Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    What makes you say Vollmer seems gone? Is it just the injury history?

Some desperate team is gonna pay that kid. I could see him getting a very hefty contract, and BB saying goodbye.

vCash
    agreed..you could slot Vollmer at either tackle slot and he could hold his own. Hes going to get paid.

vCash
    On Thursday one of Armond Armstead’s former USC teammates had high praise for the new Patriots defensive lineman. Today, it was the guy who recruited him to the school, former Trojans boss and current Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll, who spoke glowingly of Armstead.

“Armond is a great kid,” Carroll said. “He would have…when we recruited him we thought of him as being a high-round draft pick, like a one or two type of draft pick. A big ol’ defensive end that we’d play on the tight end side and be a factor for a long time. He’s real long and athletic with a good basketball background and all that. He’s a really good kid. He just had a difficult turn with the whole medical side of things. And he’s overcome it I guess. I guess he did pretty good up north and it’s great that he has a chance to come back.”

The more we hear about Armstead the more excited Patriots fans should be about what the USC product brings to the team.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Imagine if vega hits too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    On Thursday one of Armond Armstead’s former USC teammates had high praise for the new Patriots defensive lineman. Today, it was the guy who recruited him to the school, former Trojans boss and current Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll, who spoke glowingly of Armstead.

“Armond is a great kid,” Carroll said. “He would have…when we recruited him we thought of him as being a high-round draft pick, like a one or two type of draft pick. A big ol’ defensive end that we’d play on the tight end side and be a factor for a long time. He’s real long and athletic with a good basketball background and all that. He’s a really good kid. He just had a difficult turn with the whole medical side of things. And he’s overcome it I guess. I guess he did pretty good up north and it’s great that he has a chance to come back.”

The more we hear about Armstead the more excited Patriots fans should be about what the USC product brings to the team.
    I've only heard great things about the Armstead family. His younger brother plays for Oregon, and both Mondo and Arik are close and they have a great family in general. Mondo wants to be great and will fit in perfectly in the NE locker-room. As long as his heart issues are behind him, I expect him to be a contributor next season.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Great signing. I was excited about this guy when we first worked him out awhile back. He'll have Wilfork as a mentor, sounds great.

Don't need a DT this year, have other needs to fill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Great signing. I was excited about this guy when we first worked him out awhile back. He'll have Wilfork as a mentor, sounds great.

Don't need a DT this year, have other needs to fill.
    If this guy is as good or better than Love - and Love and Wilfork remain healthy.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12