Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The Vikings Had the Most Difficult Schedule of Any Playoff Team Last Season.....

But everyone can keep saying that we just made the playoffs because we played a "soft schedule"

http://nfltraderumors.co/2012-nfl-strength-of-schedule/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJohn View Post
    But everyone can keep saying that we just made the playoffs because we played a "soft schedule"

http://nfltraderumors.co/2012-nfl-strength-of-schedule/
    Let them hate. That was a tough schedule. We are going to be even better this year

THIS IS PHOTO EVIDENCE THAT GOINGFOR28 GETS PAID FOR DOING THIS

vCash
    Well suck it up because our schedule is even harder next year.

vCash
    We did our best in our toughest stretch, 5-3 over those last 8 games is just crazy, not to mention beating Chicago, Green Bay, St. Louis and Houston.

Next year I have high expectations, not sure if we can match only because of AD's natural regression, but I think more balance could lead to a better year.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ellesmeire View Post
    We did our best in our toughest stretch, 5-3 over those last 8 games is just crazy, not to mention beating Chicago, Green Bay, St. Louis and Houston.

Next year I have high expectations, not sure if we can match only because of AD's natural regression, but I think more balance could lead to a better year.

Yeah, AP will come back to earth a little bit probably, but hopefully Ponder can progress enough where he can pick up some of that slack. If not, our search for a QB is on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    Yeah, AP will come back to earth a little bit probably, but hopefully Ponder can progress enough where he can pick up some of that slack. If not, our search for a QB is on.
    I am expecting 1600 yards, but damn its AP. If he said he wanted to break the record this next year, i would be inclined to believe him.

On Ponder, if he doesn't show true progression and consistency how can we not dump him and move on?

vCash
    Ya the Vikes had a brutal schedule down the home stretch. Back were against the wall and we played our best ball. If Ponder keeps getting better which so far it's showing he is then AP will not even come close to 2000 unless he averages 10 ypc, lol. The main reason, look at 2009 season, you'd think having Favre AP would have just ripped it up. He had a great season but averaged a career low 4.4 ypc. The reason is with a legit QB the Safety's actually play Safety. That year AP didn't break a lot of long runs. This year (& the years with TJack) AP has to face 8-9 man fronts but that is feast or famine for the D because if he clears that 8th man it game over.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    I am expecting 1600 yards, but damn its AP. If he said he wanted to break the record this next year, i would be inclined to believe him.

On Ponder, if he doesn't show true progression and consistency how can we not dump him and move on?

Yeah, I don't like to doubt AP either, but it's fair to assume he might not duplicate this last. Of course, he always could.

Yeah, make or break year for Ponder.

vCash
    "Down to earth" for AP means 1500-1600 yards. The schedule next year looks tough, but we could easily be able to go 3-1 against the NFC East and 2-2 against the AFC North. Carolina should be a win. We should sweep the Lions again. We should get at least splits with the Packers and Bears, and maybe sweep the Bears if they struggle in their transitional year. That means 10-11 wins again. The playoffs are the only thing I'd consider a "good" season this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by montybeasty View Post
    Well suck it up because our schedule is even harder next year.
    Home: Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Philadelphia, Washington, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Carolina
    Away: Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Dallas, NY Giants, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Seattle

yup
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Home: Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Philadelphia, Washington, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Carolina
    Away: Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Dallas, NY Giants, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Seattle

yup
    We might get luck with Washington and play them week 1 potentially without RGIII. There is a good chance that we are going to open with a home game, then go on the road to NY, followed by the London trip to play Pittsburgh.

There is a low chance that we will play a divisional game in week one, so we will most likely get one of Washington, Cleveland, Carolina, or Philly.

Also look for our week 17 game to be at Chicago. We have alternated home and away each year and have played @Detroit and at home against the Packers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    Also look for our week 17 game to be at Chicago. We have alternated home and away each year and have played @Detroit and at home against the Packers.
    You're probably right about it rotating, but I hope it's against Green Bay again, just because I expect us and the Packers to be the top two teams in the division next year.

vCash
    I want to play RG3 again,,the first game was a fluke, we weren't ready for that kind of play,,,now we are.