Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

SOURCE: Nets Preparing To Pursue Trade For Dwight

Oh here we go again. Let the conversations begin once again

The Brooklyn Nets are preparing to make another run at Dwight Howard, according to a source.

Playing in Brooklyn with Deron Williams and Joe Johnson was at the top of Howard’s list last summer and the Nets are convinced that he still has a strong desire to make the Barclays Center his home office. The Nets have played well under P.J. Carlesimo and feel like the addition of Howard could be the piece that gets them to the NBA Finals.

Nets general manager Billy King has closely monitored the struggling Lakers and quietly searched for a third team with an attractive piece that would help facilitate a trade that would deliver Howard to the Nets, according to sources.

The Lakers have struggled through injuries, a coaching change and a lack of chemistry this season. The team is currently 17-24 and facing the reality that missing the playoffs seems inevitable. The feeling out of Brooklyn is that Howard can be had for the right price because of the Lakers’ struggles and long-term commitment to a collection of pieces that just don’t seem to fit or complement Howard’s assortment of skills.

The only missing element was a third team with an attractive piece that would force the Lakers to consider the future of the franchise and directly question Howard about the direction he’s leaning at this point of the season. King, according to sources, was confident that he had a trade proposal that was a perfect fit for all teams involved.

According to sources, King was planning to contact the Minnesota Timberwolves in order to gauge their interest in a three-team trade that would send Kevin Love to the Lakers, Brook Lopez to the Timberwolves and Dwight Howard to the Nets. Other small pieces would need to be included, but the proposed trade was thought to be intriguing enough to start conversations in the Lakers front office that would force them to deal with Howard earlier than planned.

That idea, however, was shelved when Love was sidelined 8-10 weeks with a broken hand. The Nets believed the Lakers would be interested in Love, but not an injured Love, even if they’re facing missing the playoffs, according to sources.

King will still look around for an attractive piece for the Lakers, but won’t make getting Howard as big a priority as last season, according to sources. But he will continue to watch the Lakers and explore intriguing trade options, sources said.

Via Jarrod Rudolph/******
    http://basketball.******.com/wiretap...ade_For_Dwight
    Last edited by CaptainClutch; 01-22-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    link doesnt work
    Mark Teixeira #25
    GAMESPLAYED- 90
    R- 47H-76 HR-20 RBI-53 BB-44SO-71AVG-.235 OBP-.333 SLG-.446

vCash
    Mark Teixeira #25
    GAMESPLAYED- 90
    R- 47H-76 HR-20 RBI-53 BB-44SO-71AVG-.235 OBP-.333 SLG-.446

vCash
    Link no work.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Copied and Pasted what ****** put on their site. Apparently the links ******* = real gm so just input '******' there the *'s are and you'll be okay

"The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Not a great trade for us, but just trying to make the salaries work
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bj9dyg6

-Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Dwight will ruin this team I hope we do not get him. This team has no shooters people dont realize this. Deron is declining and JJ is as well without Brook Lopez our offense pretty much sucks and defenses would collapse on Dwight while Deron chucks up 3s and misses 2/3 of them

The only way Dwight becomes attractive to me is if you say we are also getting Ryan Anderson

vCash
    I couldn't hate on Billy King if he made a play for Dwight. Its a risk no doubt, but Dwight would at least give us a chance at a title. Without him our ceiling is maybe the ECF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsboi69 View Post
    I couldn't hate on Billy King if he made a play for Dwight. Its a risk no doubt, but Dwight would at least give us a chance at a title. Without him our ceiling is maybe the ECF.
    Yeah but are we stretching the floor anymore? We don't have Kyle Korver or JJ Reddick

-Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainClutch View Post
    Yeah but are we stretching the floor anymore? We don't have Kyle Korver or JJ Reddick
    No doubt we'd have to make another deal or two. But he would certainly help Mirza.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsboi69 View Post
    It depends the only team in the east the nets cant beat is Miami Id feel comfortable matched up with anyone in a 7 game series besides them. Nets can sneak into the finals if someone can knock off miami. We should be more focused on getting a starting caliber defensive PF than acquiring Dwight. If we had a good PF we could definitely protect the paint and make noise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    It depends the only team in the east the nets cant beat is Miami Id feel comfortable matched up with anyone in a 7 game series besides them. Nets can sneak into the finals if someone can knock off miami. We should be more focused on getting a starting caliber defensive PF than acquiring Dwight. If we had a good PF we could definitely protect the paint and make noise

Paul Millsap
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benzni View Post
    paul millsap
    yes

-Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash

-Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainClutch View Post
    id do that trade in a second we need a dunker now that green left it doesnt feel the same his dunks used to have me on my feet during games

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast