Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Lmao, it's from Jarrod Rudoplh people.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wcl2bs
    Add 3 1st Round Picks To Lakers

Why should we add Lopez in a trade? Howard is the problem in L.A. so why should we give up probably the best Center in the league for a problem? If it's the last 5 minutes in the deadline and Howard still hasn't been traded yet then we should just offer this take or leave it. No Lopez, No Wallace, No Johnson, No Williams. Take this or leave us alone.

^ She's A Cutie

NEW JERSEY NETS 4-EVER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan71023 View Post

Why should we add Lopez in a trade? Howard is the problem in L.A. so why should we give up probably the best Center in the league for a problem? If it's the last 5 minutes in the deadline and Howard still hasn't been traded yet then we should just offer this take or leave it. No Lopez, No Wallace, No Johnson, No Williams. Take this or leave us alone.
    All the facepalms.

The Future

vCash
    IMO, the Lakers are going to lose Howard in the off season. He's not happy playing with Kobe and Kobe is going to be there for another 1-2 years. Howard is just buying his time with the Lakers and then test the free agent waters. The only way that Howard signs with the Lakers is if they win it all and that's not happening.

Lots of teams know this and so they're not going to trade for Howard unless they can sign him for a long contract but since Howard has always wanted to play with the Nets then he'll more than likely not sign with anyone and test the waters.

So with that said, I say don't trade for him since we'll have a great chance to sign him after this year.

vCash
    The fact that these rumors are coming out puts us IN GREAT shape.

Last year Dwight increased his trade value (especially to the Nets) by saying he will only sign an extension with us. Meaning we lost all leverage. This year people thought he would sign with LA and he still hasn't. The reality is that Dwight and the Lakers are scrambling on the court and recently off the court. and they can't get anything done and a trade is bound to take place. (whether we get him remains to be seen) The leverage is back in our hands because the Lakers are probably in worse shape then us salary wise and might just do anything to rid themselves of Dwight...

I don't believe these rumors, remember they come from Jarrod Rudolph who has called things numerous times such as Dwight signing an extension with the Lakers and it didn't happen. We know he is close to Jarrod Rudolph in some way since Jarrod broke the ETO signature last year, but my guess is they are pumping up these rumors to get themselves out of LA.
    BEAT THE KNICKS

vCash
    I really hope the rumors were bs.

vCash
    If Howard really truely only wants to be with the Nets...then he will just sign with us in the offseason as a Free Agent...I'm not sure how the new CBA works...but if Howard really wants Brooklyn we give him the minmium contract we can give him on a 1yr deal...then wouldn't he be able to sign an extension eith us after that season to a max contract with us just having to pay luxary tax penalties and not having to worry about being over the cap??? And if this isn't allowed then we still sign him to a minmium 1 yr deal next year and then the following year when Humphries 12M contract is up we just resign him and give him all of that money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whomewhome View Post
    The fact that these rumors are coming out puts us IN GREAT shape.

Last year Dwight increased his trade value (especially to the Nets) by saying he will only sign an extension with us. Meaning we lost all leverage. This year people thought he would sign with LA and he still hasn't. The reality is that Dwight and the Lakers are scrambling on the court and recently off the court. and they can't get anything done and a trade is bound to take place. (whether we get him remains to be seen) The leverage is back in our hands because the Lakers are probably in worse shape then us salary wise and might just do anything to rid themselves of Dwight...

I don't believe these rumors, remember they come from Jarrod Rudolph who has called things numerous times such as Dwight signing an extension with the Lakers and it didn't happen. We know he is close to Jarrod Rudolph in some way since Jarrod broke the ETO signature last year, but my guess is they are pumping up these rumors to get themselves out of LA.
    Agreed. I def believe and always have believed that Jarrod Randolph is the mouthpiece for Dwight. He's now spent plenty of time at Barclay's and LA. I believe Dwight is trying to force his way to Brooklyn if possible without looking like he did yesterday. He won't request a trade, but he can sure start rumors of the Nets pursuing him and also fail to say if he'll resign with the Lakers or not.

I think his lack of hustle is part of his plan to leave. If he came to Brooklyn I think you'd see a motivated Dwight Howard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan71023 View Post

I think Brook is great. Five years from now, Dwight won't be physically dominating and his lack of mid-game will kill him while Brook will be in his prime and averaging 25 ppg. With that being said, you make that trade now if you can. Dwight makes the Nets better over the next 3-4 seasons while the other guys on this team are still capable of playing at a top level. When we traded for Wallace and Joe, we are committed to win now. The nets have a 3 year window to win a championship and Dwight brings us closer. If I were a team like Portland with a young core, I would go with Brook over Dwight. Brook is my favorite player and I hate to see him go but I want a championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Raven View Post
    I'm more afraid of the Bulls w/ Rose than the Heat.
    No we match up good with the bulls we dont match up good with Miami because Deron is turnover prone and they feast off other teams mistakes. When you play miami you have to limit your turnovers

vCash
    I'm pretty sure this is much ado about the samo samo. I read this "source" was rubbish. I believe it.

vCash
    I would rather wait til the offseason and get him as a FA so we can keep brook (if we can do somethign with the cap). Otherwise we wold probs have to give up brook , marshon and a pick or somethign like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by to2ocool11 View Post
    I would rather wait til the offseason and get him as a FA so we can keep brook (if we can do somethign with the cap). Otherwise we wold probs have to give up brook , marshon and a pick or somethign like that.
    Thats in no way shape or form possible. Theres this thing called cap space and a hard cap.

Plus, even if we could Dwight and Brook dont fit together.

vCash
    Offer the MLE exception and to be Lopez's backup in the summer. lolololol
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123