Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    still stoked about this news

i posted it in the morning and wanted to see what everyone thought about it

but then i left to go to a taping for the big bang theory and i just got home

glad everyone is as happy as me

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    Can't wait to hear all the haters talk their smack.

vCash
    So wait how come I hear reports that a $7 billion dollar deal was signed with TWC, and other reports that say there is no $ figure because Lakers are creating their own channel and TWC will assist them in rights distribution.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimos21 View Post
    So wait how come I hear reports that a $7 billion dollar deal was signed with TWC, and other reports that say there is no $ figure because Lakers are creating their own channel and TWC will assist them in rights distribution.
    You're confused lol

TWC will pay between 7 to 8 billion dollars for the right to broadcast Dodger games and take administrative and distribution duties. HOWEVER, UNLIKE THE LAKERS, the Dodgers will own their channel. The Lakers just play on an RSN owned and operated by TWC and collect the payments for their TV rights. The Dodgers, on the other hand, maintain ownership and control of the network.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

vCash
    8 billion

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    Why is this thing worded so strangely?

Do they or do they not own their own network?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedawgalex View Post
    8 billion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTmXHvGZiSY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by praisejesus View Post
    why is this thing worded so strangely?

Do they or do they not own their own network?
    yes. The dodgers own this network
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THINKBLUE15 View Post
    yes. The dodgers own this network
    Any new news when it becomes official and what the number is? The only baseball talk is in Giants radio. I'm going to hating life if the 49's when the super bowl after the Giants won the WS since I live about an hour away from SF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DigglinDickers View Post
    Any new news when it becomes official and what the number is? The only baseball talk is in Giants radio. I'm going to hating life if the 49's when the super bowl after the Giants won the WS since I live about an hour away from SF.
    The official announcement is on hold, because MLB and the Dodgers are fighting over how much of the money will be subject to revenue sharing. Bankruptcy court has the final say, as they had a an agreement with MLB and Frank McCourt that the league now is unhappy with because the Dodgers all of a sudden are going to collect 7+ billion and sharing barely any of it.

The agreement between the Dodgers and TWC is a done deal. The Dodgers will launch a team branded channel distributed by TWC. It will likely not be official until the revenue sharing issue is resolved.

If you live near SF you probably won't get the games since you aren't in market. The Dodgers network will be regional; LA/OC/IE, Southern Nevada, Hawaii.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings

vCash
    ANNOUNCED OFFICIAL
    @DodgersBeat: #Dodgers and Time Warner announce TV Deal to be called SportsNetLA
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings

vCash
    Major League Baseball isn't happy with the Dodgers' reported new TV deal, writes Bob Nightengale of USA Today. Nightengale reports that the previous fair-market value for a new deal called for an $84MM annual value. The Dodgers agreed to a deal with Time Warner Cable earlier today that would provide the team with roughly $280MM annually. That number has created significant revenue-sharing concerns among MLB officials.

PWEEEG The Gawwd

vCash
    MLB can smd. **** sharing with the Marlins and Padres.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedawgalex View Post
    Major League Baseball isn't happy with the Dodgers' reported new TV deal, writes Bob Nightengale of USA Today. Nightengale reports that the previous fair-market value for a new deal called for an $84MM annual value. The Dodgers agreed to a deal with Time Warner Cable earlier today that would provide the team with roughly $280MM annually. That number has created significant revenue-sharing concerns among MLB officials.
    MLB can suck it 280 million ways now for sticking us with Frank McCourt.

The only thing that I do not like from the deal, or any sports TV deal, is that it will limit access in other ways in the long term. I am on the Apple TV (ala carte wagon) in regards for paying only for what I want to watch. By the Lakers and Dodgers signing long term with cable TV companies, it prevents that ability to see my teams without also having to pay for the man-hating Lifetime Network, FOX News propaganda, or the local access basketweaving with a $115 Time Warner cable/internet bill every month.

If I could pay less than half that every month and get the Dodgers and Lakers in HD, whenever/wherever via my Apple TV at home, my computer/iPhone...I would much rather do that...BUT MLB blackouts and broadcast deals like this will force all of us to pay for things we really do not want. I am willing to pay for watching my teams...but I don't want to pay for other people to broadcast their crap.

vCash
    MLB can suck a fat one. We have been in the shitter financially for years before Guggenheim came in. Now that we have money all of a sudden we are hated. **** the rest of baseball for hating on us now that we are the big dogs on the block with our fat wallets in ownership.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast