Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Mike D'antoni: fire or resign?

To date, all Lakers fans are being embarrassed seeing a team that has the potential to be at least among the top 8, losing to teams whose payrolls are less than half.

It makes no sense arrive disqualified for the playoffs to the All Star Break, with a manager who could not create chemistry between the players. Bickerstaff showed that could convincingly play with this team, however the "inelegant" Dántony hiring, surprised everyone and began the dismantling of what had begun Bickerstaff.

He has been stubborn, insistent to the point of giving up Pau Gasol and relegate him to be a simple player even when it should stimulate him to play with the claws of a Garnett or Bryant. It has failed to stimulate Howard looks more worried for everything but for the team. He want that a team without players with skills to finish a fast break, play that style. Who has seen Artest run side by side for dunk the ball? ... Who says Darious Morris could finish a fastbreak like Kobe? ... No one except Kobe or Howard can run the floor on a fastbreak ... But D'antony insists ...

Along the way we go, with the hasty and stubborn way to handle the team, we will end without playoffs, without Pau Gasol, without Howard and hopefully without coach.

D `antony should resign. It's nothing to get ya. The team is poised to miss the playoffs and he doesnt have to be there for that.

Bickertsaff, should spend the rest of the season as interim manager before looking for someone else ... Let's give him a chance to a guy that gave us a nice breathe in a hard moment, and kick out to whom have become us clowns for the past months.

vCash
    Sounds like D'Antoni's other knee might be needing surgery soon..... :-).

vCash
    You do know that if you resign you forego the $$$ in your contract don't you? Why would he give up 8 figures?

vCash
    He needs to go down in flames!

2014 CHAMPIONS

vCash
    It would be great if they could just fire him and be done with it...But we all know it's not that easy. And we also know that the honorable thing to do would be to walk away.....D'Antoni is no fool, He's not going to walk away fom millions of dollars and besides his agent wouldn't let him even if he wanted to.

So what to do?

The Lakers need to admit fault and come to a amicable settlement for him to walk away, Much like what Phoenix just did with Alvin Gentry. Then allow Bickerstaff to finish season and conduct a proper coaching search. The media will kill the Lakers for it, But in the long run this is what needs to happen.
    Last edited by midwestlaker75; 01-22-2013 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    thats what D'antoni supporters get for wanting him in L.A.

vCash
    Didnt Dan Tony resign from the Knicks job?

vCash
    agree 100% - resign

vCash
    Fuego

vCash
    If we keep losing, i think there could be a chance he resigns. But if not, he will be fired comes season end.

vCash
    Just offer him a severance bonus and have him resign from his contract. Save some face or what little Jim Buss and management has left after it has been blown off of its skull by this pathetic excuse of a "superteam".

vCash
    QUIT
    DO what the government does.

Say you quit but in actuality that they fired him.

2014 CHAMPIONS

vCash
    101 users? only three registered members? L

2014 CHAMPIONS

vCash
    All I know is he needs to go NOW. I don't care how. Pay him the rest of his contract but just get rid of him. I've had enough. Getting a new coach this late into the season isn't ideal but I'd rather take that risk instead of standing pat and watching them play on like this. I mean seriously, I haven't seen ANY kind of improvement since D'Antoni took over and to be honest, I don't see them turning it around under that clueless idio... I'm sorry... 'offensive genius'.
    The saddest part is, that many of us knew D'Antoni wasn't the right coach for this team. Didn't expect them to be THIS bad though.

vCash
    He should resign based on the false advertising. He was hired to be a coach but he is just a clown masquerading as a jack***.

We shouldn't owe him anything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast