Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    he's dressing same thanksgiving leftovers and calling it the tuesday special.
    hahaaaa!

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Bro, you have the best signature(referring to the picture part) on this board, hands down... I probably told you that already.. but I'm telling you again...
    New York Yankees
    Dallas Cowboys
    UCONN Huskies Football
    UCONN Huskies MBB
    UCONN Huskies WBB
    Philadelphia 76ers
    New York Knickerbockers

vCash
    I love this, for one i found it ridiculous that we had a running game coordinator and a passing game coordinator and none of them were responsible for calling plays. Also now maybe we wont have to hurry up and snap the balll with 1 second on the play clock because the play came in late, so maybe we can clean that up.

Also if bill brings in the west coast offense, i find it interesting to see how it affects witten and romo, seeing how garrett offense is a "timing" offense and witten and romo have that great chemistry, because they both have that timing down.

I dont pay too much attention to the tim brown comments, i mean come on if he hated the raiders why would he have taken the job in the first place? And he will wait all the way until the super bowl to sabotage them? Gannon threw 5 ints, 3 were for td's i guess bill knew that was going to happen.

vCash
    Jerry's just making noise for the sake of making noise as far as this announcement. He's dressing same thanksgiving leftovers and calling it the Tuesday special. Callahan was already involved with the offense last year, so it's the same old same old. Who cares who officially calls the f'ing plays. It's the plays that were designed during the week that stunk. Heck, Romo improvised half of our comeback plays with his feet. Too much on his plate? He was hired as HC partly due to the fact that JG was supposed to be a boy wonder offensive guru.
    I have a hard time believing that Callahan had much if any input into the offensive game plan with "boy wonder" JG believing and trying to live up to his hype. Garrett was saying he would retain play calling duties until JJ went on a radio show and said that may not be the case and the next day JG was on another radio show saying he's open to all options, including giving up his play calling duty.

Jason "boy wonder" Garrett's offense became stale and predictable. New plays, new game plans, better understanding of how to work our offense with our OL, etc., are all things that if done properly, which Callahan had proven he can do in Oakland, are all improvements over JG's lackluster offenses.

Edit: also, JG showed over the past two seasons that being the OC/play caller and HC was too much for him, as he failed to do well at either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney2424 View Post
    We have been mediocre with his offensive playcalling for 5 years now man... This team is way too talented to be avg at best year after year. How many years can we back a guy who continually rolls out a vanilla offense and then follows that up with shotty head coaching decisions? Let the guy focus solely on being a head coach and let his coordinators coordinate. And it's not like we forced coordinators on him Callahan has been our OC for a few years now. We gave JG too much responsibilty since we hired him as HC and let him keep OC duties. How many great (active) NFL coaches are doing both currently and succeeding? Sean Payton is arguably the only one. I think this is a smart move, and now if we follow up with another bad season it will be easier to cut Garrett loose and go after possibly Gruden? I like the sound of that.
    I'm tired of hearing how talented this team is. Like the tuna said, "You are what your record says you are." We've been 8-8 two years in a row, that means we have average talent, average coaching, and average ownership. This is what Jerry has gotten so good at. Makes everyone think the cowboys are a great team full of talent when they are just average.
    Last edited by DAL*CWB; 01-23-2013 at 07:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baazinakon View Post
    I have a hard time believing that Callahan had much if any input into the offensive game plan with "boy wonder" JG believing and trying to live up to his hype. Garrett was saying he would retain play calling duties until JJ went on a radio show and said that may not be the case and the next day JG was on another radio show saying he's open to all options, including giving up his play calling duty.

Jason "boy wonder" Garrett's offense became stale and predictable. New plays, new game plans, better understanding of how to work our offense with our OL, etc., are all things that if done properly, which Callahan had proven he can do in Oakland, are all improvements over JG's lackluster offenses.

Edit: also, JG showed over the past two seasons that being the OC/play caller and HC was too much for him, as he failed to do well at either.
    isnt it to much for any coach?

bill belicheck was a great defense coordinator before he became a head coach. does he have a defense coordinator? or does he call the defense?

tomlin was a dc has well. does he call the defense?

does any team have a head coach that also calls the plays?

vCash
    ^ Sean Payton is one.

My point was that removing him from calling plays, he can focus on trying to be a good head coach as opposed being a poor OC and a poor HC. He wasn't succeeding at either job, so something had to be done.

vCash
    Man....i am torn about this move as well. This is very interesting, but i have to echo Cowboys1797, for some reason, this bothers me. We'll see how it works out.

Silver and Blue, Proud and True

vCash
    Why is Jerry making this call and not the head coach like in every other organization?

It's a good move BTW. Callahan has a much better offensive track record.

vCash
    Like most of us in this forum, I hate JJ the GM. And thats putting it mildly. I haven't agreed with any coaching move he has made since Jimmy Johnson left.

That being said I do agree with him taking the playcalling duties away from Garrett. I was hoping for someone outside of the organization (Norv Turner or Pete Carmicheal, Jr.) that way Garrett would'nt have much if any input in the offensive game plan. Hopefully they let Callahan use some of the stuff that worked for him in Oakland, like the screen plays that used to get my homeboy Charlie Garner big chunks of yards. I can see someone like Kenjon Barner doing that for us.
    Last edited by C-Mac; 01-24-2013 at 08:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    yeah, im sure gruden, or holmgren, or any coach for that matter wants to come to a team that already has a staff in place....

no coach would want to work in that enviroment. every coach wants to have his guys there. has garrett ever gotten that opportunity? idk. doesnt seem like it though.

jones is putting in place the pieces for the next coach in case garret fails etc (looks like hes trying to prepare for gruden)but gruden is not a yes man. the next coach he has in mind might be on the staff already. jerry wants a yes man. so i dont know the heck he is doing. sooner or later i expect rob ryan to start running his mouth and give us an idea of really whats went on.
    its really a joke on what jerry is doing . garret wont quit because he cant walk away from the money, so jerry is going to have to fire him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baazinakon View Post

Even if you have a hard time believing it, it doesn't change the facts. The whole point of bringing in Callahan last year was supposedly so he can help out. It just sounds like Jerry making noise about an area that really hasn't changed much. Garrett and Callahan are still the ones involved in designing the plays, so who cares who calls it.

vCash
    Even if you have a hard time believing it, it doesn't change the facts. The whole point of bringing in Callahan last year was supposedly so he can help out. It just sounds like Jerry making noise about an area that really hasn't changed much. Garrett and Callahan are still the ones involved in designing the plays, so who cares who calls it.
    I highly doubt that Callahan had much input into designing plays or game planning since "boy wonder" was obviously convinced that he is actually some wonderful OC brainiac. Callahan's style is different, much more run based, etc., so I think that if he is allowed to have full control over designing plays, forming game plans, and calling plays will yield significant changes.

Also, I am thinking that JJ likes what JG is Doug in terms of player personnel and direction, so he would like to have JG stick around. That said, it wouldn't surprise me that JG's seat is boiling hot and if we start off poorly, it is set-up for him to be released and Gruden to be brought in.

vCash
    Callahan was in the fold. it's really not going to change what they're doing that much. The offensive players are just going to have to stay healthy and play out of their minds. What I want to see from our offensive coordinator is an ability to counteract the opposing coaches strengths and ability to adapt/adjust. We often watched as the opposing coaches frustrate us and have an answer for everything we were doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    Why is Jerry making this call and not the head coach like in every other organization?

It's a good move BTW. Callahan has a much better offensive track record.
    Agreed. Jason should have made the announcement about the OC, not JJ.

Callahan better not get too comfortable at Valley Ranch, because I have the feeling that if this team finishes at 8-8 again, he'll be following Jason out the door.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast