If Philly wants him and wouldnt mind paying 5-6 mil per year on a player that could add a spark to what seems to be a defense that needs one, why not give it a shot??
I just assume that the Flyers organization always thinks win first even in rebuilding situations. Ed Snider built this team with the "we ARE the best attitude" and I think having an aggressive GM like Holmgren is a great compliment to that attitude. Its no secret, guys want to play in Philadelphia....
1) The luck ain't goin' our way right now (pucks going off our skates in our net, bad bounces, bad calls)
2) Our defense is sloooowwwwwww. How many times do they get beat for easy icing calls? We don't have some of the quicker skaters we need to run a pinching defensive system. Kimmo is the only skater in the group and the dude's 50 years old.
3) Line combinations tonight were awful. Tye "I had 18 points all last season in the ****ing AHL" McGinn was on the PP tonight? That's what's going to fix the 2nd line PP? Tye McGinn? Fedetenko on the 2nd line? Why? And then we put Laughton, one of the few kids who's skating, playing hard and generally putting himself in the right place on the fourth? Why?
4) Dumbass, stupid, moronic penalties. You can tell there are guys who want to make something happen. Simmonds does, Giroux does, Hartnell does. Problem? They're doing it the wrong way. You know what you don't do? Rough the goalie right after Brayden Schenn does it the right way with hard forchecking. Momentum...gone. Giroux's all over the refs case all night. Now, I get it, they missed some stuff, but stop picking up unsportsmanlike conducts for *****ing them out. Hartnell's out there, half the time he's forechecking and bringing energy with his body, the other half of the time he's hitting people in the back, like the Buffalo game.
5) No one finishes. How many times is Wayne Simmonds going to have the puck on his stick in a scoring chance before it finally hits twine? He could have 5 goals right now, but instead he's got zero. Giroux missed a one-timer tonight. Laughton, love the energy, has missed open nets twice now. Hartnell's missed two or three. Put. It. In. The. Net. Just put it in.
That's not Lavy, that's the players. Part of it needs to be a little less defensive pinching because our guys don't have that makeup speed, but a lot of it is our guys doing stupid **** out there and putting everyone else in bad positions. Part of it is just line combinations tonight, but I'm hoping Lavy sees his personal mistake and changes that for next game (this, I will blame on him. They were awful tonight). Where was the backside defender for the first goal to pick up the rebound? Who left Kovy alone for that breakaway that lead to the penalty shot? None of that was Lavy. That's the biggest issue facing this team, imo, it's the boneheaded play by just about everyone.
Chewie....We're HomeDecember 18, 2015: The Story Continues
1908. I'd vote for you for president.
Great post 1908...
Although a few points / comments I would like to add in.
Luck is destroying us. These bounces are killing me, and the calls or lack there of....ouch
I thought Coburn was the only defender skating last night. While Like was a wrecking ball out there he needs to establish an offensive presence. Can't wait until Gus is healed up.
Gross and was himself, soid but nothing special. Mez needs to step up he needs to be the Mez of 2 yrs ago I know his Achilles..but yes team needs to start skating on defense, our defense is really not that bad at all I would even argue a possible top 10 def a top 15.
And yes these lines are a joke...Couts and B Schenn need to step up now! We need Danny Boy back
Not only the dumb penalties but also what is really killing me is the dumb icings they are making. Like when THEY ARE ON A PP. wtf
Speaking of PP....where is it? The opposing team has more goals on OUR pp this year then we do. That's not good lol
I hoe we seem some 1 st period life from these guys on Thursday
I'm on here a lot reading what other Flyers fans think, but I rarely post. I'm gonna come out here and say I agree with everything 1908 said.
B Schenn is having a hearing for a head shot in the 2nd period of the game. Did I miss it?