Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

81 pts... Kobe's best single game performance? No.

People forget that not too long before that 81 pt game, Kobe dropped 62 in 3 quarters vs the Mavs. I would argue that this was a far more impressive performance, and it is likely he would have topped 81 in that game, had he played in the 4th quarter. I'm still upset with Phil for that, would the best Baseball Manager of all time take out his pitcher who is throwing a perfect game... simply because his team is up 10-0?

- Kobe outscored the Mavs, 62-61 in the first 3 quarters
    - The Mavs went onto play in the Finals that year - they were a legit team, unlike Toronto
    - Kobe had less than 62 pts after 3 quarters in the Toronto game
    - Kobe had in'n'out before this game...ok jk I made that up (although it might not be far from the truth considering his 81pt pre game meal)

vCash
    Had kobe played the 4th he wouldve passed triple digits

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    Had kobe played the 4th he wouldve passed triple digits
    Ehh he may have ended up with 91
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    81 is legendary.

Looking back, the general NBA and Laker fan will look back at his 81 game performance. Only die hard LAL fans will remember or know of that Mavs game.

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    81 is legendary.

Looking back, the general NBA and Laker fan will look back at his 81 game performance. Only die hard LAL fans will remember or know of that Mavs game.
    Like us :-). Some day my son will ask me about that 81 point game, and I'll tell him, ya - I saw it live...but then I will tell him the little known story of the 62 pt mavs game, and how it was more impressive.

vCash
    They never show the Dallas game its proper respect, never

vCash
    I agree, I always thought the mavs game was his better game, Good to know others think that way as well.. But Avenged24 is right, nobody's going to remember that game except Laker fans and everyone will remember the 81 point game.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Didnt he do that TWICE against Dallas?

vCash
    i always thought the 100 point game was watered down because how tall wilt was compared to who played back then but then i found out that they fouled the other team to stop the clock and let him get more shots so i really believe kobes 81 is better because he did it with the natural flow of the game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimos21 View Post
    People forget that not too long before that 81 pt game, Kobe dropped 62 in 3 quarters vs the Mavs. I would argue that this was a far more impressive performance, and it is likely he would have topped 81 in that game, had he played in the 4th quarter. I'm still upset with Phil for that, would the best Baseball Manager of all time take out his pitcher who is throwing a perfect game... simply because his team is up 10-0?

- Kobe outscored the Mavs, 62-61 in the first 3 quarters
    - The Mavs went onto play in the Finals that year - they were a legit team, unlike Toronto
    - Kobe had less than 62 pts after 3 quarters in the Toronto game
    - Kobe had in'n'out before this game...ok jk I made that up (although it might not be far from the truth considering his 81pt pre game meal)
    This 7th anniversary tribute or celebration doesn't mean anything. THey lost to the Raps recently.

vCash
    That was the greatest game I've ever seen.. Kobe out scored the entire mavs through 3 quarters.. He couldn't miss
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 54
    Yards: 779
    Tds: 10

vCash
    62 in 3 quarters will always be more impressive to me. I have no doubt he would have broke the scoring record. It was an absolute honor watching Kobe in his prime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeboy1487 View Post
    62 in 3 quarters will always be more impressive to me. I have no doubt he would have broke the scoring record. It was an absolute honor watching Kobe in his prime.
    Yup, it's too bad most laker fans take Kobe for granted. We will never see another player like kobe.

vCash
    i recorded the NBA TV rebroadcast today... gonna watch it later

vCash
    The 62 point explosion against Dallas in 3 quarters was more impressive simply because Dallas was a much better opponent and he outscored the entire Mavs team through 3 quarters.... That type of stuff is unheard of and KB was a machine back then. People also forget that same Dallas team went to the finals that year and so they weren't some chump team.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast