Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jason Garrett will NO LONGER CALL PLAYS - COWBOY FANS REACT

About ****ing time

vCash
    Bill Callahan to call plays according to Jerry Jones per breaking news from 1310 The Ticket in Dallas

vCash
    sigh...

either fire the man, or let the man run the team the way he wants....

if he fails, let him fail. let garrett have his coordinators, his offense, his system.

how do you hire a coach, then force coordinators on him, a system on him, and expect him to succeed????

idk about this.

vCash

Wake up bud..

Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    sigh...

if he fails, let him fail. let garrett have his coordinators, his offense, his system.

how do you hire a coach, then force coordinators on him, a system on him, and expect him to succeed????

idk about this.
    We have been mediocre with his offensive playcalling for 5 years now man... This team is way too talented to be avg at best year after year. How many years can we back a guy who continually rolls out a vanilla offense and then follows that up with shotty head coaching decisions? Let the guy focus solely on being a head coach and let his coordinators coordinate. And it's not like we forced coordinators on him Callahan has been our OC for a few years now. We gave JG too much responsibilty since we hired him as HC and let him keep OC duties. How many great (active) NFL coaches are doing both currently and succeeding? Sean Payton is arguably the only one. I think this is a smart move, and now if we follow up with another bad season it will be easier to cut Garrett loose and go after possibly Gruden? I like the sound of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney2424 View Post
    We have been mediocre with his offensive playcalling for 5 years now man... This team is way too talented to be avg at best year after year. How many years can we back a guy who continually rolls out a vanilla offense and then follows that up with shotty head coaching decisions? Let the guy focus solely on being a head coach and let his coordinators coordinate. And it's not like we forced coordinators on him Callahan has been our OC for a few years now. We gave JG too much responsibilty since we hired him as HC and let him keep OC duties. How many great (active) NFL coaches are doing both currently and succeeding? Sean Payton is arguably the only one. I think this is a smart move, and now if we follow up with another bad season it will be easier to cut Garrett loose and go after possibly Gruden? I like the sound of that.
    yeah, im sure gruden, or holmgren, or any coach for that matter wants to come to a team that already has a staff in place....

no coach would want to work in that enviroment. every coach wants to have his guys there. has garrett ever gotten that opportunity? idk. doesnt seem like it though.

vCash
    This is a damn circus ( just like with the NY Jets )... what the heck are the owners doing? Sounds to me like financial commitment moves with the hope that things get turned around.. NO way is this a football move...If you relinquish duties from the head coach you fire his butt. That's it... He should be gone...This is reeeediculous...
    New York Yankees
    Dallas Cowboys
    UCONN Huskies Football
    UCONN Huskies MBB
    UCONN Huskies WBB
    Philadelphia 76ers
    New York Knickerbockers

vCash
    ^Exactly Cmoney. Garrett was predictable and stale as an OC. I am so happy I won't have to see a delayed inside handoff/draw every set of downs. I am hoping this with an OL and the resulting improved run game will help our offense be much more dynamic and much more successful. I am elated that Garrett is not going to be calling plays. I hope that his game management improves a result of not having to focus on calling the same plays every set of downs lol.

I really hope we upgrade the OL and get another RB to maintain run game efficiency when Murray goes out this season so we can take the ball out of Romo's hands a bit without just havin to have Romo throw to curl routes and other five yard throws. If we can set-up a good play action I can see Dez and Romo having a hell of a 2013 season.

Let's stick with the good moves Jerry, OL, DL, RB/S now needs your attention in FA and draft.

vCash
    Maybe JJ likes where he thinks Garrett is going as a HC with the organization, but realizes Garrett cannot succeed fully as a HC if he is busy playing OC, poorly at that, as well? If that is the case, and Garrett has a problem with it, then Garrett should leave and I would welcome that as well.

Jones is trying to so what he can to help the team win. Callahan was hired while Garrett was there and given the OC title while Garrett was there, so it isn't like Jones just went out and signed this guy without Garrett knowing. My guess is that this is why we didn't go after Norv Turner. He knows fans like you guys would cry about his involvement and how he undermined Garrett. Garrett has sucked as an OC, so what do you want Jones to do? Sit back for another year of ****** play calling, game planning, an game managent?

vCash
    sigh...

idk about this.
    Agree, either take him and all that comes with him or let him go.

yeah, im sure gruden, or holmgren, or any coach for that matter wants to come to a team that already has a staff in place....

no coach would want to work in that enviroment. every coach wants to have his guys there. has garrett ever gotten that opportunity? idk. doesnt seem like it though.
    That's exactly why we won't ever have a great coach at the helm

Quote Originally Posted by ktuck911 View Post
    This is a damn circus ( just like with the NY Jets )... what the heck are the owners doing? Sounds to me like financial commitment moves with the hope that things get turned around.. NO way is this a football move...If you relinquish duties from the head coach you fire his butt. That's it... He should be gone...This is reeeediculous...
    Couldn't agree more.

I understand why some want an OC who can call the plays, but undermining your coach will solve one problem, but create another.

This is the Dallas Cowboys

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    http://thelandryhat.com/2013/01/17/a...lling-numbers/

A lot of good info and stats in regards to Callahan, primarily with the Raiders. Very impressive and what I would love to see happen again here in Dallas.

vCash
    Yeah, but is Callahan really the answer? He was here last year too... If you're going to make changes, might as well get a good OC.

vCash
    i mean, i wanted an O.C. has well. but this, IMO, was handled horribly... i mean, seriously, this is sad.

vCash
    Why do I feel worse today about our future than I ever have before ?

vCash
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-step-forward/

ok.. this is what confuses me...

Jones said, via Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News. “Make no mistake about it, when I hired Jason to come into the organization as a coach he was hired specifically for his skills for his abilities to call the plays. When he became the head coach, it was at my insistence that he continue to call the plays. It was not at Jason’s insistence.

i always thought garrett really didnt even want to call the plays, and wanted to be a walk around head coach, like almost every other coach...

but now it seems like garrett did want to call the plays...

confusion....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys1797 View Post
    Why do I feel worse today about our future than I ever have before ?
    me to... like i said, i even wanted an real offensive coordinator.. just dont like how this was handled though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast