Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 25.00%
  • No

12 75.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    I know Kessel and Burke got along pretty well, but I don't know if I see him leaving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    No I mean if Kessel goes down with an injury or leaves after next season. We can look at the Kessel trade and speculate this and that but looking at this team now, they are better with Kessel then without him. Personally I think the Leafs need to shop Kessel either at the deadline or at the draft. If the Leafs so no signs of improvement before Kessel's contracts up he'll bolt when he hits UFA. He takes a lot of crap in Toronto and has enormous amounts of pressure on him because of the return Boston got. I'm sure he'd love to rid himself of this mess and start fresh somewhere else where he doesn't have to be "the man"
    That is what I was saying if the Leafs did not have Kessel the last 2 years just how bad would they have been. We could be calling them the Oilers now with back to back 1st overall picks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
    That is what I was saying if the Leafs did not have Kessel the last 2 years just how bad would they have been. We could be calling them the Oilers now with back to back 1st overall picks.
    Oh sorry I was confused cause you said Seguin and RNH but you ment RNH and Nail

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan View Post
    As a Leafs fan, I would trade Kessel in a heart beat for back to back 1st overall picks...bring on the rebuild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I got to go with Halladay on this one, Toronto paid a hefty price (hindsight being 20/20) but they got a very good player. Kessel is an elite scoring winger and while he may not play a complete game he make Toronto better. Imagine what Toronto would be like without Kessel, IMO they would be the worst team in the league.
    Yeah but could you imagien them with Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    Generally if your 20 years old and are one of the AHL's best players, your doing a pretty decent job as a prospect.

He was totally outmatched last year though in the NHL but he could mature a bit.
    Totally outmatched playing on arguably the worst NHL team over the past decade though. Put him on the 3rd or 4th line on any good team, east or west, and he'd probably be fine and work his way up to the top 2 by 24 to 26 years old.

Supposedly this was done because his bonus keeps the Isles over the cap floor. So: why not trade him for Leino?

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Totally outmatched playing on arguably the worst NHL team over the past decade though. Put him on the 3rd or 4th line on any good team, east or west, and he'd probably be fine and work his way up to the top 2 by 24 to 26 years old.

Supposedly this was done because his bonus keeps the Isles over the cap floor. So: why not trade him for Leino?
    There's way better ways of spending money than Leino

vCash
    they arent going to keep him around to run his mouth and whine .. if somebody shows interest in him they will pony up and send him packing ..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    There's way better ways of spending money than Leino
    Take it up with ESPN and TSN. They are convinced the Isles only want Nino for his cap hit.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Take it up with ESPN and TSN. They are convinced the Isles only want Nino for his cap hit.
    I'm not doubting the validity but it would be a horrible move for them.

I'd rather take on Mike Komisarek than Leino at this point and there's even better salary dumps

vCash

Weve made the playoffs 4 times in the last decade. That is far from the worst.

Trading Nino for Leino might in fact be the worst trade in NHL history

vCash
    Nino is in the AHL so obviously he's not here for his cap hit

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456