Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Paul Millsap or Al Jefferson

Who is more important for Utah Jazz ? Paul Millsap or Al Jefferson ? Who should they keep in team ?

vCash
    jefferson. both are damn valuable to us right now though, but between the two, it's big al.

edit: "to us"... lol. doubt anyone values them as much as we do.
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 01-22-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    Personally, if we can pull it off, I'd rather trade both and pick up a new starting C and a backup PF. If it's between one or the other, keep Jefferson (just don't break the bank), but Favors and Kanter are the future. In addition, there's a reason Jazz fans keep referring to Jefferson as a "black hole" on offense, and nonexistent on defense. The ball movement that we have thrived on for so many years stops with Jefferson.

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

vCash
    I love this deep questions that always pertains to both Milly and Al. One of these days in this forum I wish we would all agree on something and talk about that endlessly, like how great Commissioner Gordon and Sexual Favors are.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    This horse has been beat to death. I am just hoping we trade one of them for the best opportunity out there. I don't agree with the idea of trading them both. A nice 3 big man rotation would be great moving forward. Then it will push Kanter to outplay someone for the starting job.

vCash
    I would say that both need to go. This team isn't going anywhere. Get rid of them both for future assets and try to build through the draft. But we all know that's not going to happen so I say get rid of Milly. Neither of them is a great defensive player but Al can dominate on his own on the offensive side of the ball.

Rippin' lips son!!

vCash
    Get rid of them both. But I guess we don't want Jabari Parker that badly.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    with the lottery it is so hard to get good players that I woudln't ever try to start a season purposely tanking

vCash
    Right now Al is our one and only primary option. Name another player on the team that we can run the offense through repetitively game after game who would demand a double team. I'll give you time to think about it......

Sorry, doesn't exist.

The only reason I (if I were GM) would even remotely consider trading either of our starting front line players is because I know we can't afford to resign both and we need an asset in return. That is the singular reason.

Don't be fooled into thinking these guys are going to command a top line player in return. You are only going to get a player who is not needed by their team who costs them so much it is killing their salary cap. Think about that. We are going to have a player who makes serious bank and isn't a star.

I don't understand the excitement over trading these guys.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodsHair View Post
    Don't be fooled into thinking these guys are going to command a top line player in return. You are only going to get a player who is not needed by their team who costs them so much it is killing their salary cap. Think about that. We are going to have a player who makes serious bank and isn't a star.

I don't understand the excitement over trading these guys.
    Sorry HotRod but I disagree. The Jazz have emphasized many times how valuable the cap space will be in the new CBA. They will not accept a salary dump. They would be wiser to just let one of them expire.

I do agree that some Jazz fans have their head in the clouds when it comes to trades. I'm probably one of them.