Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Niederreiter seeking trade?

According to a tweet from Katie Strang of ESPN NY, Nino Niederreiter is requesting a trade from the Islanders organization because he is unhappy with his current situation.
    IPD

Who wouldn't? We totally shafted him. He was stuck with god awful linemates last year who he played better than whether the stats say so or not, so we send him down to the lockout and when he's doing amazing there the lockout ends, we dont even invite him to camp? And all these waiver wire pickups and busts and other nobodies get a shot over him? Thats a slap in the face.

Im definitely pissed though. Really was looking forward to seeing what he had to offer this year with good linemates, but idk if we will....ever maybe.

With that, **** you nino. Learn your god damn place, youre 20 years old and nothing of what you did last year gives you the right to think you're too good for the AHL, you did jack **** at the NHL level and deserved to be there to start this season really, even if its BS with some of the players who got the call before him. Grow up kid.

Let the speculation begin though... Does Garth call his bluff and keep him in the AHL? Do we fold and trade him? Or do we call him up?

His value is at an all time low right now Id say....

Niederreiter for Subban ??? lol I can dream right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Who does he think he is? 20 years old didnt do anything last year and he thinks he has leverage to request a trade? I hope this is somehow a false rumor because if so not only is his value as a pplayer low with his play last season but who wants to trade for a kid like this who thinks he has the power in this situation.

vCash
    2 perspectives on this:

1) Who wouldn't? Yeah, he sucked last year but 1, we're wasting a year of his contract and 2, there are players on the roster this year (Reasoner) who sucked worse who made the team. Nino got some good development time and did awesome in the AHL during the lockout, but when we passed over him and didn't even invite him to camp and went with guys like McDonald and Reasoner and Aucoin and Boulton? That's a huge slap in the face, and I don't blame him.

2) Who do you think you are Nino? You are barely 20 years old, have half a year of NHL experience under your belt, and you showed NOTHING last year that should give you the right to think you are better than demotion. Yeah, I think the Isles should call you up too, but do you realize how bad you were last year and how on any other team you would have been sent down even before the whole lockout happened, which is the only reason the Isles did it? You don't have that right. We drafted you, you signed a contract, you're gonna stay here til you produce or you bust, end of story. Grow up kid.

...Let the speculation begin

^What I posted on IPB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beltran15mets View Post
    Who does he think he is? 20 years old didnt do anything last year and he thinks he has leverage to request a trade? I hope this is somehow a false rumor because if so not only is his value as a pplayer low with his play last season but who wants to trade for a kid like this who thinks he has the power in this situation.
    Exactly, I hope it's not true, but Strang is spot on almost 100% of the time it seems...

vCash
    This makes me angry, very angry. He's only 20, someone please tell me the average age of rookies in the NHL. Subban isn't happy with the contract the Canadians want to offer him so lets make a deal, right now Nino isn't worth half of what Subban is though lol. Nino has some friggen nerve.

vCash
    Reasoner is god awful. Make hima healthy scratch and give nino a shot at the nhl level...
    Call me crazy but i like what ive seen from aucoin and fake mcdonald as i like to call him... They have a physical edge to their game in which reasoner brings nothing to the table. These guys show theyre hungry for their spot.

Okposo tavares moulson
    Grabner nielsen boyes
    Niederrieter Aucoin ullstrom
    Martin mcdonald cizikas

vCash
    ^Swap McDonald and Cizikas.

vCash
    #Isles GM Garth Snow tells ESPN NY: "Any conversation I have regarding players remains confidential."

#Isles When reached for comment, Snow said shortened training camp was determining factor in not inviting Niederreiter.

#Isles Snow declined to answer whether team would be open to trade but did say Nino as call-up still an option. "Yeah, absolutely"
    What? Shortened training camp is why you didn't invite him to camp???? What?!?!? He has played 40 fcking games in the AHL for ****'s sake, that's significantly more development and practice he's gonna get in training camp, and he's played far longer with all these players than Aucoin and Boulton and Reasoner and McDonald... That makes absolutely no sense Garth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Shelf 13 View Post
    Reasoner is god awful. Make hima healthy scratch and give nino a shot at the nhl level...
    Call me crazy but i like what ive seen from aucoin and fake mcdonald as i like to call him... They have a physical edge to their game in which reasoner brings nothing to the table. These guys show theyre hungry for their spot.

Okposo tavares moulson
    Grabner nielsen boyes
    Niederrieter Aucoin ullstrom
    Martin mcdonald cizikas
    Friggen Reasoner is useless I agree. He can't even win faceoffs anymore!!!

vCash
    if we didnt give in on nabokov or lubo i doubt we give in to the 20 year old

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beltran15mets View Post
    if we didnt give in on nabokov or lubo i doubt we give in to the 20 year old
    This. Nino lost all my respect on this. Kmo, you me, and I think even tsu said he had **** linemates and we wanted/still want him to get better ones at the NHL LEVEL ITS BS FK YOU NINO

vCash
    There's no reason why he should not have been invited to camp.

Everyone who is decent gets invited to camp.

Nino is certainly decent.

Asking for a trade is a bit extreme. *****ing to the media would have been ok imo

vCash
    Were not trading nino in no way shape or form... Nor do i think he gets promoted. Bailey and joensuu will come back before they think about promoting him... Fake streit ( aka brian straight ) > martinek. Agree or disagree?

vCash
    We havent seen Martinek play yet but Im goign to assume Martinek>Strait

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    We havent seen Martinek play yet but Im goign to assume Martinek>Strait
    I'd like that, out of the wavier wussys (Aucoin is the only exception) Strait actually may have a chance, he has made some good plays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast