Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Starting QB job: Open Competition

Per twitter

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez
    #Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie just told us on @SiriusXMNFL that Terrelle Pryor will have chance to compete for starting job in 2013

vCash
    and he will lose but it motivates them both to have a good offseason so of course RM would say this

vCash
    It's better than this past year where there wasn't a chance. Should be good for both to try to get better in fear of losing the job.

the interview:

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmsport...ie-mckenzie-on

vCash

vCash
    if dysert is there in the third have a 3 man competition. But if i don't get my guy I would love to have pryor start. Let him show if hes worth keeping or if we should use a 1st in 2014 on a QB. Palmer isn't the face of the franchise once the team is built, but maybe pryor can. prove me wrong pryor.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I just think this means Palmer isn't a lock as our starting QB, as other might think the position is not a need. Every position should be looked at.

vCash
    super Excited that Reggie came out and said this though. I hope Pryor proves me wrong and wins us some games. Im sure he can match the 4 carson put up.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    i just dont get what else people who expect the General Manager to say..... and I am sure he would respond to that question brought up about any position (i did not watch the interview so maybe im wrong)

vCash
    On the Pryor situation, what do we have to lose starting him next year? A re-bulding team. If he does good, we have our QB. If he sucks, we have another great draft selection for our rebuilding team. Palmer does nothing for the current state of the Raiders, maybe hurt draft selection.

vCash
    ^^ i don't really think thats the truth. If he really believed in Palmer, he will flat out come out and say Carson is the starter for 2013. it was also interesting in the post season press conference that DA kept saying that Carson will be ready for Training camp and OTAs when people kept saying will he be healthy, but he never committed by saying Carson is our starter as well. Another, interesting thing is in the Q and A done recently with the new OC Olson said he thinks Carson is a great player that has many years left he also said Pryor still needs time, now Reggie comes out and says this, I think we really do have an Open competition. And since we don't have a franchise QB, ill be happy if pryor comes out to be that guy.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Best news so far this offseason. Let them compete. No position should be Guarunteed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    ^^ i don't really think thats the truth. If he really believed in Palmer, he will flat out come out and say Carson is the starter for 2013. it was also interesting in the post season press conference that DA kept saying that Carson will be ready for Training camp and OTAs when people kept saying will he be healthy, but he never committed by saying Carson is our starter as well. Another, interesting thing is in the Q and A done recently with the new OC Olson said he thinks Carson is a great player that has many years left he also said Pryor still needs time, now Reggie comes out and says this, I think we really do have an Open competition. And since we don't have a franchise QB, ill be happy if pryor comes out to be that guy.
    even though Palmer will more than likely win the job - this is good for Pryor. He'll get all the #2's and this tells me that they're at least going to involve him some in the gameplan. After the success others have had in the read-option you kind of have to check it out a bit. It's a nightmare to prepare for, so the Raiders should definitely incorporate some.

vCash
    Every position should be an open competition. No safe jobs on this team that hasn't really accomplished much in the past decade.... let's let them best players play!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    On the Pryor situation, what do we have to lose starting him next year? A re-bulding team. If he does good, we have our QB. If he sucks, we have another great draft selection for our rebuilding team. Palmer does nothing for the current state of the Raiders, maybe hurt draft selection.
    exactly. I dont even think the W-L record will be different if pryor played all year. maybe we would be 3-13? Pryor would have made plays that palmer couldn't have. We need a franchise QB and palmer isn't going to be that guy in 3 years when we are ready to make playoff runs. I don't think Pryor is either but he has a better chance to be that guy and if he proves me wrong we ****ing have a ****ing Franchise QB! you won't win without a Great QB anymore. Dont bring up Dilfer either since he was an outlier and it will take us 7 drafts of straight defense to have a chance to match the ravens D. Like i've said in other threads if some reason Dysert drops to say the 4th take him. The redskins took kirk in the 4th after trading a haul for RG3 it can't hurt to perfect the one position that matters most. Before the ravens it was 9 years in a row that the AFC was represented by either Brady, Manning, or Big ben in the super bowl. and let me just throw it in as well that in this postseason Joe Flacco has been absolutely, phenomenally spectacular as well.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDevil71 View Post
    Every position should be an open competition. No safe jobs on this team that hasn't really accomplished much in the past decade.... let's let them best players play!
    blasphemy lol, dont disrespect Seabass. HIS JOB IS SAFE I SAY!

Yall let me slip?!?!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast