Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

After last night's game Howard brought a stat sheet around the locker room.

After the game he brought a stat sheet around the locker room to show some teammates and reporters how he got only five field-goal attempts ... a few minutes before the demoted Gasol spoke gracefully across the room about "not pointing fingers, owning up to our responsibilities, wanting to get out of this and having the pride necessary that it takes to utilize our talents and go beat the opponent no matter who it is, no matter where we are."

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/how...kers-team.html

Do you have a problem with this?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinnum1
    Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery. Hate on. - 7/31/2012

vCash
    No I don't. He is literally bigger than most players. He should be getting at least 15 shots a game.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    No I don't. He is literally bigger than most players. He should be getting at least 15 shots a game.
    and yet his offense sucks, and he can't make FT's if fouled so why should he be featured?
    if anything, he should be getting feeds from nash off PnR, lobs, put backs, etc. he can't create his own offense so he should stick to getting easy buckets.

and what he did was a douche move. he's trying to undermine the coach, the system, other players, etc.

vCash
    i guess thats one way of making your point be heard.

LETS GO HEAT

vCash
    yes, hes bigger then most. but he plays small. worse trade ever, we got shafted
    UNCOMMON
    ACTS 11:9

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    and yet his offense sucks, and he can't make FT's if fouled so why should he be featured?
    if anything, he should be getting feeds from nash off PnR, lobs, put backs, etc. he can't create his own offense so he should stick to getting easy buckets.

and what he did was a douche move. he's trying to undermine the coach, the system, other players, etc.
    I disagree, I mean i dislike Howard but we all know what he did for Orlando and to deny that is just angry hatred. He will demand a double team every time he gets in the low post. Kobe is taking way too many contested shots and not letting everyone touch the ball. Sure Kobe is great and there is no denying that but he needs to play a different role at his age.
    The Big Three!!

vCash
    dwight has the maturity of a 14 year old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbadmoffo View Post
    I disagree, I mean i dislike Howard but we all know what he did for Orlando and to deny that is just angry hatred. He will demand a double team every time he gets in the low post. Kobe is taking way too many contested shots and not letting everyone touch the ball. Sure Kobe is great and there is no denying that but he needs to play a different role at his age.
    Blaming it on Kobe despite the valid points the original guy you quoted made. Address those please

vCash
    It's who he is...

vCash
    He also went the line 8 times and turned it over 4 times. That's 13 shots Howard your freaking idiot. It's not Kobe or anyone elses fault you are only good enough to get 8 points on 13 shot attempts. This guy may be the most overrated player in the history of sports right now. I know he used to be good but he never should have been considered good enough to make the Lakers the obvious favorites. It should have been noted when the Lakers got him that he is the biggest cancer in sports history and would possibly ruin the Lakers franchise too. I was only one I can remember talking about that when they got him. Everyone else thought his "talent" would out weigh any distraction.

Lakers really need to trade this god awful human being. I am going to go out on a limb and say no team with Howard will ever make a deep playoff run. He is worse than TO. This is probably the best example to date. Bringing in a score sheet to blame your teammates for you not being able to hold onto the ball or make FT's.

vCash
    Every big man would be frustrated with that, and this has become a season-long issue...a career long issue too. Remember him barking in the playoffs a few years ago about touches? It's not a new thing with him.

Finding ways to get Howard touches, and more importantly FGAs, was always a huge point of contention among us Magic fans. He's a great offensive player, don't get that wrong, but you can't simply feed him the ball early in the shot clock when he's in bad position and expect good results. You have to run creative offensive sets...something it seems the Lakers aren't really doing.

Hakeem used to talk about how he wanted the ball fed to early in the game 3-4 times in a row just to show defenses he was there and that he was going to be incorporated, and just to get the ball moving. I think the Lakers do need to make an effort to get Dwight going earlier on. Force the issue early on and then let the offense develop from there.

That offense is to predictable. It's not complex. The ball movement has been atrocious in games I've seen. Dwight isn't Shaq or Hakeem, but he DEFINITELY needs to be incorporated more readily.

vCash

I agree. Even though i think James and Howard are still unpolished as players atleast James went hard and can go hard where Howard is a stright punk without post skill..he has a decent left hand,but he cannot really play as well as he should. He is a super duper glorified garbage man . he is like Bill Russell(w/o rings and Leadership) , people need to except it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    He also went the line 8 times and turned it over 4 times. That's 13 shots Howard your freaking idiot. It's not Kobe or anyone elses fault you are only good enough to get 8 points on 13 shot attempts. This guy may be the most overrated player in the history of sports right now. I know he used to be good but he never should have been considered good enough to make the Lakers the obvious favorites. It should have been noted when the Lakers got him that he is the biggest cancer in sports history and would possibly ruin the Lakers franchise too. I was only one I can remember talking about that when they got him. Everyone else thought his "talent" would out weigh any distraction.

Lakers really need to trade this god awful human being. I am going to go out on a limb and say no team with Howard will ever make a deep playoff run. He is worse than TO. This is probably the best example to date. Bringing in a score sheet to blame your teammates for you not being able to hold onto the ball or make FT's.
    This is a pretty poor post.

1. It's not 13 "shots". Yes, he got to the line a lot, yes he turns it over a lot, but he still is a far more efficient scorer than anyone else they have.

2. Kobe shouldn't be averaging more than twice as many shots a game as him. Factor in TOs and FTs, and it remains the same ratio. Kobe turns it over just as much and gets to the line almost just as much.

3. Big men can't give themselves the ball. They do rely on guards to get them involved, period.

4. Calling a guy overrated because he's having a bad half of a season on a brand new team after a serious surgery with two new coaches and so on is a bit disingenuous. Nothing about his play in Orlando was ever "overrated".

5. Awful human being? Maybe. But there is no better franchise cornerstone than him. It would be a huge mistake to give up on him. Look at what he accomplished in Orlando. Imagine what he could do in a place like LA where FAs flock to.

6. You're pinning way too much blame, probably because you're frustrated, on him. The offense hasn't been the problem 80% of the time, and he's about ALL you have on defense. Trade him, and things get worse.

7. With a smart offense led by people who are willing to be patient and make an extra pass he can be an absolute weapon. Unfortunately, that's just not working yet. The offense hasn't been tailored for his play, and that's not his fault. It's amazing how poorly they've done that. It's not that hard. The Magic got it done without really a semblance of a playmaker besides Hedo freaking Turkoglu.

I hope for the sake of the spoiled Lakers fans (you are spoiled, that's not a bad thing...I wish I were) they give up on him. They'll be throwing something really good away. A 27 year-old franchise center is about as rare as a unicorn.

vCash

This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Every big man would be frustrated with that, and this has become a season-long issue...a career long issue too. Remember him barking in the playoffs a few years ago about touches? It's not a new thing with him.

Finding ways to get Howard touches, and more importantly FGAs, was always a huge point of contention among us Magic fans. He's a great offensive player, don't get that wrong, but you can't simply feed him the ball early in the shot clock when he's in bad position and expect good results. You have to run creative offensive sets...something it seems the Lakers aren't really doing.

Hakeem used to talk about how he wanted the ball fed to early in the game 3-4 times in a row just to show defenses he was there and that he was going to be incorporated, and just to get the ball moving. I think the Lakers do need to make an effort to get Dwight going earlier on. Force the issue early on and then let the offense develop from there.

That offense is to predictable. It's not complex. The ball movement has been atrocious in games I've seen. Dwight isn't Shaq or Hakeem, but he DEFINITELY needs to be incorporated more readily.

And this is exactly where D'Antoni has failed BIG TIME. Where the hell are Nash & Dwight PnRs??? Dwight's strength isn't posting up but being the roll man. It's not like Dwight gets not touches. but the touches he gets are in bad position and often don't result in FGAs.
    I thought this was the main reason they brought D'Antoni here to implement the offense he's known for. And that's why I don't get that he's still allowed to call himself HC of the Lakers.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast