Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Next year the NFL will create a new Brady rule. If he kicks you it means you were too close to him and he gets an extra 15 yards and automatic 1st down.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    His point is why does he get fined for hurting people by being a football player and Brady gets nothing by doing something ON PURPOSE against the rules.
    To be 100% honest? Because Bernard Pollard is a black, defensive player that isn't really a superstar and isn't as good looking as Brady. As a result of those things, he doesnt have the fame of Brady, he doesnt have the jersey sales of Brady, he doesnt have the endorsements like Brady, he doesnt put fans in the stands or draw TV ratings like Brady, he doesn't get the publicity from the media that Brady does...

For the reasons I listed, as far as the NFL is concerned, Brady is too important to punish, Pollard is not
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    His point is why does he get fined for hurting people by being a football player and Brady gets nothing by doing something ON PURPOSE against the rules.
    Yah NO

A: it was not on purpose you have no proof
    B: He appologized right after he did it there for its a non story being made a story

vCash
    Brady, though, also apologized to Reed.

"You know, I understand Brady's point," Reed told WJF-FX, via NFL.com. "Him protecting himself. I know he's a great player. I respect Brady and his game for all it stands for, and I know he's not a dirty player. And emotions get going in the game.

"I told him -- you know, we talked. We talked actually not too long ago, we talked on the phone. He actually reached out to me, texted me. I tried to text him back, but the message exploded after 12 seconds, so I had to call him ... and he's just apologized and what not. But I told him, 'You know, it's good, man.'"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    Yah NO

A: it was not on purpose you have no proof
    B: He appologized right after he did it there for its a non story being made a story
    A: How is it any less intentional than Suh's attempt to kick Schaub in the nuts?
    B: So if he apologizes everything is cool? If Pollard apologized to Brady after injuring his knee would it have resulted in him not being fined for breaking a rule that didn't even exist yet?
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Brady, though, also apologized to Reed.

"You know, I understand Brady's point," Reed told WJF-FX, via NFL.com. "Him protecting himself. I know he's a great player. I respect Brady and his game for all it stands for, and I know he's not a dirty player. And emotions get going in the game.

"I told him -- you know, we talked. We talked actually not too long ago, we talked on the phone. He actually reached out to me, texted me. I tried to text him back, but the message exploded after 12 seconds, so I had to call him ... and he's just apologized and what not. But I told him, 'You know, it's good, man.'"
    Apologizing, though the right thing to do, doesn't absolve you from the consequences of a misdeed
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by c_reinert View Post
    A: How is it any less intentional than Suh's attempt to kick Schaub in the nuts?
    B: So if he apologizes everything is cool? If Pollard apologized to Brady after injuring his knee would it have resulted in him not being fined for breaking a rule that didn't even exist yet?
    Suh has a record of being a dirty player, Brady does NOT have that record. Yet I see people demanding he be suspended 2+ games, which is ludicrous. At most its a fine, But not a suspension

vCash
    Suh has a record of being a dirty player, Brady does NOT have that record. Yet I see people demanding he be suspended 2+ games, which is ludicrous. At most its a fine, But not a suspension
    Who cares about reputation? Yes, if you are a repeat offender you deserve to be penalized more severely, but simply because you dont have a "record of being a dirty player" doesnt mean you should be able to do something dirty and not face consequences
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Who cares about reputation? Yes, if you are a repeat offender you deserve to be penalized more severely, but simply because you dont have a "record of being a dirty player" doesnt mean you should be able to do something dirty and not face consequences
    which is why I said if its any punishment its a fine. but not a 2+ game suspension which would be outragous

vCash
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ded_by_the_NFL

2 games would be extremely excessive

vCash
    which is why I said if its any punishment its a fine. but not a 2+ game suspension which would be outragous
    How so? I would contest that attempting to kick another player in the balls while you are considered a "defenseless player" is far more reprehensible than unintentionally striking a player in the head (which is protected by a giant *** helmet)
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    yea me too. I'm unaware of his dirty plays
    count me in too. I'm unaware of his dirty plays
    Eagles offseason:
    Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    Sign/draft Outside LB
    Sign/draft Inside LB (Ryans Replacement)
    evulate/Sign/draft QB

vCash
    How so? I would contest that attempting to kick another player in the balls while you are considered a "defenseless player" is far more reprehensible than unintentionally striking a player in the head (which is protected by a giant *** helmet)
    He will most likely be fined, but you think he should get a 2+ game suspension?

which is the same that
    Michael Vick-dog fighting
    Charles Martin- injuring a QB
    Ndamukong Suh
    1 game more then James Harrison,Joe Mays
    etc...
    That would make absoultly zero sense.

I think its fine if he gets a fine (what ever the $$ be) but it would make no sense to suspend him for something that is not close to what those mentioned above did.
    Last edited by grandsalami; 01-23-2013 at 04:36 AM.

vCash
    He will most likely be fined, but you think he should get a 2+ game suspension?

which is the same that
    Michael Vick-dog fighting
    Charles Martin- injuring a QB
    Ndamukong Suh
    1 game more then James Harrison,Joe Mays
    etc...
    That would make absoultly zero sense.

I think its fine if he gets a fine (what ever the $$ be) but it would make no sense to suspend him for something that is not close to what those mentioned above did.
    Yes, think it warrants around a 2 game suspension.

I am not going to address the Vick and Martin comparisons because they are silly, I have not once implied that Brady deserves the same severity they received.

Suh: Yes, Brady did the exact same thing, why shouldnt he be punished the exact same way?
    Harrison and Mays: They were suspended for making helmet to helmet contact while attempting to make a tackle on a ball carrier while the play was still in progress. How is that worse than Brady having a protective halo around him as a "defenseless player" attempting to use his cleats to strike another player in their unprotected genitals as he was trying to avoid coming into contact with him?
    PSD's c_reinert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by srhorioles View Post
    I find it funny that the OP is complaining about Pollard crying for a penalty, when Brady does it all the time.

I will give Brady credit though, no crying on sunday, and he apoligized to Reed afterwards. Tom knew what he was doing
    OK but when has Pollard ever apologized for hurting other players? I never have?
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast