Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage101 View Post
    The other thing is he sucked donkey dlick in the playoffs but he was hurt i think thats a damn good reason why he couldn't catch up to an 89 mph fastball down the middle. Yet everyone wants him gone. He's earned the chance to be able to attempt to come back.

ARod is not going anywhere. He will be a thorn in the Yankees side for the ext 5 years!
    Nick

vCash
    At this point we might as well take a chance on Grady Sizemore. It is a win win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Last season ARod posted a .342 wOBA. Youk's was roughly 15 points lower. And Nunez.... well comparing him to either isn't even fair at this point. Sure, Arod is declining. So is Youk. But the comparison isn't between those 2 anyway. Because even if both were healthy, both are VASTLY better than Nunez.
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Youk's HR/RBI totals were > A-Rod's in 2012 and both guys played in exactly 122 games. A-Rod's batting average was higher.

I doubt Nunez can do what either of them did.
    we have no idea what nunez can do. come on guys it's third base, one of the last positions I'd invest anything into anyways. It's not like they'd be investing everything in a 23 year old kid to be the number 2 that the team desperately needs.

vCash
    I think we have a decent idea of what Nunez can do. I've never gotten what people have seen in him that makes them think he will be anything more than what he is. An okay hitting SS that can't field. People say he's got some pop but he doesn't have a SLG% much higher than Gardner.

Minor league stats - .271/.314/.365
    Major league stats - .272/.318/.384

He kind of is what he is. I think people just get excited with him because he is a guy from the farm system that has hit a little bit in the majors. He has the potential to possibly be an average player.

vCash
    Last season ARod posted a .342 wOBA. Youk's was roughly 15 points lower. And Nunez.... well comparing him to either isn't even fair at this point. Sure, Arod is declining. So is Youk. But the comparison isn't between those 2 anyway. Because even if both were healthy, both are VASTLY better than Nunez.
    We're not talking about Arod and Youk vs. Nunez. All I'm honestly trying to say is that if Arod is out for the year, we can get by with Youk and Nunez splitting time. Obviously, Youk would get the majority of time. But the two of them can equal Arod's numbers for sure. Don't you think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    we have no idea what nunez can do. come on guys it's third base, one of the last positions I'd invest anything into anyways. It's not like they'd be investing everything in a 23 year old kid to be the number 2 that the team desperately needs.
    I'm not saying invest anything. I'm simply saying, I do not get people who want ARod to miss the season so the Steinbrennars can collect insurance. ll that accomplishes is weakening the team and putting more money in Hank and Hal's pockets. Why would any fan want that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    We're not talking about Arod and Youk vs. Nunez. All I'm honestly trying to say is that if Arod is out for the year, we can get by with Youk and Nunez splitting time. Obviously, Youk would get the majority of time. But the two of them can equal Arod's numbers for sure. Don't you think?
    No I do not. Youk is in decline like Arod, and likely to be injured at some point leaving Nunez as the sole 3rd baseman. And even if not, wouldn't we prefer ARod and Youk rotating between DH & 3rd, vs. Nunez getting into the mix. And I don't get the Nunez love. He can't field at the MLB level for some reason. And he's yet to show he's anything aside from a below average hitter.

vCash
    I'm not saying invest anything. I'm simply saying, I do not get people who want ARod to miss the season so the Steinbrennars can collect insurance. ll that accomplishes is weakening the team and putting more money in Hank and Hal's pockets. Why would any fan want that?
    perhaps I entered the discussion late (I tend to not read past the most recent page). My comments were directed more at Youkilis than Arod and why I think Nunez should have the job in his absence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    perhaps I entered the discussion late (I tend to not read past the most recent page). My comments were directed more at Youkilis than Arod and why I think Nunez should have the job in his absence.
    My posts are directly questioning those who want ARod to miss all of next season so we can collect insurance. I just don't understand why fans would prefer a worse team on the field and more money in Hank's pockets...

vCash
    My posts are directly questioning those who want ARod to miss all of next season so we can collect insurance. I just don't understand why fans would prefer a worse team on the field and more money in Hank's pockets...
    Exactly. Why the fans even discuss collecting the insurance is beyond me. It's completely irrelevant for everyone whose last name isn't Steinbrenner.

vCash
    I think the 'insurance guys' are either assuming Arod won't play, like ever. Or that the insurance removes his salary from the 189.

I don't think any human just wants him to sit out while we pay him.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I think the 'insurance guys' are either assuming Arod won't play, like ever. Or that the insurance removes his salary from the 189.

I don't think any human just wants him to sit out while we pay him.
    The only way he saves us money that will be spent is if he retires. The insurance pays his salary. But his salary still counts, so we won't spend the money we recoup from the insurance on other players. So really, the only question is, are we better with ARod, or without him. I think we're far better off with, as I don't see a viable miLB replacement out there at the moment.

vCash
    The only way he saves us money that will be spent is if he retires. The insurance pays his salary. But his salary still counts, so we won't spend the money we recoup from the insurance on other players. So really, the only question is, are we better with ARod, or without him. I think we're far better off with, as I don't see a viable miLB replacement out there at the moment.
    Yes, I understand that. I was merely speaking for the others who may not be aware.

I'm one of the only Arod supporters on here. I want him back ASAP.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Is 189 for 2013 now too? There's been a couple guys that could have helped that signed for 1 year deals.

Berkman - 1 yr/$10M, Reynolds - 1 yr/$6M, Napoli - 1 yr/$5M

I mean none of these guys are perfect players but compared to what we currently have they look great.
    I would sure as hell take Napoli over Cervelli.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Yes, I understand that. I was merely speaking for the others who may not be aware.

I'm one of the only Arod supporters on here. I want him back ASAP.
    One more thing we agree on man.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    I would sure as hell take Napoli over Cervelli.
    I wouldn't. Napoli can't catch. Kottaras might have been nice. But I really just want Romine to get his shot.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast