Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLa_Land View Post
    Statistically? Sure he is better. A lot of players in the league are better than Kobe statistically.

But is he a transcendant player yet? No IMO, he is a supremely talented offensive player
    Has he won a single title yet? No
    Has he been voted to 15 all-star games? No
    Has he won an MVP? No
    Has he won any finals MVPs? No
    Has he made 11 first-team all defensive squads? No

I could go on and on. If Kevin Durant was better NOW than Kobe ever was, we would be making direct comparisons to Jordan, Magic, etc. That would be a ludacris conclusion to draw.

As of now, Durant is the most talented individual scorer in the league (Melo is a close second). But please guys, do not undermine the dream-like career that Kobe has had. Amidst all of the hate, legal controversies, and dealing with Shaq's Jordan-like ego, Kobe has still managed to carve out a permanent niche amongst the best 12 or so players of all time. Durant has to win TITLES to be "better than kobe was" regardless of his stats.

A much more realistic argument: "Is Kevin Durant already better than Tracy McGrady or Carmelo ever was"
    carmelo? lmao.. anyways tracey vs kobe is also a legitimate argument as well i don't know why you're listing accolades when we're not comparing careers.

vCash
    As a an individual, overall basketball player... Yes, Kevin Durant is better than Kobe ever was.

It took Kobe TEN more shots on average to score FIVE more points. Just think about that.

Kobe is known for his scoring ability, and KD absolutely ***** on Kobe in that aspect... Soooo, yeah. No brainer here.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HouRealCoach View Post
    I'm not going to overrate Kobe but there is NO CHANCE IN HELL that Durant is already better than Kobe lmao

Coming from me that means something lol
    Took the exact words right out of my mouth. Completely agree
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Hell no, he (Durant) is too humble of a player and I only like humble players.
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    He lost with HCA, while having 5 time champion Derek Fisher coming off the bench!
    PWND!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    Wow. Kobe has been in the league so long everyone here forgets how dominate he was or you all are just to young and just live in a Lebron/Durrant era. I have watched Kobe since highschool and all these new kids in the NBA today. The man was unstoppable! He took a team starting Smush Parker and Kwame Brown 7 games against the #1 seed lol The man had what 8 straight 40 pt games tieing Jordan? a 81 pt game. Kobe could single handily beat you and he did.

Also you all need to remember something VERY important! The first 10 years of Kobe's career he played in a NBA where you were allowed to play defense. When the NBA was still a mans game. A flagrant foul was just a foul, there were no T's for talking smack. It was rough. Durrant would be man handled physically and Lebron would not get the love he gets today which is the most untouched and 1's in the NBA. Lebron and Durrant wouldnt know what to do when the NBA was still a mans game. I know one thing for sure their numbers wouldn't be as good.

This and this!

vCash
    Lol

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    As a an individual, overall basketball player... Yes, Kevin Durant is better than Kobe ever was.

It took Kobe TEN more shots on average to score FIVE more points. Just think about that.

Kobe is known for his scoring ability, and KD absolutely ***** on Kobe in that aspect... Soooo, yeah. No brainer here.
    Says the durant cokc gobbler!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    Lol
    ^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    Says the durant cokc gobbler!
    You have Kobe as your avatar, and his two numbers in your username. Excuse me?

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Last edited by bucketss; 01-22-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: double post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    Wow. Kobe has been in the league so long everyone here forgets how dominate he was or you all are just to young and just live in a Lebron/Durrant era. I have watched Kobe since highschool and all these new kids in the NBA today. The man was unstoppable! He took a team starting Smush Parker and Kwame Brown 7 games against the #1 seed lol The man had what 8 straight 40 pt games tieing Jordan? a 81 pt game. Kobe could single handily beat you and he did.

Also you all need to remember something VERY important! The first 10 years of Kobe's career he played in a NBA where you were allowed to play defense. When the NBA was still a mans game. A flagrant foul was just a foul, there were no T's for talking smack. It was rough. Durrant would be man handled physically and Lebron would not get the love he gets today which is the most untouched and 1's in the NBA. Lebron and Durrant wouldnt know what to do when the NBA was still a mans game. I know one thing for sure their numbers wouldn't be as good.
    yeah they would just go home crying to their mothers.. have you forgotten lebron would be just as strong and big as them? he would obviously hit back. durant would get use to it his game wouldn't be all that effected since he would be one of the best pure shooters in the game. also i wouldn't say ten years you think the nba was still like tha till 2007?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    Well since your 14 and never got to see early 2000's ball I'll tell you. Kobe was a great defensive player . This is a well known fact.
    haha I'm probably older than you, but it doesnt matter, that would be a pretty petty argument to get into, it pretty much shows your age and/or maturity.

funny how Kobe fans are now bringing up people's age and "you're too young to understand" to defend Kobe, when that was always a pretty central issue in the Kobe vs MJ debates. It's cute how the world comes full circle like that. Kobe fans are all grown up now!

A lot of people agree Kobe's 12 All-NBA defensive teams were mostly courtesy awards.

I'll admit that Kobe deserves those awards when Lakers fans will admit that Steve Nash deserved his 2 MVPs.
    Or are only the awards that Kobe wins legit, while anything he doesn't win is rigged?

vCash
    This is the easiest question to answer....YES, he is.

Put Durant on the Laker teams that had Shaq and Gasol and they easily win the championships that year as well. Put Kobe on this OKC team and he would be fighting with westbrook and be hovering around .500.

It's funny how only Laker fans and Kobe supporters are saying Kobe is better. That should tell the whole story right there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    I know, that's what we always hear. And hell he still makes all defensive 1st teams. Must be elite, right!

But why does every stat, especially the ones that agree Bruce Bowen was a monster defensive presence, think Kobe was a non-factor or slight liability on that end?

I'm thinking it's because the media loves to focus on 1v1 lockdown D in certain situations, but looks past the rest of the game and everything else it takes to be an elite defender.

But volume+efficiency may very well make you just that. At least as far as scoring goes.

And stop with the career accolades, we're talking about KD at this very moment versus the very best of Kobe.
    Why? the only goal is to win so why does being more efficienct mean your better. The only thing being more efficient makes you is more efficient, that is it. Why even have this forum. Theres nothing to discuss just list the numbers and thats, that.

All things being equal who in there prime is "more" likley to win you a ring? Heart, talent, will, skill I think kobe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjay33 View Post
    Why? the only goal is to win so why does being more efficienct mean your better. The only thing being more efficient makes you is more efficient, that is it. Why even have this forum. Theres nothing to discuss just list the numbers and thats, that.

All things being equal who in there prime is "more" likley to win you a ring? Heart, talent, will, skill I think kobe.
    You don't think the Lakers three-peat in the early 2000's with prime KD instead of Kobe (note: KD hasn't even reached his prime yet).

vCash
    Durant was a backupsmallforward to RASHARD LEWIS for his first 3-4yrs(Somehow they managed to free up the franchise player DURANT by trading those in front/competing with him), why didnt LA do same thing with JONES/EXEL for KOBE to bring them rings in 96-97?

This is DURANTS 1st full season starting fulltime so hes neck in neck with KOBE, nobody has the edge...they both were backup players turned allstars

and of course im being funny, DURANT better, and i dont need a PER/WS% and none of that other dumb **** i see people posting on here and abroad

and he doesnt have to win rings to be a better individual player,no player does..it goes back to WILT vs RUSS days and now today with PARKER 3 vs IVERSON 0...now switch players with teams and it'll be even more rings for WILT right, and a handful on AI's hand right?

and getting JORDAN comparisons because you raped his entire persona/game/walk/talk/interview makes you a mediahyped project

Now calling KOBE a really good shot taker sounds about right

KOBE is MELO without those ''5'' rings, just think about MELO in DEN for those 7yrs or so and he got put out everytime in 1st rd right? now go check out KOBE basically in same situation from 05-07 and its basically same thing, no 1st rd advance and no playoffs 1yr, now add 4more yrs to a 40-42win team....yea i smell, MELO(MELO was avg 34ppg before AI/suspension came, similar to KOBE 35ppg in 2006 right?)

If DURANT was in OKC and was doing 6thman duties but was starting on Allstar teams the league/fans/pundits would have they panties in a bunch crying wolf...but when it happens in LA/NYC market, its called 'developing into a superstar''....not in my book, its called a developing player, you know not that good but maybe oneday could be 'good' ...not HOF top 5 ever, but a 'good' NBA player whos had 'great' moments from hardwork dedication(backup to 3guards)

i think psd is mad because i speak it on a equal level field...i look at all players same 'on court' wise....that talk about 'how they act offcourt'' ******** is for psd/espn etc

game is game(especially your own ID/game), no rings need to apply
    Last edited by 3RDASYSTEM; 01-22-2013 at 09:05 PM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast