Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Falcons To Cut Turner?

Falcons likely done with Turner: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that the Falcons will likely use running back by committee in 2013, but the report says "the committee canít include (Michael) Turner." He struggled in 2012 with a career-low average of 3.6 yards per carry.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players...age/493097/rss

Well we saw this coming, great career he had here and wish the burner the best, but now lets go get Ball in the draft or sign Reggie!!

vCash

vCash
    Wow.

Why am I saddened by this? He stunk this year but it's gonna be different without him on the team.

L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    Wow.

Why am I saddened by this? He stunk this year but it's gonna be different without him on the team.
    Nothing official. It is just the AJC stating the obvious and the national media taking it and running.

vCash
    MJD! MJD! MJD!

That's just me tho... One can hope

vCash
    McFadden anybody? Don't know if money wise it's the best option with all the other glaring needs we need on the defensive side of the ball.

vCash
    I'd like to see us bring in Chris Ivory. He runs tough and I think he'd be a good compliment with Quizz. He's also a free agent this year. I could see it happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox_mattyice3 View Post
    McFadden anybody? Don't know if money wise it's the best option with all the other glaring needs we need on the defensive side of the ball.
    As well as TE if Gonzalez doesn't come back...

vCash
    CJ2K....I know you guys are thinking "Hell No" But CJ2K would be a nice fit for our style of play & with our great WRs on the outside He could return to his old form He's the guy we need or a speed back like CJ2K....? A back that hit the hole a 100mph. That's what we lacked in our run game Turner was just too slow attack the gaps Rodgers is good but lacks that ture breakaway speed...I don't believe CJ2K has fallin off but needs a new system to bring out his best or a fresh start...

vCash
    We would have zero red zone presence with Johnson and 'Quizz.

vCash
    I'm on board with Chris Ivory... more fitting for our offense and would be a much better financial fit considering we need to spend $$$ to fill other holes (TE replacement? William Moore? Grimes?). Then draft a high upside RB in the 5th or 6th round.
    Last edited by FalconsNation02; 01-24-2013 at 06:38 PM.

L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

vCash
    this is a sign that maybe we'll be trading for MJD :] one can only wish right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Denim Chicken View Post
    I'd like to see us bring in Chris Ivory. He runs tough and I think he'd be a good compliment with Quizz. He's also a free agent this year. I could see it happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    I'm on board with Chris Ivory... more fitting for our offense and would be a much better financial fit considering we need to spend $$$ to fill other holes (TE replacement? William Moore? Grimes?). Then draft a high upside RB in the 5th or 6th round.
    Ivory is a restricted free agent. He's probably going nowhere absent a trade, which isn't very likely

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    I'd be interested in Ivory. I think MJD would be too high of an asking price for us to fill other needs. Mcfadden has struggled staying healthy, and he struggles running in zone blocking schemes. Another restricted FA is Dwyer. He had some nagging injuries too, but some of the games I watched were pretty impressive. He's a violent runner that can push the pile and he might be cheap. Might be able to steal Michael Bush from the Bears. I'd prefer getting one in the draft the most, though. I like Snelling and Rodgers and think they can do more without Turner hoarding the touches. I wish Turner well, and I appreciate his role in helping to turn this franchise around so quickly, but I think his time here is done. Best wishes.

vCash
    why do yall prefer the same slow- power backs that dnt fit our system. Michael bush? no. MJD?, him and quizz are pretty much the same as in stature and skill set. McFadden? injured too much. We need a back with speed and can break tackles and make people miss. In case you havent noticed, we have a fast paced, up tempo offense. We have alot of quick screens, sweeps, and outside runs. If we can get a back who runs a 4.4 and has some power, that would compliment quizz and our offense as a whole. Some names like Joseph Randle(4.5 but faster than quizz and much bigger at 6'1 210 lbs), Reggie bush(not likely), or Mike gillislee come to mind. Ivory isnt bad, but he isnt what we need to replace turner, at least not the first choice.
    Last edited by westside; 02-04-2013 at 02:30 AM.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast