Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    You do realize that Durant is 23, right? You're gonna try to judge a guys defense based on having no NBA ALL DEFENSIVE AWARDS (this conversation is a joke anyway) at the age of 23? Do you really think that's even remotely logical?

And lets ignore the fact that EVERYONE that is a true fan of the NBA knows that Kobe deserves not even half of those.

Lets use your logic for comedic purposes: Kobe Bryant is a better defender than Gary Payton, Scottie Pippen, and Bruce Bowen. Do you believe that to be true?

1. you do realize kobe was YOUNGER with LESS years in when he made his first right? Durant still has NONE he is 23 and has 0 six years in. So kobe's "peak" as a defender is far better than KD's has ever been. So that argument is a hughe fail. lol

2. When you can name 1 player who HAS NEVER made and ALL NBA 1st or 2nd team thats is better than the guys who have made the MOST then you can dismiss the point. But you can't because thats ridiculous. An it's excatly the same for ALL DEFENSIVE TEAM. The MOST vs NONE is waaaay too big a gap to argue. So this argument fails as well.

3. you just killed your own argument. kobe didn't deserve half? but that means he still has 6 times as many as durant and his ZERO. An no true NBA fan argues the ones during the 3peat years, at the least. Have you EVER heard ANYONE say durant should have been the all defensive team.....let me answer that for you HELL NO. What does that tell you. lol So you fail again.

4. No thats your logic not mine. Try to follow, once again this is not a case of 1 guy having MORE than another guy. Such kobe vs a payton or a pippen. This is a case of a complete BLOW OUT were 1 guy HAS NONE and has never come close to making one. THATS NOT AN ELITE DEFENDER.

5. Bottom line EVERY NBA fan can point to mutiple season where kobe DESERVED to be all NBA defense. NO real NBA fan has ever thought KD should have been ALL NBA on defense, EVER. The gap is just to big for your arguement to hold any water. So another fail.

Why is it that a superstar who is an elite defender has NEVER made it AND has not even had a year where people thought he should? To quote you in what world does that make sense? lol

An a hughe gap spaning every step of their careers is amuch better case. than your case of "just because" you say so. Even though nobody else does. lol
    Last edited by jayjay33; 01-23-2013 at 11:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Funny you've managed to ignore all of these guys' opinions who agree with me to an extent.

You're falling flat on your face with this debate right now.

Im falling flatt on my face? Your arguements are so bad that you keep having to MAKE **** up out of desperation. An this is a perfect example I have not seen anybody who thinks peak durant is an elite defender. Let alone a better defender than peak kobe.

So lets put it on the table. Do you think Most non bias fans think peak durant is a better defender peak kobe. How can you even claim to know anything about bball and speak this foolishness. I mean it's not even close. You are completely embarssing your self in this debate. In fact you not made ANY case at all for durant being an elite dfender other than you say so. I would call not even being able to make an argument falling flat on your face.
    Last edited by jayjay33; 01-23-2013 at 11:28 PM.

vCash
    Yes of course he is.

vCash
    No, he is not.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 49-62, games this week vs. Cardinals (3), Angels (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    If Durant can keep up this pace for the full year, or close to it, than I say yes. Thats not a knock on Kobe, Durant is just playing historically good ball right now.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789