Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Face it guys, we have a bunch of feces in the outfield right now. Quit arguing over who is the better piece of feces. RAJ is throwing the feces against the wall and whoever sticks-performs the best in spring training gets the starting nod until they prove otherwise. It is that simple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy553 View Post
    Don't really know where you are going with this or if it has any merit. RAJ came out and basically said when healthy Delmon Young is our everyday right fielder. I think he's locked into the roster and an everyday spot. Ruf/Brown will platoon in left.
    Young's expected to open the season on the DL. So unless he's back and ready for opening day, he's already lost the right field job. If Brown and Ruf are both playing well - which is obviously an unlikely, best case scenario - then Young won't have anywhere to play.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    The reality is this: we have no control over the moves the Phillies make. Therefore, we must have faith, in this case Delmon Young, and pray for the best. He is still young (27), was the 1st overall pick in his draft class, and still has potential to breakout. Low risk/High reward signing....keep in mind that being around Howard, Rollins, Brown, Revere, Mayberry may help him "fit in", and that is nothing but complete honesty right there. Late bloomer? Could you imagine? Pray for the best. What's the worst that can happen? Think about it.

vCash
    He can get $600k in bonuses for not being fat
    http://tracking.si.com/2013/01/23/de...-weight-bonus/

vCash
    "I don't care about walks, I care about production."

I just. I can't even.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post

I just. I can't even.
    All over the twitter

vCash
    Dominic Brown had more walks in 400 less ABs...Delmon Young has more GIDP for his career then unintentional walks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Dominic Brown had more walks in 400 less ABs...Delmon Young has more GIDP for his career then unintentional walks
    Stark has been all over twitter with these stats. He does not like Young haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post

I just. I can't even.
    When I say that this team is in trouble, that is why. ^^^

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    I cant wait until Brown leaves and becomes great somewhere else

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    I don't think he's going to be "great" ever, but I do think he can be an everyday OF, and a better then average one IMO.

vCash
    I've generally been a supportor of Amaro the last few yrs but looking at the overall state of our franchise at the major and minor league level and compare it to the Nationals and Braves and see all the holes this team has at a 170 million dollar payroll , I have come to the conclusion that it's time to consider replacing Amaro.

vCash
    Ruben walked into the perfect GM job....he took control of a team that had just won a championship....all he had to do was maintain the level the team was playing at. Yes, age and injury have played a major role in the decline of this team, but a good GM has plans for such things. The depth of this team is sorely lacking....the proposed starting outfield for this upcoming season is proof of that. Our minor league system is a joke. We have no real prospects on the horizon to replace any of our "aging" stars....

I could be looking at this in a naive way, but it just seems like Ruben (outside the starters Halladay, Lee, and Oswalt (to a degree)) is not doing the job a GM should be....it's almost like he's basing everything on the championship won 4 years ago...with Gillicks's and Wade's players...

Atlanta has a big advantage in their minors because of their scouting and drafting....How many years in a row did Atlanta give up their first round draft pick for a big name free agent? They don't base their minors on their lower level players and hope that they can perform at a higher level....their players CAN perform at higher levels...The Phillies need to increase efforts in scouting and drafting.
    Last edited by MMC1710; 01-24-2013 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Forgot a point

vCash
    We are busy signing Delmon Young off the scrap heap while the Braves are signing BJ Upton and now trading for his brother who is a superstar Justin Upton. Nats and Braves are head and shoulders above us in terms of talent.

vCash
    Upton's a big score for the Braves and I agree that you have to view them as a superior team. However, they gave up valuable rotation depth and downgraded substantially at 3B in this trade. The team improved, but not by an insurmountable amount (from the phillies perspective).
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast