Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I'm just going to say this, I coach football. Not even close to the NFL level, but still understand preparation, and having the players understanding the game plan and getting focused on the the opponent and what plays we will run. Now your going to tell me after a week of preparation and getting the team ready for the biggest game of there lives and yours, your going to scratch everything and start fresh on the the Friday before the Super Bowl. That does not happen. Even with the center tripping out, u have a back up that should know the game plan too, there professionals. I'm not excepting the center leaving, so I have too toss the game plan that's b.s. Maybe he got cold feet or something but its not adding up to me.

vCash
    well Ill add this much, i went out to take a couple of Rips of Chronic during halftime, and some announcer on radio was saying he asked Brooks(TB LBer) if he had any thoughts on the first half and he said
    "ITS CRAZY,WE HAVE PRACTICED FOR EVERY PLAY THEY HAVE RUN SO FAR".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    well Ill add this much, i went out to take a couple of Rips of Chronic during halftime, and some announcer on radio was saying he asked Brooks(TB LBer) if he had any thoughts on the first half and he said

vCash
    No doubt Callahan was a poor head coach. Gruden embarrassed him in the Super Bowl and he embarrassed himself at Nebraska. Tampa Bay scored 18 points off of pick-6's that day. It was a complete ambush, I really felt for Gannon. Despite all of that, the game was competitive after the blocked punt, to little to late.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    ****. Don't remind me.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Just watched the whole game in its entirely, for the first time, never even watched the highlights. I remembered it as a rout but we were winning the battle through the first quarter. A more conservative game-plan would have allowed out talent to prevail. Sucks.

vCash
    This many years later, I honestly don't care. I am still more sour about the Tuck Rule Game than I am the 2003 SB.

Like many things in the past, what does this change? If anything, it might changed the minds of some HOF voters in regards to Tim and his chances of getting into an already crowded list of WRs waiting to get in!

vCash
    I remember some banter in 2003 about Callahan sabotaging the Raiders offense. I also remember the Monday Night game against Denver early in the season where Gannon was going off on Trestman and Callahan on the sidelines, our chance at a Super Bowl left with Gruden, sadly. You know, Tim is just being real, and he is old school. But the game has changed to favor the Marc Trestman's of the world.

Update:

Callahan's response. I was unaware that he and the players had such a rift.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50557172/ns/sports-nfl/
    Last edited by Proximo; 01-23-2013 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Link to Callahan's response.

vCash
    Didn't see the above post. Accidentally re-posted Bill's response.
    Last edited by QRaiderFan4life; 01-23-2013 at 02:58 AM. Reason: proximo already posted his response

Quote Originally Posted by JMClarkent View Post
    That looked like someones over-aggressive uncle playing football with a bunch of 9 year old boys...

vCash
    Tim Brown's latest comments. Maybe being the last of the Los Angeles Raiders is getting to him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-bowl/related/

vCash
    While I agree with Brown, Rice, Garner, etc., why wait until now to make noise about it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Raider#81 View Post
    I'm just going to say this, I coach football. Not even close to the NFL level, but still understand preparation, and having the players understanding the game plan and getting focused on the the opponent and what plays we will run. Now your going to tell me after a week of preparation and getting the team ready for the biggest game of there lives and yours, your going to scratch everything and start fresh on the the Friday before the Super Bowl. That does not happen. Even with the center tripping out, u have a back up that should know the game plan too, there professionals. I'm not excepting the center leaving, so I have too toss the game plan that's b.s. Maybe he got cold feet or something but its not adding up to me.

Yup!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdave View Post
    Jerry Rice and charlie garner agee with brown, they are both superbowl winners. The fact that he didnt change the playbook, then ran plays that played into bucs strength says a lot. Nebraska fans hate callahan too. Then we were 4-12 next year under Callahan. btw...I think Barret Robbins should sue Callahan for screwing up his(robbins) life....Oh..you dont care because Tim Brown did not go to syracuse.
    When did Garner get a ring?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superglue View Post
    - Agrees to take over as head coach of a team he "hates"

- Has team play well enough to make it into the Super Bowl anyway

- Oh look, best friend Gruden is Super Bowl opponent

- Decides to lose Super Bowl to screw over Raiders and help Gruden

- Ends up coaching Big 12 team and then assistant coach with NY Jets

Really? Sounds legit

Yet 50% in here still believe it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    As far fetched as tanking the game sounds, I will go with Brown on this. Only cause brown is a life long Raider that I loved as a Kid and I can't stand Callahan.

The following year Callahan did hate the Raiders and let it be known.
    I guess a few players were mad about the coach changing the game plan at such short notice and still wonder why he did it to this day.

I know Robbins is Bi-Polar but just maybe this is why he bolted for Mexico a day before the game.
    So you are admitting to your lack of objectivity?

None of what Brown says makes any sense.

They abandoned the run in week 2 v. Pittsburgh so the claim we had a run heavy game plan isn't credible when we didn't run the ball all season.

Brown sounds like he is making **** up.

I am losing respect for Tim Brown and think he had some ulterior motive to claim this.

I would be furious with the coach if he did this and the fact that many players say its BS says that not everybody knew.

How would that be possible unless the rest of them missed team meetings, chalk talk, game film sessions, and practices?

Brown sounds like a nutcase.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast