Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 486
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    22,694
    vCash
    1000

    The Official 2012-2013 New York Yankees Offseason Thread V

    Keep it going.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,657
    vCash
    1500
    First!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Bummer. The Core Be No More.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,952
    vCash
    1500
    Second!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,664
    vCash
    1500
    Bizzle

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,657
    vCash
    1500
    Delmon Young signs for 750k.

    We couldn't use him as a RH DH?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Bummer. The Core Be No More.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,857
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Delmon Young signs for 750k.

    We couldn't use him as a RH DH?
    Yeah, I don't really get it. He hasn't been good the last two years but he's only a couple years removed from hitting .298/.333/.493 with 21 HRs and 112 RBIs.

    It is seriously looking like our DH spot is gonna be a lot like the catcher "battle". A Matt Diaz, Russ Canzler, Thomas Neal? cluster****.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,071
    vCash
    1500
    Young sucks but I suspect this had a lot to do with the Yankees' disinterest:

    Detroit Tigers left fielder Delmon Young apologized to his team and fans Friday, just before getting arraigned on a hate crime harassment charge for a fight at his hotel during which police say he yelled anti-Semitic epithets.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Yeah, I don't really get it. He hasn't been good the last two years but he's only a couple years removed from hitting .298/.333/.493 with 21 HRs and 112 RBIs.

    It is seriously looking like our DH spot is gonna be a lot like the catcher "battle". A Matt Diaz, Russ Canzler, Thomas Neal? cluster****.
    Diaz is only a couple years removed from .313/.390/.488 with 13 HRs.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    6,277
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Diaz is only a couple years removed from .313/.390/.488 with 13 HRs.
    I'm a year removed from a .325/.435/.450 season in my last year of college. Can I sign somewhere? lol

    No power, but I get on base

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    25,657
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Diaz is only a couple years removed from .313/.390/.488 with 13 HRs.
    By that logic, Itchy is only a couple years removed from .315/.359.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


    Bummer. The Core Be No More.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    By that logic, Itchy is only a couple years removed from .315/.359.
    And half the guys on are team are a mere few seasons away from All star level play.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,857
    vCash
    1500
    Diaz is also gonna be 35 next year. Young is 27. I get what you're saying but I think its a little different for a guy that is still at his age.

    Don't get me wrong, Young will probably suck again and it is a little pathetic we are even having a discussion about Delmon Young being our DH but when our current options are Diaz, Canzler and Neal I think it would have been something to look at.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Great Northeast
    Posts
    29,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Diaz is also gonna be 35 next year. Young is 27. I get what you're saying but I think its a little different for a guy that is still at his age.

    Don't get me wrong, Young will probably suck again and it is a little pathetic we are even having a discussion about Delmon Young being our DH but when our current options are Diaz, Canzler and Neal I think it would have been something to look at.
    He's also only had one great year in his career. So aside from 2010 we're talking about a average to slightly below average hitter, who can't field, and comes with about as many off field issues as one is likely to find in a ball player. Even at the cheap price, I'm not sure this was our guy.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,857
    vCash
    1500
    One good year is one more than Canzler and Neal.

    Any other offseason and I wouldn't even think about Young. But again, the other options we have are not any better and haven't even had one good season like Young.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    11,071
    vCash
    1500
    Here's what we missed out on.

    Delmon Young is terrible. Full stop. By rWAR, he was a full win and two-tenths below replacement last season, and a total of almost a win and a half below replacement in the last two seasons, compiling a .267/.299/.403 line over that period. His walk rate from 2011-2012 is 3.9%, about half the league average for hitters, making him, at least in that respect, a good fit for the current Phillies lineup.

    By the grace of Jim Leyland he accrued 608 plate appearances for the Tigers last season, and an accompanying 226 innings in the field, where he is one of the worst defenders in baseball.
    http://crashburnalley.com/2013/01/22...llar-contract/

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •