Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    F David Wells. Lost us a title in 2003 due to his fatness.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Via RAB

Via Chad Jennings: The Yankees have no interest in catcher George Kottaras, who was designated for assignment by the Athletics last week. The 29-year-old walk machine will earn just $1M next season, and it’s not even a guaranteed contract since he’s still in his arbitration years. I guess bringing Kottaras — a left-handed hitter — to camp to compete with Chris Stewart & Co. just made too much sense to actually happen. How foolish of me.

vCash
    Funny
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Noone can compete with Chris Stewart and his elite pitch framing.

vCash
    Wow, they must really like Chris Stewart.

vCash
    Whats not to like about a 30 year old career minor leaguer with 148 major league games under his belt since 2006 with a career slash line of .217/.281/.302 and solid career OPS of .583.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Whats not to like about a 30 year old career minor leaguer with 148 major league games under his belt since 2006 with a career slash line of .217/.281/.302 and solid career OPS of .583.
    Those are awesome numbers!

vCash
    The Yankees discussed Delmon Young internally, but didn’t have great reports on his performance, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports (on Twitter). The Phillies signed Young to a one-year contract yesterday.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#k4mjuwx6s2kyKUKx.99
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    He's good defensively

vCash
    Dmitri young is fat. But better.

vCash
    Scott Hairston signs with the cubs..... Wasn't he a target of the yankees?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    Yeah but he wanted more of a full time gig, and the Yankees wanted to platoon him. So he really wasn't interested in coming here.

I must admit, it's sad that I'm sad that even players who aren't even that good would rather go to the cubs then the yankees.
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 01-24-2013 at 12:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Yeah but he wanted more of a full time gig, and the Yankees wanted to platoon him. So he really wasn't interested in coming here.

I must admit, it's sad that I'm sad that even players who aren't even that good would rather go to the cubs then the yankees.
    Well, yeah, but you just stated the reason he preferred the Cubs. It's clearly not because he has a better chance to win in Chicago...it was a simple matter of playing time. No reason to be too upset about Hairston.

What you should be upset about is that we really haven't addressed all of our needs, and it's almost February, with very few options left on the free agent market and likely little money to be spent.

I truly believe if we do anything, it'll be a trade -- but with who, and for who? Not saying I'd definitely trade for him, but apparently the Braves are in on Upton now.

And so goes this woeful offseason...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    Yes. Obviously we're not compelling enough for even a guy like Hariston to sign with us.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post

This is indeed true. Oh well, we have Diaz and Ichiro. How bad could this be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    Well, yeah, but you just stated the reason he preferred the Cubs. It's clearly not because he has a better chance to win in Chicago...it was a simple matter of playing time. No reason to be too upset about Hairston.

What you should be upset about is that we really haven't addressed all of our needs, and it's almost February, with very few options left on the free agent market and likely little money to be spent.

I truly believe if we do anything, it'll be a trade -- but with who, and for who? Not saying I'd definitely trade for him, but apparently the Braves are in on Upton now.

And so goes this woeful offseason...
    Oh come on. Between DH and RF, how many days do you think he was really not going to play?

During starting LHP, he will be in RF and Diaz or another RH would DH

During starting RHP, Ichiro will be in RF and he could DH

Maybe not 162 games, but he would have gotten a lot on a championship caliber team.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast