Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Personally I hope JJ and company are trying to have our OL look like : Smith, Warmack/Cooper, Costa/Cook/Berny, Livings/Berny/Free, and Vollmer/Parnell. This lineup provides options and/or depth. I know some of you guys aren't high on Berny, understandably so, but I think he played pretty well when he filled in at center and could be a good depth player. Free obviously needs to be cut if unwilling to take a significant pay cut. We can't forget about Leary, our undrafted guy with knee problems who is supposed to have a lot of potential, although maybe only a short term solution.

With our first round pick going to Warmack/Cooper, I would love to go after a NT in the second unless there is a hell of an OL player left. I'll be honest that I am not too familiar with the defensive players that should be around when we pick in the second. If we get a NT we can let Spencer walk, sign Osi and move Ratliff over if he is kept. Remember we got Crawford last year who the coaches are high on and he apparently fits Kiffin's system well.

Not signing Spencer saves a lot of money and may allow us to go after Vollmer and possibly Reggie Bush. He is a free agent, but who knows if he will be franchise tagged or how much money he will be looking to get. I think Blount, the Buccaneers' backup RB is a FA as well, and he would be an improvement as a back-up to Murray.

If no RB is acquired in FA, we need to take a RB or S, maybe a WR if the player is really good/talented in the third round of the draft.

RB/S (whichever we don't get in the third) or WR in the fourth

vCash
    it really depends.. i know we all have the "big names" on our minds, but what do the scouts say? maybe they are eyeing a couple lineman in the draft, they feel like could be huge steals, in the mid rounds?

i think arkin can still develop into a solid player. i like the work ethic of our lineman, for the most part. i know alot of people arent sold on livings and bern. but both players, a huge reason for there signing, was there size, and work ethic. both started training camp hurt.

i would hope, just from and experience stand point, and having a offseason to train, they might be better.

free should be cut. immediatly. he is crap.

defensive line wise, i think spears might also be cut.

so we have ware, hatcher, has somewhat proven players. crawford, i really like. i heard great things about him in training camp last year, huge motor guy. i think he will get the nod at the other de position. (sometimes, you got to see what you got. you cant sign a huge free agent on every position.)

so, what do we do.....

i would like to sign a RT, and G in free agency. a pretty good Rt, and maybe just a solid guard. vollmer would be nice, but i cant help but think his price will sky rocket.. maybe not. levitre would be great to.

we always have alot of injuries on the line. so i think we keep bern, livings. regardless if we sign levitre.

has for has defense, i dont think we need a huge name again. some good role players. Be nice to have a really nice rotation of defensive lineman. hatcher, lissemore, ware, crawford. we need more bodies.

so, come draft time, if we can do those things, it puts us in a prime position to draft best available player.

imo, that will probally be either
    stud RT, or stud dlineman.
    ( i think a higher value is obtained on dlineman, and rt then guards. so our 1st should be spent there. )

id like to see us draft in 1st 3 rounds
    rt, dt, de.

then in the later rounds, would love to pick up guard, RB, maybe a WR, and CB or S.

of course, if the value is high enough, i wouldnt be opposed to taking somethign else, or a position of not a huge need, higher.

vCash
    cowboys were third from last with 3.56 rushing yards per attempt. Minnesota was first with 5.39.
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...012/Final/OHI/
    Please draft an offensive lineman who will be around longer than 3 years.

vCash
    ^I don't place as much value on RT, as I think a beast of a guard would help us more. A beast guard next to Smith would help Smith, who improved in his first year at LT as the season progressed and help our run game which in turn helps our OL and Romo. Parnell or a solid FA would be a welcome, much needed, large improvement over Free, although that really isn't saying much. Obviously Vollmer would be a great signing but he may be too expensive, but I think our draft needs to be a guard for the aforementioned impact they can have on our offense.

vCash
    i somewhat agree.

I think vollmer's price > Rookie RT, but i think Levitre's production > rookie G.
    I'm going to go ahead and assume Dallas will address the offensive line in 1 of 2 ways.

Free Agent Guard + Rookie T
    Free Agent Tackle + Rookie G

Either way Free should get the slip as his price > production.

They should also address the Defensive Line in 1 of two ways.

Free Agent Melton + Rookie DT (2nd or 3rd pick)
    Free Agent not names Melton + Rookie DT (1st or 2nd pick)

Crawford and Ware probably get the ends.

So in closing i suspect Dallas will go after lineman on both sides of the ball this off season.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baazinakon View Post
    ^I don't place as much value on RT, as I think a beast of a guard would help us more. A beast guard next to Smith would help Smith, who improved in his first year at LT as the season progressed and help our run game which in turn helps our OL and Romo. Parnell or a solid FA would be a welcome, much needed, large improvement over Free, although that really isn't saying much. Obviously Vollmer would be a great signing but he may be too expensive, but I think our draft needs to be a guard for the aforementioned impact they can have on our offense.
    RT is where our running game lives or dies. Without a solid run blocking RT our ground game won't exist.

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    RT is where our running game lives or dies. Without a solid run blocking RT our ground game won't exist.
    Just in reading about Warmack I came across this article http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/in...ance_were.html and thought back to LT's days at the Chargers when they were running over everyone and almost all of their run plays went to the left, as both their LT and left guard were pro bowlers. Having that beast left side also have Rivers a ton of time to make throws downfield to Jackson.

I know the RT position does impact the run game or lack thereof, but there have been very successful offenses that have been left biased, most memorably those record breaking seasons for the Chargers, LT and Rivers. I think great LT's and left guards are harder to come by than RTs. I think Parnell could very easily step in and bump up production over Free's, especially with a full offseason in the position. Vollmer or someone else I am sure could do an even better job, and I would love for JJ to go and get one of those players, however I also don't want them to overpay. I would gladly take Parnell or another pretty cheap, but solid option and go after a RT in the first or second round next year. If our left side and center are secure, and the right side is solid it will be a massive improvement.

This line was terrible and to fix it properly won't be a one year fix. Livings and Berny were kind of stop gaps and future depth players IMO. Smith will hopefully turn into a beast and will have many years left in his prime when he is due to be resigned. I hope we are able to get other great young players like Smith. Look at the 49ers, three young first round talent OL players. I hope this draft an next, we go after building our lines.

vCash
    I'm not saying you can't run to the left, but when you have a right handed QB your left tackle is primary is pass protection. The TE usually lines up on the right side thus making the Right more efficient to run toward. Your RT is usually stronger than your left due to the run game. This doesn't say you don't run to the left, you have to to change things up, but the RT is crucial in run support.

Yes LT get is the hardest position to find on the line that's evident and typically the LG is used more for pass blocking when the RG is for running based on the side the running back runs to the most. Because defenses usually line up their best pass blockers against the LT the LG has to be better equipped at pass pro than the RG.

Ideally you want all positions to be good at both forms of blocking, but when you can't find that you look to prioritize.

"

vCash
    Don, I agree with you, especially in that ideally you have great players at all of these positions. I am only sayin g in the event that we have to choose, I would prefer a great player at left guard to go along with Smith, than I would a great RT and sticking with our current personnel at guard. I think with Costa or Cook we should be good at center, the same with Smith having a full season and two full offseasons at LT, a left guard would sure up the left side and center.

Best case Parnell or Vollmer or _____ step up and play great for us at RT, but if I have to choose which position to address I think the guard position is more important.

vCash
    would you prefer andy levitre in free agency or spend the 1st pick on a guard?

"

vCash
    First pick going to Warmack and Cooper as both are great talents, beyond what you find in every draft. Even Vollmer, I only want if he can be had pretty cheap. I want to build the lines over the next couple years similar to what the 49ers have done.

I think Matt Johnson will be a great player if he can get healthy, which will have our secondary set. I am obviously not opposed to getting another Safety though.

We need a backup RB, Bush would be a true change I pace, receiver out of the backfield that would be a huge benefit to our offense, and Blount would be a good back-up if Bush isn't available. If not draft.

We need a big possession type WR. I am confident in Harris and Beasely.

DL we need a true tackle. We have Hatcher, Coleman, Ratliff, Ware, Crawford, etc., who are all good to great players, but we could use depth and a beast tackle to clog the middle and allow Ratliff to
    move outside.

OL, we need help really badly. Smith is solid and should improve. Berny sucked last season and probably had his best game playing Center. Costa barely played. Cook played pretty well, and hopefully improves. Livings was ok at best. Free should have played for Free. Parnell played well when he played.

Our LBs are set and deep.

We do need to look into QBs in the next couple drafts.

As you can see IMO, our main concerns are the lines, most notably OL. If we build the lines we have te skill players to succeed.

vCash
    The thing I really like about A. Levitre is that he's durable (Never missed a game) and still young (Will be 27 next season). So he could possibly be are guard for the next 5-6 years. I would also love to have S. Vollmer, but doesn't he have a recent injury history? So I would prefer Levitre, but Vollmer would also be a major upgrade over Free. As matter of fact, Free just retire.

vCash
    My realistic approach to both.

Sign OG Andy Levitre
    Sign DT Henry Melton

Draft

Rd 1-DE Sam Montgomery
    Rd 2-DT Sylvestre Williams
    Rd 3-OG Alvin Bailey
    Rd 4- S Phillip Thomas
    Rd 5-OT Brian Winters
    Rd 6- DE Devin Taylor

vCash
    I really think in the 3rd or 4th round Dallas needs to go after mike James from the U he's big durable faster then Murray plus he's played rb fb and wr in college and was great at it and he's a great pass protector he would be an excellent backup and he's good enough to start. With their first pick if he's their they need to go after Jenkins from Georgia he's a freak and would make a great end cause I doubt we can resign Spencer unless they cut j-rat and possibly Austin cause you know the foreskins are probably throw a ton of money at him just so we can't sign him with the second pick they need a utility olineman that has/can play either g/c or a big 320+ space eating dt to play the one tech. I know in my gut from watching James in Miami he's a class act and a good leader and if Dallas let's him slip through their fingers they will regret it he is a rare mix of edgerin James with his hands and blocking gores power and early mcgahees quickness and speed.......well just wishful thinking jj has got to wake up

vCash
    If they cut ratliff before June 1st they get 5 mil in space look it up at 18 that's when u get to borderline 1st/2nd round talent if their isn't someone high on their draft board I guarantee jj will trade back for an extra pick or picks in the 2nd an 3rd round and I would go after the de from cincy in free agency if Spencer isn't resigned I can't remember his name Johnson I think he's 6'7 like 250 and plays like jpp he had 9.5 sacks this year and he's a lot faster then Spencer I would try to trade free for a 4th or 5th rounders so he doesn't hit the cap for us and def restructure Austin,scandrick,and romo's contracts

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast