Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Is that true? That's funny.

Donkey!

He is what he is. An oft injured dude, who was always seen as a specimen if he could simply stay healthy and put some stuff together. He got a few great seasons in the end. IIRC this guy's elbow is so messed up he's basically incapable of throwing a ball.

vCash
    Itchy
    Jeter
    Bob
    Tex
    Grandy
    Youkadoosh
    Donkey
    Romine
    Slappy

We are taking shape!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Itchy
    Jeter
    Bob
    Tex
    Grandy
    Youkadoosh
    Donkey
    Romine
    Slappy

We are taking shape!
    Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't everyone in that lineup at least 30 except Romine? Lmao

Just checked and Gardner will be 30 in August. Buncha old dudes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't everyone in that lineup at least 30 except Romine? Lmao

They can all share Werther's Originals while telling tales of "talkies"

vCash

vCash

Why does that matter for 2013?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Why does that matter for 2013?
    Doesn't every year count?

vCash
    Doesn't every year count?
    Last time I checked winning games matters, not average age of players.. No awards for having a young team..

the Yankees have been old for a decade.. and every year competitive.. Who cares if they are over 30..
    Last edited by Thump; 01-31-2013 at 01:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Werther's are pretty sweet, and i'm only 29.

I guess i've already got the old man bug...

vCash
    Last time I checked winning games matters, not average age of players.. No awards for having a young team..

the Yankees have been old for a decade.. and every year competitive.. Who cares if they are over 30..
    And just how many of those coveted championships have we won in that decade of perennial old timers? Exactly. One. One in not just a decade, but 12 years, perhaps going on 13.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that young kids are all that get it done, that's not true. You need veterans. But teams that win usually have a good mix of young and old. We don't really seem to at the moment, especially the past couple of years. Just a bunch of old veterans patched together. There's a reason we can't get to the WS. While I understand many teams don't make the playoffs altogether and we're fortunate to do so, my point is that these veteran patch-work teams don't get it done in the end,

vCash
    And just how many of those coveted championships have we won in that decade of perennial old timers? Exactly. One. One in not just a decade, but 12 years, perhaps going on 13.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that young kids are all that get it done, that's not true. You need veterans. But teams that win usually have a good mix of young and old. We don't really seem to at the moment, especially the past couple of years. Just a bunch of old veterans patched together. There's a reason we can't get to the WS. While I understand many teams don't make the playoffs altogether and we're fortunate to do so, my point is that these veteran patch-work teams don't get it done in the end,
    The Veteran packed team DID get it done. Sure we "only" won 1, but that is 1 more than Cubs, Mets, Dodges, Blue Jays, Rays (and their young team), etc... We also made the World Series multiple times and the playoffs 90% of the time.. complaining? Really?

And don't blame failures on us being old.. we DID have that mix of youth and veteran this past decade.. Cano was young (and worst that Arod this past off season), Nova, Hughes, Gardner, etc.. abd we still "only" won one..

Having players over 30 dosn't matter for 1 year or 2 years we patch it together.. It won't be hat bad, and we will make the playoffs anyways...

vCash
    Sources told the New York Daily News that Alex Rodriguez is "unlikely to ever wear the pinstripes again."

It sounds like a story leaked by the Yankees, who are doing all they can to get out of the $114 million that is owed to A-Rod over the next five years. "I don’t know why he would want to go through the pain of rehabbing and trying to play up to the caliber of player he was, and come back to a game where nobody wants him," said the source. "If he did that, he’d be a part-time player and presumably unable to achieve any of the incentive clauses in the contract or even the milestones." Rodriguez is currently being investigated for his connection to a PED clinic in the Miami area and rehabbing from major hip surgery, but it's hard to see him forfeiting any of that fully-guaranteed money.
    Rotoworld

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Rotoworld
    I can't wait til this guy is back mid season....

vCash
    The Veteran packed team DID get it done. Sure we "only" won 1, but that is 1 more than Cubs, Mets, Dodges, Blue Jays, Rays (and their young team), etc... We also made the World Series multiple times and the playoffs 90% of the time.. complaining? Really?

And don't blame failures on us being old.. we DID have that mix of youth and veteran this past decade.. Cano was young (and worst that Arod this past off season), Nova, Hughes, Gardner, etc.. abd we still "only" won one..

Having players over 30 dosn't matter for 1 year or 2 years we patch it together.. It won't be hat bad, and we will make the playoffs anyways...
    I said that I'm grateful for getting to the postseason because most teams don't. Are you good with just making the postseason? I thought it was WS or bust that's what we're used to. I'm not jumping ship or anything, been a Yankee fan my whole life and that's not changing. Is it acceptable for you to not win a world series? "Oh well, we made the playoffs, better luck next year!"? Why settle?

I just don't see the improvements to get us back to the WS. Nova, Hughes and Gardner aren't great examples because they hit the scene like 4 years ago at the earliest, and that was Hughes.

In the words of Billy Beane from Moneyball (he probably didn't actually say this in real life): if you don't win the last game of the season, no one gives a ****.

vCash

Also, the Rays may have not won the WS, but they got there on young talent. And they've been pretty competitive with young talent since.

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast