Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    resorting to funny little icons proves you don't have an actual rebuttal.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    During a training-camp melee within the team's facility at Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls, Texas, wide receiver Michael Irvin stabbed a teammate in the neck with a pair of scissors. The victim, an offensive lineman named Everett McIver, had refused Irvin's demand to rise from the barber's chair during a haircut. Following an exchange of shoves and punches, McIver found himself grasping his neck, blood shooting from a two-inch gash. "The whole scene was crazy," said Cowboys cornerback Kevin Smith. "I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I mean, we were on the same team."

Having already been on probation for an incident involving a motel room, drugs and strippers, Irvin was all but guaranteed jail time after this episode. So instead of letting the legal system run its course, Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' front office stepped in. McIver was paid handsomely to never report the stabbing, and when everyone involved later spoke of "horseplay" gone awry, McIver nodded and moved on with his life. (A word of wisdom for the kiddies: Don't get into an argument when the other guy is holding scissors. It rarely ends well).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...earlman/081016

vCash
    2008 - 10 years = 1998. The Cowboys last SB was 1995-1996 season.

1998-1995 = 3 years.

I'm actually surprised i have to resort to simple arithmetic.

Irvin first was arrested in 1996 on his birthday in March while the SB was played 3 months prior.

How any of this proves the Dallas Cowboys of the early 90's were criminals has yet to be shown.

"

vCash
    Williams, 28 and a Pro Bowl left tackle, was previously accused of sexual assault, but a grand jury in June 1995 declined to indict him after the 17-year-old girl reached a civil settlement with Williams and asked that he not be prosecuted.

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-01-..._michael-irvin

vCash
    no one was convicted

"

vCash
    keep digging

"

vCash
    keep it on topic folks...some of you keep straying from the topic and take over thread with your debates....there are OTHER places to do that

vCash
    maybe since this topic runs fairly deep it needs to be be addressed in the other thread as well. MY only concern is how can one discuss a topic but only keep it on the surface when it usually has a deeper implication?

I'm pretty sure no one was offended and the conversation kept on going. Over 2000 views in both threads without anyone getting infuriated. i thought it was a heck of a debate.

"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    keep it on topic folks...some of you keep straying from the topic and take over thread with your debates....there are OTHER places to do that
    he started it.

vCash
    Ratliff showed poor judgement and is blessed to even be here today. If JJ decides to keep him he still needs to add more depth at the DT spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    maybe since this topic runs fairly deep it needs to be be addressed in the other thread as well. MY only concern is how can one discuss a topic but only keep it on the surface when it usually has a deeper implication?

I'm pretty sure no one was offended and the conversation kept on going. Over 2000 views in both threads without anyone getting infuriated. i thought it was a heck of a debate.
    I agree that the debate was/is a good one...but, people come in to the forum when they see the topic of Ratliff/DWI, not where this has gone...and the "what should JJ do" thread was worse....the debates, while spirited and non-threatening to the people involved (thankfully), likely scared others away. Again, that is what the off-topic thread is for...or, if you want to debate something specific as it relates to the cowboys, then create your own thread.

vCash
    I was actually having a good time with the debate and it was the first time race issues have been brought up and people not take it over board and get their panties in a bunch.
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    agreed. I'm actually impressed!

"

vCash
    Let's just wait till someone gets stabbed with a scissor here before worrying..... We're all big boys here.

I actually don't like that Jerry and the team did that. Stabbing a teammate in the neck?! Irvin needs to be in prison. I don't care if it's football...that's a lot to hush up. I'm sure it doesn't go unnoticed in the lockerroom that Jerry has a certain set of rules for the stars....and then everyone else.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567