Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    me to... like i said, i even wanted an real offensive coordinator.. just dont like how this was handled though.
    Watching NFL Live on ESPN & listening to Jerry Jones comment of his / this decision. I have no idea what he was saying ???? It was a bunch of gibberish !!!

vCash
    Garrett should be the calling plays. I don't know if he's one of those Norv Turner types that's suited to just be a coordinator or if he can do both but I don't like the idea of Bill Callahan calling the plays.

vCash
    someone dedicated to handled the play-calling is what this team needs on offense...Callahan has been successful in the past...let's see what he can do with this team - get him some OLine!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    Yeah, but is Callahan really the answer? He was here last year too... If you're going to make changes, might as well get a good OC.
    He was here as an OL coach...not sure what that has to do with him calling plays?

Reference my other link about how good his offense was in Oakand. Much better than the Cowboys' offense in recent years.

vCash
    ^yes, in oakland, they were all over the field on offense...like I said, get him an OLine and let's see what he can do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    someone dedicated to handled the play-calling is what this team needs on offense...Callahan has been successful in the past...let's see what he can do with this team - get him some OLine!
    idk.. i totally agree we needed an offensive coordinator, and garrett had to much on his plate. IMO, should have been like that from the beginning. and i really didnt think he did that bad of a job.

callahan has been very successful in the past, and really, i dont mind him calling the plays..

i just dont like the way it was handled...

just not a good feeling imo on the way it went down.

vCash
    i mean, i wanted an O.C. has well. but this, IMO, was handled horribly... i mean, seriously, this is sad.
    Dude you literally know nothing behind this move.. This is a great change, Callahan had some successful years as Oak OC back in their most recent glory seasons. Kiffin is now our DC who was Gruden's defensive mind in Tampa, and Callahan was the Raider's OC while Gruden was in Oak. Jerry is setting this up I believe with every notion of getting Gruden if Garrett has another par season at the helm. Jerry may not be the best of football minds, but the man does hate losing, another season like this Jerry with bust out the money to bring in a highly touted Super Bowl coach. Think about it man. Garrett wasn't getting the job done.

vCash
    There is a God! lol

All joking a side, I like the fact that Red will no longer be calling plays. What worries me is the fact that Callahan ran the West Coast Offense which we do not run. I hope either he transitions well or the team does. Also, these rumors about the sabotaged SB make me pause somewhat. But overall, I like the move.

"God knows that I'm not a saint, but I am a Dallas Cowboy." -Rayfield Wright

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney2424 View Post
    Dude you literally know nothing behind this move.. This is a great change, Callahan had some successful years as Oak OC back in their most recent glory seasons. Kiffin is now our DC who was Gruden's defensive mind in Tampa, and Callahan was the Raider's OC while Gruden was in Oak. Jerry is setting this up I believe with every notion of getting Gruden if Garrett has another par season at the helm. Jerry may not be the best of football minds, but the man does hate losing, another season like this Jerry with bust out the money to bring in a highly touted Super Bowl coach. Think about it man. Garrett wasn't getting the job done.
    thats ridiculous.

if jerry wanted gruden, then he would go get gruden. He wouldnt get al lthe coordinators to set up for a year down the road and cross his fingers. thats sad at best.

because if they have a horrible year this year, then more then likely the oc, dc, and hc are all gone.

or at least the dc or the oc, to go along with the HC.

seriously. thats ridiculous.

and im not saying callahan wont be awesome, or not. i dont even mind him being o.c.

the part that bugs me is how it went down, how it was handled.

to me, the way they did it, totally undermined garrett.
    ---------------

and to clarify, i like the move. i dont like how the move was handled.

and i believe under no circumstance are we going to get gruden. just doesnt make any sense in my mind.

every big name is tied to dallas. gruden has been out of football a long time. Look at the coaches we have had. chan gailey, dave campo, barry switzer, bill parcells, wade phillips and garrett. the outlier is parcells.

gruden has been out of football for a long time.

imo, based on what jerry has done in the past, we go after either holmgren, or a somoeone no one would think we would get
    Last edited by rawz; 01-22-2013 at 09:13 PM.

vCash
    Now Callahan is an official OC. It doesn't matter who calls the plays if we continue to surround Romo with this Oline. There isn't a coordinator/mastermind that can save us with this line.

Garrett can focus on managing the game and get to focus on the entire team during preparation for games. I think this alleviates some stress on Garrett.

I'm for it and I look forward to seeing Callahan calling plays.

vCash
    well all of the big names have been out of coaching in the nfl such as cowher, gruden, holmgren for a while. Even Kiffin has been out of the nfl for a while now.

I think this year will determine whether or not Garrett stays. I hope he's gone all together, but only if it means we get one of the names i just mentioned. I hope that another disappointing season will stimulate Jones into attempting to get one of those big names, but that's just wishful thinking. The only way one of the coaches comes here is Jones gives them the leverage they will demand.

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Like Thedon said this is the Dallas Cowboys for you... I agree that I dont want Garrett calling the plays but if your gonna take it away from him then you should just fire him... I agree with Rawz this was not handled correctly and will cause problems... Also did yall see the article that says Tim Brown claims Callahan sabotaged the raiders and threw away the Super Bowl.. I dont know if that has to do anything but like someone said before I just dont feel good about the future of our team.

vCash
    sigh...

either fire the man, or let the man run the team the way he wants....

if he fails, let him fail. let garrett have his coordinators, his offense, his system.

how do you hire a coach, then force coordinators on him, a system on him, and expect him to succeed????

idk about this.
    I agree! I dont like Garrett and I think he should just be fired but if you are going to keep him, go ahead and let him do his thing...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney2424 View Post
    I got to agree... I think Jerry is gearing up for Gruden...and to be honest, he should just do it already!!! All the signs point to that!
    Last edited by gocoachmike; 01-23-2013 at 12:21 AM.

vCash
    Jerry's just making noise for the sake of making noise as far as this announcement. He's dressing same thanksgiving leftovers and calling it the Tuesday special. Callahan was already involved with the offense last year, so it's the same old same old. Who cares who officially calls the f'ing plays. It's the plays that were designed during the week that stunk. Heck, Romo improvised half of our comeback plays with his feet. Too much on his plate? He was hired as HC partly due to the fact that JG was supposed to be a boy wonder offensive guru.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast