Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    yea, 2014 is the year to draft a QB if they feel Pryor can't be the guy,

you just can't take a QB in this draft with a limited amount of picks and a lot invested (1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks) in Palmer and Pryor. They have to add to that front 7 and get a CB, as well as a RT....just no room to take a chance on a QB this year. None.
    I agree on drafting a QB in 2014, but we will have to see what Pyror can do being the starter for more than one week to find that out.

vCash
    If were able to run the ball like washington seattle or san fran...who knows..the kid looks to be more of a player than i thought he was

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    blasphemy lol, dont disrespect Seabass. HIS JOB IS SAFE I SAY!
    Opps!! My bad! You are right! LOL.

vCash
    More proof RM doesn't know what he's doing.

I wonder what offensive genius that came from?

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NavajoRaiderfan View Post
    More proof RM doesn't know what he's doing.

I wonder what offensive genius that came from?
    Why because he didn't Guarantee carson the starting job? That makes him senseless? Why should we give him the job without an open battle for the position? Might as well give carson the job let him have a high ego go out there throw 15 picks. Sounds good. Don't get me wrong carson will probably get the job but give pryor something to fight for and give him a reason to strive for success in the nfl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    On the Pryor situation, what do we have to lose starting him next year? A re-bulding team. If he does good, we have our QB. If he sucks, we have another great draft selection for our rebuilding team. Palmer does nothing for the current state of the Raiders, maybe hurt draft selection.
    ^^^ THIS. TIMES A HUNDRED. Reggie McKenzie has just given me the
    first ray of hope that they actually DO have a CLUE what's going on. BLESS GOD.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Eh, as I have said numerous times, it doesn't matter who we have at QB next year because next year is a rebuilding year. I would rather sit Pryor one last year and continue to get everything stabilized to give him every chance to succeed. Some continuity at the OC position, the return of the running game and McFadden, and a few more upgrades on the O-line should be our priorities ahead of who is our starting QB. I'm tired of giving our QB's crap to work with and being surprised when they fail.

Also don't even get me started on the D. Let's just say virtually all the serious playoff contenders were in the top 15 in terms of points allowed per game. We were ranked 28.
    Last edited by Raidaz4Life; 01-22-2013 at 11:49 PM.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    Eh, as I have said numerous times, it doesn't matter who we have at QB next year because next year is a rebuilding year. I would rather sit Pryor one last year and continue to get everything stabilized to give him every chance to succeed. Some continuity at the OC position, the return of the running game and McFadden, and a few more upgrades on the O-line should be our priorities ahead of who is our starting QB. I'm tired of giving our QB's crap to work with and being surprised when they fail.

Also don't even get me started on the D. Let's just say virtually all the serious playoff contenders were in the top 15 in terms of points allowed per game. We were ranked 28.
    Raiders were the 4th ranked defense the last 4-5 games of the season I believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    Lets put this in perspective...a lot of you are all hyped up on pryor based on 1 game...1 game in which he completed 46 % of his passes for a whole 155 yds. I wonder what you would say about palmer if he completed only 46 % for 155 yds..Palmer completed more like 60 % for around 4000 yds. Everybody got excited cause pryor ran for some yds. Get a grip guys, changing qbs wont make us better, drafting a star dt, a good de, a good ot, a good lb, a good db or 2 will. We need to build this team the right way, the way the packers or steelers or ravens or 49ers do. Just drafting another j rock wont do it.
    And we won 4 games with Palmer. Regardless of his stats, a guy who wins you 4 games (won't mention his bad decision making) is not worth the $13 mil he is set to make next season.

Similar to Tebow in Denver, I would rather win ugly or find out more about Pryor instead of having Palmer take up such a large % of our cap space and we already know what he can do.

I have said this before, but I would bring Palmer back in the 4-5 mil a year range and draft a guy this year. Tell Palmer you want him to teach the new guy, if he makes the playoffs have some type of bonus, etc. If he doesn't like this plan then he can kick rocks and we can role with Pryor and draft a QB next season.

vCash
    ^^ that's such a bunch of BS to blame the W/L on Palmer last year. If you're gonna blame anyone, blame the HC for who he hired as the OC. I still can't believe some of you are actually referencing last season like its all on the players. Newsflash: The OC didn't even line up his players right, let alone use them. He regressed the whole offense. Palmer did considerably well considering all the drops, lack of creativity and the insane % of passing plays called over running plays even though there was no #1 receiver.

Just write 2012 off. Don't look at it that close. Everyone on offense was setup for failure the 1st day Knapp walked through the door.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    I agree on drafting a QB in 2014, but we will have to see what Pyror can do being the starter for more than one week to find that out.
    I get a feeling we'll see more of Pryor kind of like how we saw more of Kaepernick involved before Smith went down with injury and the rest is history. This year through practice and his limited playing time - Pryor will have to make Reggie McKenzie believe in him enough to not draft a QB next year. And that's no easy task. But I get the feeling Pryor is more than up for it. And I hope he succeeds.

vCash
    Regardless, Palmer is not worth $13 mil a year. Ask yourself that question and I think the thoughts of Greg Knapp will quickly dissipate from your brain. I agree, Knapp played a large role in the issues on the offensive side of the ball, but Palmer still makes bad choices and has possibly 2-3 decent-to-good years left. He is not worth 7 mil a year (being generous). If this new regime is truly looking to create a competitive roster with all of the needs you can't tie up money in guys who won't be part of the next 7-10 years. Again, you can rebuild with a QB to fill in the gaps for much less than what Palmer costs for 2-3 years before they find or draft "their guy".

Also, great players make those around them great, Palmer does not do that. When we got into the no huddle that was all Palmer and he ran it well at times, but not to the extend of guys who get paid in that 13-20 mil range (Brees, Manning, Brady, etc., etc.)
    Last edited by skyleralan; 01-23-2013 at 12:22 AM.

vCash
    This really isnt that big of news. I mean of coruse there will be compition during camp and such. THis means very little i think for the team. We arent going to be winning alot of games next year anyways. I hope every is preparing for that. WE are a weak team at the moment but were building in the right direction. It will take atleast another year before we get competitive. Pryor or palmer withe defense in the shape it is and questions all over on offense we have much bigger issues. Let palmer start the season like im sure he will and this year if we start to slide thorw pryor in half way through to show what he has. It wont matter if pryor sits a little longer in fact it will probably be good for him. The team is rebuilding next year is the draft we fix the Qb position.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    You don't bench 13 million dollar QBs. This is purely lip service.

vCash
    next year if the team sucks close to the end sure sit him and see what pryor can do. He is getting paid if he stays or leaves plays or sits. We should have let pryor play more the one game at the end of this season to see what he has. Again if we aree 2-10 next season throw pryor in cause if really doesnt matter at that point and we need to see what the kind can do. that makes sense

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast