Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 55 of 55
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    37,921
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah. Give Jimmer minutes. Brooks blows, and shaved his stache. He's hard to look at.

    T-Rob is starting to answer, and JT is doing what he normally does, fall off. Barely see Hayes out there, but Johnson playing a Sf/PF role. I liked what I saw of Cousins/Robinson tonight.

    Give Jimmer and T-Rob minutes!

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,177
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    #FreeJimmer

    People are gonna say his D is terrible and blah, blah, blah, but Bibby's D wasn't great either, and we were successful with him.

    Let Jimmer get more mins. and let's see what he can do. I'm seriously sick of this ****!!!
    Its funny because this has been my argument the whole time. People are going off last years Jimmer as if he didn't improve. His defense has tremendously improved, last year he looked lost. The Jimmer/Bibby defensive comparison is pretty dead on.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,381
    vCash
    7010
    Thanks for messing up our tank... -__-

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    7,530
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    Evans-3
    IT-3
    Brooks-4

    Jimmer-0. 1/1 from the floor and 1 assist.

    #FreeJimmer

    People are gonna say his D is terrible and blah, blah, blah, but Bibby's D wasn't great either, and we were successful with him.

    Let Jimmer get more mins. and let's see what he can do. I'm seriously sick of this ****!!!
    I'd be okay with playing him more if he could deal with pressing defenders, but he can't. He needs to develop more. Teams know that he buckles and makes bad decisions and just double team him, pinning him near half-court until someone comes and bails him out, we call a timeout, or he turns it over. A lot of teams that we play do that to him.

    And his defense is still atrocious no matter how you want to rationalize it. Today I watched him completely lose Dragic and end up just standing there watching Dragic shoot from 7 feet away from him. He's improved since last year, but he's still not even a passable defender. At least Bibby could handle the ball and was more than capable on offense.

    All Jimmer should be doing right now is shooting. We absolutely need his shooting, but he just can't be out there without another ball-handler for an extended period of time. If he's shooting well, up his minutes, but if he isn't, we stand a better shot at winning a game with Brooks at PG imo.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, CA
    Posts
    8,483
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    I'd be okay with playing him more if he could deal with pressing defenders, but he can't. He needs to develop more. Teams know that he buckles and makes bad decisions and just double team him, pinning him near half-court until someone comes and bails him out, we call a timeout, or he turns it over. A lot of teams that we play do that to him.

    And his defense is still atrocious no matter how you want to rationalize it. Today I watched him completely lose Dragic and end up just standing there watching Dragic shoot from 7 feet away from him. He's improved since last year, but he's still not even a passable defender. At least Bibby could handle the ball and was more than capable on offense.

    All Jimmer should be doing right now is shooting. We absolutely need his shooting, but he just can't be out there without another ball-handler for an extended period of time. If he's shooting well, up his minutes, but if he isn't, we stand a better shot at winning a game with Brooks at PG imo.
    We always have another ball handler out there though. Evans, Salmons, IT, Brooks.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    American Canyon, CA
    Posts
    2,874
    vCash
    1500
    1 salmons
    2 jimmer
    3 j.j
    4 t rob
    5 hayes??? What? Salmons as your ball handler? Can play d, on a 1 guard?

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    American Canyon, CA
    Posts
    2,874
    vCash
    1500

    sorry sill butt hurt after yesterday's loss.

    Jimmer is a great shooter. Do I have to say that again? But his defence while improved is still not up to par. I hope he can get it there, and I have no idea if he can be taught to play the defence that would be required to play a 40 min game. He would be one of the best in the league if he could, yeah, but he can't. I am NOT a jimmer hater. I do think he needs more playing time but I also see why he doesn't get a ton of mins.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, CA
    Posts
    8,483
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    1 salmons
    2 jimmer
    3 j.j
    4 t rob
    5 hayes??? What? Salmons as your ball handler? Can play d, on a 1 guard?
    I'm not talking about moving Salmons to the 1. I'm just saying, he can handle the ball. Doesn't mean he's gonna guard PG's all the time. Although, I'm confident that he wouldn't do that bad of job defending.

    As for the rest of your line-up, I don't know where you were going with any of that.....

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    American Canyon, CA
    Posts
    2,874
    vCash
    1500
    I've been abusing everyone all day long sorry buddy. I was going on the 2nd unit with jimmer. But I'm not as worried about his skill dribbling then his defending skills. But hey we are playinv like sh.... why not throw that lineup out there? Maybe I'm playing but outtlaw has been impressing me. So I wouldn't mind him getting some more play.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, CA
    Posts
    8,483
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    I've been abusing everyone all day long sorry buddy. I was going on the 2nd unit with jimmer. But I'm not as worried about his skill dribbling then his defending skills. But hey we are playinv like sh.... why not throw that lineup out there? Maybe I'm playing but outtlaw has been impressing me. So I wouldn't mind him getting some more play.
    2nd unit......

    Brooks
    Jimmer
    Johnson or Cisco
    T-Rob
    Hayes

    Outlaw has been playing well lately. I wish he would knock down his shots though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •