Jets to go towards a WR, depth or trading up in the draft. I really don't think Austin nets much in the draft though.
    Last edited by baazinakon; 02-05-2013 at 12:47 PM.

vCash
    I wish someone like Donald Driver would come over, I know he's retiring but someone like him. They would be reliable and be a leader.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddhulett View Post
    I wish someone like Donald Driver would come over, I know he's retiring but someone like him. They would be reliable and be a leader.
    I was thinking that too. I would love to have Anquan Boldin if he is cut, buthe would be too expensive. An offensive leader who has been to a SB would be great for the Cowboys' offense.

How much money is Greg Jennings looking for? If we got rid of Austin and got Jennings I would be very happy too. Like I said I don't think we should spend too much on WRs though.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast