Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    One of the major problems on this team, IMO, is that there is no accountability. There has been no accountability on this team since Jimmy and Parcells were here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    How is it a double standard when all athletes are to dress appropriately. I don't care which color they are as they should be respectful in society. How you dress is an example of respect. Respect for yourself and for others. I already went over this.

I've been to South Lake so i know where and what it is. Yes one place is better than the other, but education is a luxury. We complain so much about how things aren't fair yet we've never had our liberties tested or lived a month outside of the cushy walls of America. We have absolutely nothing to complain about. People think their entitled to a good life where nothing in the Constitution says so. If you want to rise out of the ghetto and make it to South Lake so you can have better education and a better quality of life then make the right choices. There's no walls that will prevent a person from getting there that they can't climb over.

So being "HARD" means being disrespectful? Please tell me how much society will value the respectful Ware to the disrespectful Dez? Ask yourself this:

If you were the QB and you just got sacked would you enjoy the helping hand of Demarcus Ware or the A**hole Dez?

Killer instinct? That's the problem. Football is a game
    So now education is a luxury? This whole time you have been saying everybody has the same opportunity to go to school and its equal. But education is free and living in the hood is no reason not to have a top notch education, only people during the civil rights movement can complain about education. Glad you now see hood schools don't offer the same education as rich schools, like i've been saying this whole time.

You don't know what people have had tested nor do you know if people have lived outside of America. Actually i'm sure plenty of people here in America have lived in other countries. Also I'm sure a 15 year old kid can make the right choices in middle school and land a high paying job in high school to live in South Lake so he can get a better education. That falls on his parents not the kid, unless you mean he should be acting or rapping as a child.

I'm sure you might think you knoq what people go through on a daily basis in their life but you don't, so you can't say they have no reason not to be successful. If Witten didn't get out of his parents abusive household and took in by his grandparents do you think he would be where he is now? A kid who raped by their parent every night and beat is living the good life because they are here in America and have nothing to complain about? Thats the kind of things people live with and you don't have experience with that part of life and please dont say you do. I can tell from your responses that you know nothing about the rough part of life.

The rules of dress code came because the anglo saxons didn't like the way the players looked on TV. Allen Iverson perfect example, no black person had a problem with the way he dressed. He was forced to dress to please them. Take it a step further it was a problem for people like T.O to celebrate a TD but its great when Gronk does it or Jason Allen celebrates a sack. That is your double standard, it was classless when T.O did it but Gronk does the samething.

How does hard equal disrespectful? I never said that and I don't know how you picked that up. I grew up and we were taught not to help people up and hate your opponent while playing. Heck even rich SL does it and were probably the dirtiest team ever and guess what..."They won state championships", How does society suffer because Ware doesn't help up QB's?
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    why are you twisting my words? Why when someone is losing a debate they resort to this?

Education in this country is a luxury. Luxury and Free are different things? They don't even mean the same thing, how is this difficult to understand? I'm not even going to dive into the premise of economics and how nothing is truly ever free, not part of this discussion.

2 forms of education:
    A. Higher Ed (College, Trade Schools, Specialized training, etc) = Not free
    B. Primary & Secondary (K-12) = Free

Where your child goes to school is dependent on where you live = Your choice.

Primary and Secondary education is free to all citizens in America, but it's a luxury because it's not a right inside the Constitution. We're blessed to have the opportunity afforded by society to obtain free primary and secondary education. The quality of education you receive is dependent on yourself.

How is this so hard???

1. I'm talking to you, not everyone in America. Stop pettifogging, does anyone even know what this means? Stop starting a conversation then taking that conversation onto something else.

2. A child is given the life the parent has formed, but at some point the child is capable of becoming an adult and choosing his own path. If you want to continue to blame the parent you'll find yourself middle aged, no quality of life still blaming everyone else while the majority of America doesn't accept the excuse. Your choice.

3. Again i warned you about telling me what i know.

4. Do me a favor, save up some cash, by a plane ticket to a third world country, and tough it out. Stay for a year then come back and tell me how bad it is in America.

Thomas Jefferson once said
    "The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - which means people who haven't had their liberties tested will eventually take for granted how good they have it.
    You and I live in a country that offers so much, you live safe, free (and people don't even understand the concept of free), and have the opportunity to better your life yet we complain? You've never had to fight for freedom, do you even understand the concept? This site is an example of freedom. there was a time when people of this country didn't have the right to speak, didn't have the right to work, didn't have the right to vote, and oppressed by tyrants. Now people can sit here and speak freely about how they feel without reprisal or fear of being punished. Take a trip to North Korea.

Even the worst "hood" or education is better than the majority of the world, yet you have no right to complain when you take the context of the world into a comparison. Even the ghetto thug, jamming to 2 of Amerikaz most wanted, rocking his dickies, stacking the crip crown all while popping a 3 wheel in his Ford Grenada has it better than the majority of the world.

5. What's my first name? Yet you know all about my life, what i know, where i've been, what i've seen, etc? Intelligent.

6. Where did Anglo Saxons come from, without using Wikipedia? Anglo Saxon's period was from 550 AD to 1066 AD. Times changed buddy. I have no more a connection to Anglo Saxon history then you do African. Give it a rest. Maybe you should listen to Bill Cosby speak.

7. No one forced Iverson to dress any way. There was a rule. Dress respectful or find another job. In your mind obeying rules is force. You have the choice to find another job, Brush up on American History, there was a point where you were forced, physically too. you don't like the rules, no one forces you to be a basketball player.

8. Can you make points without putting words in my mouth? I never mentioned anything about Gronk or Allen. Read up on pettifogging.

9. you said you don't like it when Ware sacks a QB and helps him up. You want a killer instinct. IT's FOOTBALL, not war. You can still be a good player, have success, and be generous. We just celebrated MLK JR. day, he's a primary example of this. He died trying to raise up the black population and he didn't have to be ignorant by doing it. We celebrate his life, his personality, and his contributions. We won't be celebrating Snoop D-O-Double G's contributions anytime soon. You catch more flies with honey then you do vinegar.

10. Who said anything about society suffering if Ware doesn't help someone up? Do you read my posts?

I said Society values respectful people. Do you prefer someone who treats you like trash or treats you like a human being? You know what if you dislike rich white suburbs, American Values, or others peoples opinion, the door to the rest of the world is always open, no one says you have to be here. Pack and go. If you choose to stay here then obey the standard set forth. If you don't like those standards, run for office. Try to change people's opinions.

As it pertains to Dez and Ratliff. The rules are set forth. If you break them you face a penalty. The penalty is the same for whites. You're a grown man in this league the choices are yours. If you don't like the rules find another job.

Who started bringing up the race card in this convo? Why do you have to remind us a person is black? Do you think people can't tell the difference? You're the one centered on the color of the skin and how people are mistreated because of their location and skin color. I've said over and over the rules are the same for everyone, you're the one choosing to look at it different. Wait... Choice? What a concept.
    Last edited by thedon01; 01-25-2013 at 05:36 PM.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    I'm sure if we knew what players were like in real life, we probably wouldn't be fans of them. They probably get away with more stuff that is not reported or never found out.

Is Ratliff known for being a problem or was this an isolated incident? Sometimes guys do get in trouble later in life...it doesn't always mean you get wiser as you get older... say you've pretty much behaved for most of your life, but then you get to middle age and you feel frustrated, stressed out and it causes you to act out.

I think the amount an employer is willing to tolerate is in direct proportion to how valuable that player is. TO is shocked that teams aren't calling him anymore now that he's not the dominant superstar. He probably is better than a lot of the subs, but no one is going to take his garbage. If Jerry wanted to get rid of Ratliff anyway, Ratliff just served him up a perfect excuse on a silver platter. That altercation he had with Jerry probably made him a marked man anyway. Not having a healthy Ratliff and then losing Brent was a big part of why our team's decline on defense. If you're a defensive coordinator, how do you gamplan this gigantic hole at the center of your defense: Ratliff, Brent, Lee, Carter, Church. If I were the opposing coach, I would be rubbing my hands furiously in delight about with all the possibilities of attacking that soft middle.

vCash
    another thread taken over by an off-topic debate...if you want to continue this, go to the off-topic thread

/closed

vCash
    per request, re-opened thread

vCash
    Dude get a life Blacknell!! why is everything a racial debate with you?? The big mean whitey attacking the black man..If you can't see why people on here are upset that Ratliff would get a DUI nearly a month after a good friend of his KILLED someone you are blind. His close friend just KILLED someone cuz he was drinking and driving and he couldn't call a cab?? I don't even need to go into this any further with you because you seem to be on here looking to argue with white people more than talk sports and it's pathetic. White or black any NFL player who chooses to drive drunk when they have so many other options out there is a disgrace and I will call every one of them out. And especially a Cowboy who just saw an innocent victims family mourning the loss of their 25 year old son brother and friend who lost his life because of a drunk driver. No debate here really, but i look forward to you calling me a racist..
    Last edited by DodgerBlue22; 01-27-2013 at 09:05 AM.

vCash
    I look forward to NOT seeing anyone bring race into these conversations. Keep it civil people. thanx.

vCash
    race shouldnt be brought into the conversation, it shouldn't be an issue, it shouldn't be an excuse, because the rules should be the same for every skin color.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thedon01 View Post
    race shouldnt be brought into the conversation, it shouldn't be an issue, it shouldn't be an excuse, because the rules should be the same for every skin color.
    I only brought up race to explain the Dez situation, which had nothing to do with racism but to say certain people don't care how he dresses. DodgerBlue I don't think I ever called somebody a racist at all so what are you talking about?

thadon your description of the hood thug made me laugh Imust admit I had a giggle there, that is some hood you speak of. Now all that school stuff you speak of I have chose to ignore it along with the "your choice" theory because you just don't get it. Not only do you not get it, you ramble about something else ontop of that to further let me know you don't get what i'm saying. I know 3rd world countries have it horrible not being able to eat, no electricity, water, and death around the corner. Guess what thoug alot in the "hood" experience that as well.

Where your child goes to school is dependent on where you live = Your choice, NOT THE CHILD'S CHOICE THE ONE THE WHOLE TOPIC HAS BEEN ABOUT

Now to answer you question dodger I never said I agreed with Ratliff bad choice to pour up the booze and drive down the blvd, but I understand. I never said I don't know why its a problem or big deal and i'm not defending his choice in doing so either. I just don't support him getting cut over it, and like I have said numerous times in here I only care about Sunday. What they do in their spare time outside of Sunday is of no concern to me unless it keeps them off the football field winning games. If he misses games because of his drinking or he shows up Sunday with a hangover from Saturday night then yes I have a problem with what they do outside of Sunday.

Yall get to attached and nosey in their personal life when they owe you nothing, so you shouldn't care what they do either. Josh Brent was a problem because he killed another man and he missed football games. There has been numerous players charged with DWI and not get cut, so why want him gone so bad? Will cutting Ratliff make the team better? NO so I don't support the cutting of him, does it save the team money? No so I don't support the mass audience here. I'm in the minority here, but I will not change my stance to please the majority here like many of you do. I was against the cutting of Dez while 95% of Cowboy PSD fans wanted him gone, until he became our best football player.

thadon I never said YOU said anything about Gronk or Allen, do YOU even read my post? I used Iverson as an example because the NBA put the dress code in place because of him. There was NOT a rule until he dressed like he did, because there was never an issue. Rules are not made beforehand but after a problem has been identified. Another thing why do you keep bringing up 3rd world countries and going to other places? I'm sorry I didn't know if I don't support your beliefs that I hate America and need to move elsewere. Not everybody in America agrees with your beliefs and what you feel is right.

Also don't why you put the whole MLK speech in post it was kind of unnecessary, because it has nothing to do with having a killer instinct. Maybe you don't know what a killer instinct is, you do know it has nothing to do with being an actual killer right? It has nothing to do with trying to hurt people or cripple them. Ray Lewis has that killer instinct (no pun intended), Clay matthews, James Harrison, and SUH. Its playing hardcore smash mouth football, punching somebody in the mouth not literally as you will atempt to take it there and letting them know you here... Laying somebody on their butt and not helping them up doesn't make you a bad person person, perfect example is Reggie White. Never saw Reggie get a sack and help up the QB, you don'e see Jared Allen doing that. The leader of your defense can't be as soft as tissue or the rest of the team willl follow his lead and guess what we are the softest team in the NFL. Peope once feared Dallas because they were mean and now they all smiles and unicorns

vCash
    guys, please keep this on topic

also, IMO, Jay doesn't get cut for this, but he MAY get cut for getting in JJ's face near the end of the season. JJ will want to be a tough guy and m ake an example because of that; now, he may use the DWI as the excuse publicly, but either way, you don't cut someone for a DWI; you get them help; his timing was EXTREMELY poor and the team needs to do something (fine him if the NFLPA allows it), but cutting him for this would stand out like a sore thumb;

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post

also, IMO, Jay doesn't get cut for this, but he MAY get cut for getting in JJ's face near the end of the season. JJ will want to be a tough guy and m ake an example because of that; now, he may use the DWI as the excuse publicly, but either way, you don't cut someone for a DWI; you get them help; his timing was EXTREMELY poor and the team needs to do something (fine him if the NFLPA allows it), but cutting him for this would stand out like a sore thumb;
    IMO cutting him would be a bad move because you don't have anybody to replace him. Then we have another big hole to fill in the draft, which that pick could be used on something like OL of safety help. Ratliff brings fire and desire to this defense when he is in the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post

you absolutly cut a guy for a dui... especially when the dui comes just a couple months after a previous dui happened on the team that killed someone on the team, and then the team, imo probally had extensive,, extensive talks with the team about not drinking and driving.

in addition, regardless of the jerry jones jay fight, the dui, he was ALREADY a BIG canidate to be cut, because of his injuries, age, and salary. we are in salary cap hell, and someone is going to get cut because of it. not saying that jay will be it, but he is certainly in the discussion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    IMO cutting him would be a bad move because you don't have anybody to replace him. Then we have another big hole to fill in the draft, which that pick could be used on something like OL of safety help. Ratliff brings fire and desire to this defense when he is in the game
    we had him this year and still had a big hole to fill. can he stay healthy? i mean, especially if he is getting drunk every night.

he is like 32. and has a 7-8 mill salary. at least if we cut him, we know what we need, and can at least try and fill the void. keeping him, then we havea false sense of having him, when he will probally just get hurt again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    we had him this year and still had a big hole to fill. can he stay healthy? i mean, especially if he is getting drunk every night.

he is like 32. and has a 7-8 mill salary. at least if we cut him, we know what we need, and can at least try and fill the void. keeping him, then we havea false sense of having him, when he will probally just get hurt again.
    The NFl is not based on ethics its all about winning games and producing income for owners. When making decisions they need to be based on football and not ethics. From an ethics stand point you would cut Ratliff, but from a football stance it makes no sense because he will be alot better playing a 4-3 front than a 3-4. Cut him and save 1 million that will get you nothing at the end of the day. Ratliff is one of the 2 leaders on this team and losing it would kill us just like last season

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast