Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    Stupid thread. One player is in the 17th season of his career (with multiple accolades and rings) and the other is in his 6th season (with some accolades and no rings) – that’s over a decade longer that Kobe has been playing in the NBA. Re-post this in about 4-5 years at the earliest.
    we're not talking about their careers so all those accolades don't mean anything. is durant right now a better player than kobe bryant ever was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    Stupid thread. One player is in the 17th season of his career (with multiple accolades and rings) and the other is in his 6th season (with some accolades and no rings) – that’s over a decade longer that Kobe has been playing in the NBA. Re-post this in about 4-5 years at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    Kobe was a phenominal defender in his prime sorry buddy.
    can you back this up with anything or should we just trust your unbiased opinion?

vCash
    THis is ridiculous. People forget too quickly and I hate Kobe.

The black mamba was ridiculous. Efficiency does not make you a better player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    Kobe was a phenominal defender in his prime sorry buddy.
    I know, that's what we always hear. And hell he still makes all defensive 1st teams. Must be elite, right!

But why does every stat, especially the ones that agree Bruce Bowen was a monster defensive presence, think Kobe was a non-factor or slight liability on that end?

I'm thinking it's because the media loves to focus on 1v1 lockdown D in certain situations, but looks past the rest of the game and everything else it takes to be an elite defender.

Quote Originally Posted by STA_PLAR View Post
    THis is ridiculous. People forget too quickly and I hate Kobe.

The black mamba was ridiculous. Efficiency does not make you a better player.
    But volume+efficiency may very well make you just that. At least as far as scoring goes.

And stop with the career accolades, we're talking about KD at this very moment versus the very best of Kobe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    can you back this up with anything or should we just trust your unbiased opinion?
    Don't bother...he gets offended when ppl bash Kobe. Don't be surprise if he brings the ring argument into the debate

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    we're not talking about their careers so all those accolades don't mean anything. is durant right now a better player than kobe bryant ever was.
    Okay, I misinterpreted the question.

Yes, Durant's current season is arguably better statistically than Kobe’s 2005-06 season (which can be argued to be Kobe’s best season).

vCash
    We have so many TS and WinShare and Points per 48 minutes type of people in this forum/website. All that stuff does not make a player better than another.

Basketball has gone through changes and different eras. The era KObe, TMAC and Carter played in was one of inefficient "ME" type of basketball. KObe excelled above all the other swingman of the time.

Now basketball has become a MORE team sport. Where you need more than 2 all stars and a really deep team to truly showcase talent.

Im not taking anything away from Durant or Lebron but I dont think they could have matched up to Kobes hunger and willpower in his prime.

The man would score 62 in 3 quarters on Dallas. How the **** do you outscore a team through 3 quarters? Not to mention his defense was way better than Durants.

He has been All-NBA defensive team numerous times.

I dont know if most of the psoters in here or 18 or they just dont know basketball.

Soon people are going to say Lebron was better than Jordan bcus of his winshares and TS and blah blah.

Leave the statistics to mathematicians, it is not EVERYTHING in basketball. I do admit it plays a key role in many arguments but not all.

vCash
    KD might wind up with better year than we've seen from both Kobe and Lebron.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...anko01&y3=2006

vCash
    ^ yeah guys, forget about advanced stats and all that complicated stuff, All-NBA awards is the most accurate indication....................

vCash
    ^^^ So which one of your "stats" shows durant has an inch on kobe when it comes to defense. Steals? blocks? drawing charges?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STA_PLAR View Post
    ^^^ So which one of your "stats" shows durant has an inch on kobe when it comes to defense. Steals? blocks? drawing charges?
    Kobe might be a better defender, but some of you act like he's one of the GOATs all-time defensively or something. ESPN shows highlights of one game in a blue moon where he gave a ***** and played great D, and people assume he's like that all the time. he has all the tools to be a great defender but he never really cared enough to be as good as some of you claim him to be. and stats, like the ones posted above, show that he wasn't/isn't an elite defensive player.

However much Kobe is better defensively, isn't nearly large enough to compensate for KD having his number offensively in pretty much every single area.

vCash
    Statistically? Sure he is better. A lot of players in the league are better than Kobe statistically.

But is he a transcendant player yet? No IMO, he is a supremely talented offensive player
    Has he won a single title yet? No
    Has he been voted to 15 all-star games? No
    Has he won an MVP? No
    Has he won any finals MVPs? No
    Has he made 11 first-team all defensive squads? No

I could go on and on. If Kevin Durant was better NOW than Kobe ever was, we would be making direct comparisons to Jordan, Magic, etc. That would be a ludacris conclusion to draw.

As of now, Durant is the most talented individual scorer in the league (Melo is a close second). But please guys, do not undermine the dream-like career that Kobe has had. Amidst all of the hate, legal controversies, and dealing with Shaq's Jordan-like ego, Kobe has still managed to carve out a permanent niche amongst the best 12 or so players of all time. Durant has to win TITLES to be "better than kobe was" regardless of his stats.

A much more realistic argument: "Is Kevin Durant already better than Tracy McGrady or Carmelo ever was"

vCash
    Wow. Kobe has been in the league so long everyone here forgets how dominate he was or you all are just to young and just live in a Lebron/Durrant era. I have watched Kobe since highschool and all these new kids in the NBA today. The man was unstoppable! He took a team starting Smush Parker and Kwame Brown 7 games against the #1 seed lol The man had what 8 straight 40 pt games tieing Jordan? a 81 pt game. Kobe could single handily beat you and he did.

Also you all need to remember something VERY important! The first 10 years of Kobe's career he played in a NBA where you were allowed to play defense. When the NBA was still a mans game. A flagrant foul was just a foul, there were no T's for talking smack. It was rough. Durrant would be man handled physically and Lebron would not get the love he gets today which is the most untouched and 1's in the NBA. Lebron and Durrant wouldnt know what to do when the NBA was still a mans game. I know one thing for sure their numbers wouldn't be as good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    Well since your 14 and never got to see early 2000's ball I'll tell you. Kobe was a great defensive player . This is a well known fact.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast