Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What needs to be fixed in order to win a Super Bowl?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coaching

0 0%
  • Players

2 50.00%
  • We can win a Super Bowl with these coaches and players, we just didn't

2 50.00%
    vCash

Coaching or Personnel?

Just wanting to gauge the forum's feelings. Who is not doing it for this team right now, the players or the coaches? Obviously, neither are perfect but which do you believe needs to be fixed moreso than the other?

vCash
    I'm not saying we should stand pat but we had a championship team. We outplayed the 49ers without a doubt in my mind and their fans know it. The botched snap and RW slipping on the INT. HD slipping on the go-ahead TD. We let them win. We would've wrecked the Ravens too in my mind which makes things worse. I think we keep our coaches, make some small improvements(mostly depth) and try again next year.

vCash
    Just look at the front seven on defense and offensive line, then ask yourself how many players among that group of 12 players have legitimate Pro Bowl potential. I count three: Spoon, Clabo, Abe. So that's 3 out of 12. Not good.

vCash
    Having said that, the "coaching" part that I fault is Smith's conservative nature, just sitting on leads instead of going for killshot after killshot. We've seen it happen too often in recent years. It's become his reputation around the league.

vCash
    I think our coaching was fine. For the most part, we definitely have a championship caliber team. This team could have easily been in the Super Bowl, although there are a few positions that could use an upgrade (LB, RB, OL, DL).