Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    He was always better than Kobe
    Go to sleep kid.

vCash
    Statistically he's already better than Kobe's best. That is a fact.

If he took the 27 shots a game that Kobe did to reach his 35ppg (won't even bother with the slightly more FT's Kobe got), Durant would average roughly 38-40 a night. And he could do it relatively easily if Westbrook decided to take a back-seat. Think about it, the guy leads the league in scoring and doesn't even lead his own TEAM in field goal attempts.

Now, cutthroat ability in the playoffs along with shutdown defensive performances, etc. That is where the overall player aspect comes into play. Durant is far from a slouch in either scenario, but I don't know if I can call him better than Kobe's best yet. We'll see after the playoffs this year.

vCash
    No!
    5 rings
    dropped 81 in a game
    MVP
    UNCOMMON
    ACTS 11:9

vCash
    I guess basketball is a one way sport, Offence only. Defence doesn't matter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    yeah because durant doesn't play defense? did you see him shut kobe down in the playoffs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnsocalfan View Post
    No!
    5 rings
    dropped 81 in a game
    MVP
    Hahaha...

Oh wait, you're serious...

(The MVP thing has some credence, but KD will get his, and could very well end up with more)
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    yeah because durant doesn't play defense? did you see him shut kobe down in the playoffs?
    SO Durant is as good defensivly as a prime Kobe?

He is already on the decline. I would hope durant could get the upper hand.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    Well let's not pretend that Kobe was some defensive juggernaut. He had the ability to lock down guards at times (still does at times), but he NEVER, EVER did it on a night in/out basis. A lot of really smart basketball minds put a lot of stock in RAPM as a very good defensive gauge http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/, and Kobe - year after year after year - posts a NEGATIVE impact on the floor defensively.

Almost all the players you'd expect to post solid numbers did: Duncan, Garnett, Wallace, Artest, AK, Bruce Bowen, etc. But year after year, Kobe's was always negative. His all league first teams were gifts based on offensive talent and the fact that when he did in fact shut down a player 1v1 (his best attribute defensively), it was heralded BIG time. Much like it is right now, even though his team D is still lazy and frankly horrible.

vCash
    You watching a prodigy skilled/gifted unlike any other ever before

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    Don't even bother... He's a Kobe groupie that lacks basketball knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Not so sure about that. Kobe is a much better scorer and was a much better defender in his prime than LBJ has ever been. You can make the same argument via LBJ v. MJ. LBJ is a better overall player than MJ, but I dont think anybody considers him a better player.

People have forgotten just how amazing Kobe was in his prime, when he literally had the ability to outscore an entire opposing team by himself while shutting down the oppositions's best perimeter player. Maybe some of you just were not around 5 years ago and the rest are probably major LBJ supporters, but theres not a chance in the works Durant is very close to Kobe's prime and current LBJ doesnt really best Kobe's best. If keeps improving and takes his team to a few more championships, then we got a debate. But until then, dont think how either of these players can be compared to Kobe's prime.

vCash
    Why the **** does everything have to be about kobe? haha.

Let KD be KD
    LBJ be LBJ
    and MJ be MJ.

I do think KD will have the better career when it's all said and done. Not championship wise but individually, yes.

That's what we celebrate with, not with bubble machines...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Like betting on sports? Sign up now!

https://www.bovada.lv/welcome/P1BF89...tcmpid=rafcopy

vCash
    Stupid thread. One player is in the 17th season of his career (with multiple accolades and rings) and the other is in his 6th season (with some accolades and no rings) – that’s over a decade longer that Kobe has been playing in the NBA. Re-post this in about 4-5 years at the earliest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beliges View Post
    Not so sure about that. Kobe is a much better scorer and was a much better defender in his prime than LBJ has ever been. You can make the same argument via LBJ v. MJ. LBJ is a better overall player than MJ, but I dont think anybody considers him a better player.

People have forgotten just how amazing Kobe was in his prime, when he literally had the ability to outscore an entire opposing team by himself while shutting down the oppositions's best perimeter player. Maybe some of you just were not around 5 years ago and the rest are probably major LBJ supporters, but theres not a chance in the works Durant is very close to Kobe's prime and current LBJ doesnt really best Kobe's best. If keeps improving and takes his team to a few more championships, then we got a debate. But until then, dont think how either of these players can be compared to Kobe's prime.
    okay this is about durant and kobe but your post is 95% about lebron.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Well let's not pretend that Kobe was some defensive juggernaut. He had the ability to lock down guards at times (still does at times), but he NEVER, EVER did it on a night in/out basis. A lot of really smart basketball minds put a lot of stock in RAPM as a very good defensive gauge http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/, and Kobe - year after year after year - posts a NEGATIVE impact on the floor defensively.

Almost all the players you'd expect to post solid numbers did: Duncan, Garnett, Wallace, Artest, AK, Bruce Bowen, etc. But year after year, Kobe's was always negative. His all league first teams were gifts based on offensive talent and the fact that when he did in fact shut down a player 1v1 (his best attribute defensively), it was heralded BIG time. Much like it is right now, even though his team D is still lazy and frankly horrible.
    Kobe was a phenominal defender in his prime sorry buddy.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast