Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Tim Brown Says Bill Callahan Sabotaged SuperBowl XXXVII

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...3376--nfl.html

"We get our game plan for victory on Monday, and the game plan says we’re gonna run the ball,” Brown said last Saturday on SiriusXM NFL Radio (via Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com). “We averaged 340 (pounds) on the offensive line, they averaged 280 (on the defensive line). We’re all happy with that, everybody is excited. (We) tell Charlie Garner, ‘Look, you’re not gonna get too many carries, but at the end of the day we’re gonna get a victory. Tyrone Wheatley, Zack Crockett, let’s get ready to blow this thing up'."

Brown, however, suggests that Callahan may have thrown the game out of loyalty to Gruden and a dislike of the Raiders, who would fire him following a 4-12 season in 2003.

"We all called it sabotage...because Callahan and Gruden were good friends," Brown said. "And Callahan had a big problem with the Raiders, you know, hated the Raiders. You know, only came because Gruden made him come. Literally walked off the field on us a couple of times during the season when he first got there, the first couple years. So really he had become someone who was part of the staff but we just didn’t pay him any attention. Gruden leaves, he becomes the head coach....It’s hard to say that the guy sabotaged the Super Bowl. You know, can you really say that? That can be my opinion, but I can’t say for a fact that that’s what his plan was, to sabotage the Super Bowl. He hated the Raiders so much that he would sabotage the Super Bowl so his friend can win the Super Bowl. That’s hard to say, because you can’t prove it.
    "But the facts are what they are, that less than 36 hours before the game we changed our game plan. And we go into that game absolutely knowing that we have no shot. That the only shot we had if Tampa Bay didn’t show up."
    Something did seem strange about how that game played out. I always figured it was because Callahan kept the same offensive calls that Gruden had when he coached Oakland the year before. Easy game for the Tampa defense.

vCash
    Highly unlikely. That would mean that Trestman was in on the fix as well. He was an offensive assistant under Gruden and OC under Callahan. Might be time for Tim to fix himself up with a new tin foil hat...

vCash
    Nah, I don't buy it.

vCash
    Jerry rice and John richie saying the same thing.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Wasn't the Raiders a super passing offensive team that year? Wasn't Al Davis still alive? What would Al Davis have wanted?

vCash
    Competitors never lose on purpose on the biggest stage.

vCash
    Whether they wanted to lose or not, scrapping the game plan on friday is dumb as ****.

vCash
    That's the dumbest **** I've heard in my life. Also recall that there was only one week between championship weekend and the SB that year, so it's not as if they were sitting on a gameplan for 10 days before changing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    That's the dumbest **** I've heard in my life. Also recall that there was only one week between championship weekend and the SB that year, so it's not as if they were sitting on a gameplan for 10 days before changing it.

Well, we got Jerry Rice and Garner agreeing with him.

Gotta wait for more information.

vCash
    And we have Gannon and Romanowski explaining how ridiculous the idea of Callahan or any coach throwing a Super Bowl is here. There's literally nothing Bill Callahan could have gained by losing that game (short of a gambling scandal, which would be a whole different story). Nothing. Not cool undermining the accomplishments of that Buc team.

vCash
    Keep the "what if's" to yourself Timmy! Blaming one man for a loss ten years later makes you look like a fool. By the way his performance was great that day, 1 rec for 9 yards. More excuses so Raider fans can sleep at night

Why would somebody destroy everything they worked for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by broncofangene View Post
    More excuses so Raider fans can sleep at night
    I haven't seen 1 Raider fan back this up or even shown the least bit of "damn it, we could have won". This is actually more excuses so people like you can say some crap about Raiders fans.

vCash
    Raiders should have beaten the Bucs so I believe him

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by broncofangene View Post
    Keep the "what if's" to yourself Timmy! Blaming one man for a loss ten years later makes you look like a fool. By the way his performance was great that day, 1 rec for 9 yards. More excuses so Raider fans can sleep at night

Why would somebody destroy everything they worked for?
    He has said this every year, actually. He just changed "Changed game plan" to "sabotage."

vCash
    bowshit bowshit bowshit
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast