Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Costanza View Post
    I met a Blue Jay fan once. True story.
    In Toronto??

vCash
    Via Wally Matthews: Andy Pettitte has until February 20th to decide if he will pitch for Team USA (and former manager Joe Torre) during the World Baseball Classic in March. The veteran left-hander was not on the team’s recently-released roster, but he could replace Kris Medlen, who withdrew from the event because his wife is having a baby.

“(The Yankees) have expressed concerns because of the injuries (Pettitte) has had … So we’re thinking about it and we’re talking about it. We don’t have to make a decision until February 20th, so we have some wiggle time here. We’ll see what happens,” said Torre, who ultimately has the final call as to whether Pettitte is added to the roster. He made it clear he would not pressure Andy into pitching and probably wouldn’t go against the club’s wishes. Obviously I’d rather see Pettitte spend Spring Training with the Yankees, but I would be lying if I said it wouldn’t be neat to see him pitching for Team USA.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2013/01/pet...-on-wbc-81713/

vCash
    Yankees were never close on Hairston or Upton:

Via Bryan Hoch & Dan Martin: The Yankees were never all that close to acquiring Justin Upton or signing Scott Hairston, though they did have interest in both players. “Did I ever have a conversation with Arizona about [Upton]? Yeah, but they weren’t focusing on us,” said Brian Cashman, which jibes with a recent report saying the Diamondbacks didn’t love New York’s prospects.

“I think it’s in our best interest to look in the short-term, but that doesn’t preclude us from looking in the long-term … Obviously, there are restrictions we’re trying to navigate through, but that does not preclude us from doing a multi-year deal — but we’re going to be very careful,” added the GM. One thing the Yankees have done in advance of the 2014 payroll plan is create a lot of flexibility. They only have four players under contract for 2014, so they will have a bunch of money available next winter, but that also means they’ll have a lot of holes to fill. I just wish they had made more of an effort to improve the 2013 club as sort of a “one last gasp” before guys start retiring and payroll is slashed.
    http://riveraveblues.com/2013/01/rep...airston-81680/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Ellsbury
    Victorino
    Pedroia
    Ortiz
    Napoli
    Gomes
    Middlebrooks
    Salty
    Drew

Is that better than us? Ehhhhhhhh....

Regardless of what names you list, we won't know if it's better or not until September.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    I think we have a decent idea of what Nunez can do. I've never gotten what people have seen in him that makes them think he will be anything more than what he is. An okay hitting SS that can't field. People say he's got some pop but he doesn't have a SLG% much higher than Gardner.

Minor league stats - .271/.314/.365
    Major league stats - .272/.318/.384

He kind of is what he is. I think people just get excited with him because he is a guy from the farm system that has hit a little bit in the majors. He has the potential to possibly be an average player.
    We don't know what he can do. Those numbers don't mean much when he barely has had consistent playing time.

Besides, even if he only is average that would be sufficient. This is kind of what I'm talking about. Instead of letting it happen with guys like Nunez, they choose to try to make a miracle leap with Romine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Yankees were never close on Hairston or Upton:

http://riveraveblues.com/2013/01/rep...airston-81680/

Cashman hung up the phone the minute Arizona mentioned Joba.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Harry with the Puppy montage!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    ^^^ Hey Leo she is indeed on the boat. As a matter of fact if the boat sinks she will undoubtedly stay afloat with that set of pontoons she has!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    ^^^ Hey Leo she is indeed on the boat. As a matter of fact if the boat sinks she will undoubtedly stay afloat with that set of pontoons she has!!!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    We don't know what he can do. Those numbers don't mean much when he barely has had consistent playing time.

Besides, even if he only is average that would be sufficient. This is kind of what I'm talking about. Instead of letting it happen with guys like Nunez, they choose to try to make a miracle leap with Romine.
    Where would you play Nunez to give him consistent playing time?

Romine is only getting consideration because the other options are two guys who are considered backup C types.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Where would you play Nunez to give him consistent playing time?

Romine is only getting consideration because the other options are two guys who are considered backup C types.
    To me, Nunez was a no brainer the day they found out A-Rod was going to miss time.

Romine is getting consideration because that's what they want. A young home grown catcher. Even if Romine isn't the guy to be it (I'm not saying he's not, but the organization definitely isn't doing the kid any favors).

vCash
    Free Puppy!

Free Johnson!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    To me, Nunez was a no brainer the day they found out A-Rod was going to miss time.

Romine is getting consideration because that's what they want. A young home grown catcher. Even if Romine isn't the guy to be it (I'm not saying he's not, but the organization definitely isn't doing the kid any favors).
    If they wanted young home grown catcher, they already had Cervelli.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Free Puppy!

Free Johnson!
    Free Ronnier Mustelier!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    If they wanted young home grown catcher, they already had Cervelli.
    well that is a bit of an exaggeration of what I was saying. My point is they either go big or go home with all of their prospects, which is why it's so devastating when they come up short. There is nothing wrong with giving a guy like Nunez the job at third base and signing Pierzynski to a one year deal while giving Romine 30+ starts as the back up.

p.s. I don't like arguing with you

Quote Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
    Free Ronnier Mustelier!
    him too. he'd be on my bench with romine getting plenty of playing time. with rivera, robertson, chamberlain and logan, I'd have montgomery in the pen to start the year and wouldn't have to worry about him trying to be the man right out of the gate. If they have years like they did last year, Nick Goody and Tyler Austin would be up by September. Going into 2014 I'd have several guys who could turn into vital pieces moving forward with major league experience under their belts without having to risk it all on them.

16. 01-27-2013, 09:28 PM
    Reason
    off topic

17. 01-27-2013, 10:47 PM

Reason
    off topic

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast