Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Strome.

vCash

Strome.

I know this beating a dead horse, but I was just reading about him and the dude has 65 points in 34 games. Seriously, what could he possibly be getting by continuing to play in a league that he is obviously over qualified to be in? They should be playing him for his 5 games in the nhl to see how he does. WTH is management thinking? How frustrating....they need the offense. Are they actually trying to suck now?lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finfan1971 View Post
    I know this beating a dead horse, but I was just reading about him and the dude has 65 points in 34 games. Seriously, what could he possibly be getting by continuing to play in a league that he is obviously over qualified to be in? They should be playing him for his 5 games in the nhl to see how he does. WTH is management thinking? How frustrating....they need the offense. Are they actually trying to suck now?lol
    I'm a big fan of bad teams giving their eliteyoung players the shot at the beginning of the season especially if they could help the team (See Morgan Rielly and the Leafs)

vCash
    I'd like him up too, but Tsu has a good point. If we are not going to make the playoffs, whats the point? Teams will just figure him out like they did Grabs. http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...emergence.html

If the Islanders are fighting for a playoff spot this short season, (which I hope they are) he better be up here soon, along with Nino, and Donovan. Schmucks like Reasoner, Finley, need to be sent down. I want young hungry players that actually have a purpose still in the NHL! Not dying never to win race horses.

vCash
    ^He's nothign like Grabs. Also, teams didn't "figure out Grabs" he just started beign areally crappy pn breakways and his stats went down so we put him on the 3rd line and his production went down more...

I agree with the original post, 100%. He should be here, on our 2nd line. Frans should be our 3rd line C, and Aucoin should be our 4th with Cizikas on the wing or getting more experience in the AHL.

The whole "whats the point in bringing him up if we wont make the playoffs anyway" arguemnt is misguided pessimistic BS.

If you dont think we have a shot at the playoffs then youre just being ignorant. If you think Strome wont help our chances, youre even more ignorant.

He should be here. Just give him the damn 5 game tryout, if he is not ready? Then no harm, no foul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    ^He's nothign like Grabs. Also, teams didn't "figure out Grabs" he just started beign areally crappy pn breakways and his stats went down so we put him on the 3rd line and his production went down more...

I agree with the original post, 100%. He should be here, on our 2nd line. Frans should be our 3rd line C, and Aucoin should be our 4th with Cizikas on the wing or getting more experience in the AHL.

The whole "whats the point in bringing him up if we wont make the playoffs anyway" arguemnt is misguided pessimistic BS.

If you dont think we have a shot at the playoffs then youre just being ignorant. If you think Strome wont help our chances, youre even more ignorant.

He should be here. Just give him the damn 5 game tryout, if he is not ready? Then no harm, no foul
    Exactly! I just don't understand why they wouldn't do it....it will cost them nothing. Worst case, Strome gets a taste of NHL speed and game and learns from it. Best case, dude gives us much needed scoring and is a threat that the Isles need. JT and Moulson can't do it all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post

If we start winning some more games following the Tampa win he better be up.

vCash
    The OP makes me think of Dougie Hamilton instantly. Now obviously the B's and Isles are in two different situations but B's brass thought, how much more can Dougie develop in the OHL? The same applies to Strome, the kid should be up here learning on the job. Now is actually a great time because I don't see the Isles making the playoffs or being in the hunt so it's a low pressure situation for him.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    4GP / 1G / 4A / +5

vCash
    He shouldn't be up for 3 reasons.

1 this team won't make the playoffs this year. If he's up and plays well enough to stay then you'd be wasting one of his years on a 3 month season.

2 if you think the team is a playoff team and he's up and doesn't play well then you possibly wasted 5 games. It doesn't sound like a lot, but that's over 10% of the season. It's hard to make up ground in a normal season, & will be even harder this year.

3 the team is relatively healthy now. However, with a compressed schedule teams should expect more player injuries. Save his 5 games for later in the year when you need him to replace someone for 2 weeks.

vCash
    [QUOTE=tsunami;25187435]He shouldn't be up for 3 reasons.

1 this team won't make the playoffs this year. If he's up and plays well enough to stay then you'd be wasting one of his years on a 3 month season.

This makes 0 sense. Did we waste JT's first 3 years of his ELC? We werent gonna make the playoffs, but he was up and he played well.... Di we waste that cause we werent a playoff team? The whole not being a playoff team argument is dumb. And the 3 months of a season argument is dumb too. Why does it matter? It's 100% of the season even if it's shortened if we called him up, and it's an ELC. Meaning hell be an RFA and re-sign in 3 years when we already really would know what we have with him, and we'd re-sign him and depending on the length...idk, the whole "wasting a whole year" for 3 months is dumb. It's still 48 games, what could have been 48 out of 48

2 if you think the team is a playoff team and he's up and doesn't play well then you possibly wasted 5 games. It doesn't sound like a lot, but that's over 10% of the season. It's hard to make up ground in a normal season, & will be even harder this year.

If he's up and doesnt do well in 5 games, we didnt "waste" the 5 games, we used it to find out if he's good and ready, if not we send him down, no harm or foul. Now if youre tryign to make the argument that "if were a playoff team, strome being bad in 5 games would hurt our chances" than that makes little sense either. Even if he was ****** and looked lost and weak, there's not a chance he'll offer less than some of the trash we already have in there. Not like he would get the call over a good player, he'd get the call over a fringe NHLer, if even.

3 the team is relatively healthy now. However, with a compressed schedule teams should expect more player injuries. Save his 5 games for later in the year when you need him to replace someone for 2 weeks.

IDK abotu relatively healthy. Our 2nd best 2 way forward, potential top 6er is out, a top 4 defenseman isnt here due to his son's health, and Joensuu who was expected to get a spot on the oineup this year, are all out and its 2 games into the season. 5 game tryouts are not for replacing good injured players... Colin mcDonald and Marty Reasoner and Eric Boulton and other, etc... ar eused for replacing injured players. THAT would be a waste of the 5 games imo.

Also.. Does a condensed schedule lead to more injuries? I doutb it, that would be assuming most NHL injuries are fatigue related when I really don't think most are. Most are freak things during a game, or during practice or something like that. Even so, the shorter season means that there's lesstime for players to get injured. Im sure there will be almost half the amount of injuries during this regular season because its almost half the amount of games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    ^ I'm not talking about serious injuries. More games in a short amount of time will result in more minor tweeks. Like hamstring pulls for example. They talked to players on nhl home ice who played in the last short season who said this was an issue.