Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    You mean "put it together" and not back together, right?
    I'm referencing the fact that at one point he was a premier prospect. To me..... $1M is worth seeing of maybe he can get his head on straight and fulfill some of that potential.

It's happened before.

vCash
    True. Just read a good article on fangraphs about Young.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...mon-young-was/

vCash
    True. Just read a good article on fangraphs about Young.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...mon-young-was/
    Yep. He had a lot of talent. I remember when he was supposed to be the next great player.

Even if he only has 150 PA against LHP and replicates his .333/.500/.833 line. I think that's worth a spot on the team.

vCash
    I'm starting to think that there is nothing anybody could do with this team that would satisfy some of you guys.

The Revere trade I'll admit was a little lopsided, but it filled a need. Had we broke the bank for Hamilton instead, people would still ***** about it. Had we not filled the CF need at all, people would ***** about it. What other options were there in CF? What could we have done in CF that would have made everybody happy?

We traded poop for MY, and even though he sucks it filled a need. Who would be doing back flips right now if Frandsen was the everyday 3B?

John Lannan - Who the **** cares.

Mike Adams - Not sure what's bad about that move.

Delmon Young - Provides depth and another option while getting paid peanuts. Can't hurt the team, can only help the team.

I'm not saying this was a dream off season by any means, but for **** sake what do you people want? We improved (if only a little bit) at just about every position of need, and RAJ didn't give out any ridiculous contracts. Wasn't that the biggest knock on him in the past? The stupid contracts? Stayed away from that, and people still complain. It may not have been a great offseason, but is that really RAJ's fault? I mean what am I missing here? What could he have done differently at the positions we had needs at that would have been better than the moves he did make? And when I say better, I mean BETTER. Not the guy with the 3.2 WAR over the guy with the 3.1 WAR. I'm talking about moves that would have been significantly better, and not just on the payroll, but on the field where the games are actually played.
    Last edited by Jbendz; 01-22-2013 at 10:45 PM.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Well...Delmon Young can hurt the team. Hes been worth - WAR 3 out of his 6 MLB seasons with two of those seasons he was a replacement player. He also has a -39 DRS in the field

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    This franchise is a mess right now. No other way I can look at it. Just a mess.

We expected this the day RAJ was hired, unfortunately.
    How is it a mess? Because of one bad, injury plagued season? Why so quick to forget the division titles, pennants, world titles and 102 win seasons that preceded it?

Utley is healthy and in a contract year. We'll have Howard for a full year. Halladay and Lee should both be healthy. If those guys stay healthy we still have one of the best rotations in baseball. Our 8th inning woes are taken care of. Barring injuries, we're virtually just as good of a team as we were two years ago with a few new faces here and there. The average age of the team even came down like 2-3 years (I believe), which may not mean much in the grand scheme of things, but technically we have gotten "younger."

Some of you are putting WAY too much stock into what happened last year. When it comes strictly to THIS season, I think we're in good shape. It's like some of you guys are expecting to be a .500 team again. Nonsense.

vCash
    Well...Delmon Young can hurt the team. Hes been worth - WAR 3 out of his 6 MLB seasons with two of those seasons he was a replacement player. He also has a -39 DRS in the field
    The point being that he still has to earn his playing time. If he does, it's good for us. If he doesn't, we're right back where we would have been with the guys we had before Young signed. If he's playing up to those numbers you posted, he won't be playing for long.

vCash
    I hope they did not just take away the oppertunity that darren ruf earned for this *** hole.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    How did he earn the opportunity? Unless you mean earned the opportunity to try out for the OF
    Last edited by sexicano31; 01-22-2013 at 11:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    I guess it's just me, but this offseason has been a nightmare in general.

Trade Worley/May for a CF poker chip.
    Sign Michael Young
    Sign John Lannan
    Sign Mike Adams....kind of like that move.
    Sign Delmon Young
    Totally agree,not happy especially between the trade for Revere and now this pick up of delmon young.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    I hope they did not just take away the oppertunity that darren ruf earned for this *** hole.
    You don't watch spring training very often do you?

vCash
    How did he earn the opportunity? Unless you mean earned the opportunity to try out for the OF
    I think anyone who hits 40+ home runs and bats for avg in AAA ball and then gets a late call up and does a nice job ,yea I feel that type of player earned the oppertunity .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    You don't watch spring training very often do you?
    Why you think this kid doesnt deserve an oppertunity ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    I think anyone who hits 40+ home runs and bats for avg in AAA ball and then gets a late call up and does a nice job ,yea I feel that type of player earned the oppertunity .
    He hit those HR and average in AA ball, not AAA ball. At 26 years old. You dont earn an MLB job for hitting like that in the minors at that age and then only having 33 MLB AB. Its very likely that hes been taking advantage of much younger competition

vCash
    Your wrong it was AAA ball and hitting those kind of numbers should be enough to earn any player an oppertunity.They gave dominic brown several chances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast